Why is linking to GeForce dotcom blacked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
Why can't we link to GeForce dotcom? It makes it kind of hard to link other users to the place to download drivers.

Some dispute between them and [H] a long time ago that nearly no one remembers, I'm guessing.

It is pretty annoying.

Some dispute between them and [H] a long time ago that nearly no one remembers, I'm guessing.

It is pretty annoying.

Yeah, probably.... there are a lot of sites blocked like that :(. Heck, one "Hardware Canucks" I have no idea why is even blocked, nor does the main reviewer...

For awhile, NCIX was blocked due to an innocuous transgression asking about how the rules worked, but now that they advertise they're unblocked. *shrug*

For the sake of ease of use can we get this domain whitelisted again please?

The reason I blocked this domain is that I saw it as NVIDIA attempting to produce its own review content and I think it simply is not objective and therefore do not like our pages directing people there.

Hardware Canucks is blocked because the site used to post reviews before embargo time, allow those to get spidered by Google, then take those reviews down till embargo time. This led to search engine results being a bit slanted towards that website.

I think it would be helpful to post what sites you have banned & the reasons behind them in the FAQ or a similarly locked thread. I found your explanations very useful since I didn't have a clue about the reason for either of those.

Same, I was curious about the site I mentioned especially... good to know why they're blocked :).

Thanks for being courteous and providing the explanation, Kyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back