Why is XP SP2 not recognizing my USB 2.0 ports?

Blown 89

2[H]4U
I have a Soyo P4S Drago Ultra motherboard and XP SP2. I have completed all of Microsoft's updtaes and all of my USB ports are still only recognized as USB 1. What's going on and how do I fix this?

That would be nice to know for me as well. Lately I've been plugging in my USB2 flash key and sometimes it gets recognized as USB2, other times I continuously get told that it would be better with a faster link indicating that it's detecting USB1.1.

have you loaded your chipset drivers for the motherboard? for the USB controller? Have you tried to even uninstall/reinstall the USB controller?

Put in the cd that came with your motherboard. There may be a "USB 2.0" driver on the menu somewhere. I had it on my older mobo's cds from what i recall.

bump

my Epox mobo had a link to a readme to get USB 2.0 support, telling me to use Windows Update. For some reason, my computer doesnt pass the Genuine Advantage whatever tester so I cant enable 2.0 that way - is there another option?

daweinah said:
bump

my Epox mobo had a link to a readme to get USB 2.0 support, telling me to use Windows Update. For some reason, my computer doesnt pass the Genuine Advantage whatever tester so I cant enable 2.0 that way - is there another option?

Where'd you get your copy of XP? Is it installed on two computers?

Back