Why is my DVD+RW disc showing it's empty?

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone, I'm wondering why a DVD+RW disc I've put into my disc drive is not showing anything on it at all, when I know it's loaded with data?

It just shows it as blank? Any ideas?

Thx. Prozac:):eek:

Does the DVD+RW disk read in another drive? Which drive was the data on the DVD+RW disk burnt on? Was it on another DVD Burner?

did the drive read RW discs before? if not, it may need a firmware update.

Does the DVD+RW disk read in another drive? Which drive was the data on the DVD+RW disk burnt on? Was it on another DVD Burner?

It does not read on other drives. The disc was burned in Holland in 2007. I was trying to get important stuff before I headed back to the states, as my Dutch wife wanted a divorce. The first PC I had when I got back to the states in 07 read it fine.

did the drive read RW discs before? if not, it may need a firmware update.

Well both drives are at the latest firmware updates...but niether drive is seeing any data.

Oh well.

Are you placing an actual DVD+RW in the drive, or is that disc a DVD-RAM, perhaps? DVD-RAM was "popular" for a short period of time years ago, especially in other parts of the world (I'm in the US) so... it's easy to mistake such a piece of media, I don't so that's why I'm asking if that's the situation here.

Also, there's a chance the disc wasn't burned correctly so if it wasn't, perhaps not closed properly, it could simply be "full" of nothing and all that data is gone. :(

There's a program called CDRoller that you can use to check for actual data on the discs, and also another app called CD/DVD Diagnostic (there are several with that name so you have to pay attention). Neither of them allow for actual recovery unless you buy a license but, they can both check/test the disc to see what's there, if anything.

Good luck, regardless.

Back