Why is the 2700K priced @ 369.99 on Newegg?

Because it's the fastest and newest chip out for 1155 and there is no competition to it other than Intel's own 1366.

Thats just wrong.

For that much money on Nov. 14th you will be able to buy a i7 3820 @ 3.6ghz with also alot more cache.

But ofcourse Newegg will probably gouge that one too unless they signed an agreement.

Thats just wrong.

For that much money on Nov. 14th you will be able to buy a i7 3820 @ 3.6ghz with also alot more cache.

But ofcourse Newegg will probably gouge that one too unless they signed an agreement.

The 3820 will be a locked cpu which doesn't make sense considering it's an enthusiast processor. The Cheapest Sandy Bridge-E processor that's overclockable will be a six core monster, but it'll cost atleast $500 or so I have read. That pretty much guarantees I'll never be able to afford one making the 2700K the best processor for people like me who don't want to spend more than $250 - $300 for a processor.

Last edited:
The 3820 will be a locked cpu which doesn't make sense considering it's an enthusiast processor. The Cheapest Sandy Bridge-E processor that's overclockable will be a six core monster, but it'll cost atleast $500 or so I have read. That pretty much guarantees I'll never be able to afford one making the 2700K the best processor for people like me who don't want to spend more than $250 - $300 for a processor.

i am waiting for ivy or will upgrade to the 6 core monster.. Think it will be a nice upgrade from my q9550 at 3.61 hehe

Back