Why isn't General Mayhem free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukenukemX

Supreme [H]ardness
Any reason why that section of the forums requires payment?

Also I've noticed that the forums have gotten smaller thanks to the advertisement that I see to the right. Any reason why the advertisement on top the page isn't enough?

If you are trying to make a case why you should get in for free, forget it. You are just gonna have to pay like the rest of us. Its only $5.

Also, kiss this thread goodbye.

DukenukemX said:

Also I've noticed that the forums have gotten smaller thanks to the advertisement that I see to the right. Any reason why the advertisement on top the page isn't enough?
it keeps (most) spamming idiots out....

and the ads have been addressed in other threads. search = friend

The reason is that the $5 fee weeds out almost all people who post with no reason and do nothing but spam. In other words it weeds out 99% of jackasses. At one time it was free and from what I hear was a nightmare to moderate due to the above reasons and could have potentially caused some liability to Kyle.

I would imagine that the additional adds help bring in revenue for more content for the expanded website. Granted I may not like seeing a bunch of flashy adds but understand their reasons and just deal with them.

BoogerBomb said:
The reason is that the $5 fee weeds out almost all people who post with no reason and do nothing but spam. In other words it weeds out 99% of jackasses. At one time it was free and from what I hear was a nightmare to moderate due to the above reasons and could have potentially caused some liability to Kyle.

I would imagine that the additional adds help bring in revenue for more content for the expanded website. Granted I may not like seeing a bunch of flashy adds but understand their reasons and just deal with them.
QFT.

These arent even bad ads, no popups, theyre all banners and they arent very intrusive :)

0mega said:
QFT.

These arent even bad ads, no popups, theyre all banners and they arent very intrusive :)
Yup...come one man...is 5 dollars REALLY that big of a deal?

DukenukemX said:

1) Because Kyle said so.
2) Because Kyle said so.

this is one of the greatests free forums in the world, why not help support it

owned.jpg
OWNED!

$5 keeps spam bots and mindless idiots out there. It's worth it and really, $5 is hardly anything in the inflated world we live in.

InorganicMatter said:
OWNED!

$5 keeps spam bots and mindless idiots out there. It's worth it and really, $5 is hardly nothing in the inflated world we live in.

hardly nothing?

I really have no clue why people seem to think that the [H] appeared out of nowhere and costs absolutely nothing to Kyle...:rolleyes:

You try running a website and paying for it. If Kyle's not using hair dye, I'd be amazed.

if you dont want to pay for it... good i did and there will be more for me, i for one love gen may and its the peice of the forum that really i felt was missing when i didnt have it.. and if your one to think that 5 bucks is to much, then you are probrably one of thoes assholes we are trying to keep out... ;)

Warrior said:
if you dont want to pay for it... good i did and there will be more for me, i for one love gen may and its the peice of the forum that really i felt was missing when i didnt have it.. and if your one to think that 5 bucks is to much, then you are probrably one of thoes assholes we are trying to keep out... ;)
Yea you dont really realize you need it before you get it, but when you do its like "ahhhh, now thats what ive been missing."

HighwayAssassins said:
Yea you dont really realize you need it before you get it, but when you do its like "ahhhh, now thats what ive been missing."
DAMN TRUE

HighwayAssassins said:
im glad everyone feels it too.. :D

Probably the best response possible. This forum costs a bundle to run which costs our members absolutely nothing. GenMay and it's subforums are strictly a personal choice. No one is making anyone join, it's merely an area of the forum that can't be accessed without a subscription. Join or not, it's your own decision

unhappy_mage said:
Contemplate this: Why *is* hardforums free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back