Why is it so hard to create an account here? It's turning a lot of people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been subscribed to this forum for a while now and have always enjoyed it. I also spend a lot of time on reddit's /r/buildapc subreddit for advice and recommend people coming to hardforum to seek out advice as well. An overwhelming majority of users have stated that they've tried to make an account and then get denied. Even one of the creators of pcpartpicker.com tried to make an account a while back and got denied, thus leading him to create forums on his website. So my question is why is hardforum making it so difficult for users to join this forum? It's definitely turning people away and the general consensus towards this forum outside of it is to stay as far away as possible.

See the reddit post about people's perception of hardforum http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1s83d4/a_lot_of_builders_stated_their_build_help_posts/

Last edited:
We do not allow registrations that contain a company name/website. It has to be a personal account. If they are a representative of a company, it needs to have the official company email address listed. Each and every registration is checked manually by the Admin staff prior to passing a registration to new account status. It's not hard, hundreds of people do it each week, they just do it by the rules. ;)

Yes, a lot of folks get upset because we do not allow them on our forums to promote their businesses. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back