Why is everyone swinging from Mass Effect's nuts?

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Supreme [H]ardness
It seems like everyone is swinging from Mass Effect's nuts like Tarzan on roids. Why? I'm only on the second mission, but it still seems whack. Am I missing something? Do you get more weapons later?

I"ll answer you as soon as I find out why people sack ride GTA and Halo

^haha. Even though you're playing this on PC, this might be a question better posted in the console forum.

My guess is that people thoroughly enjoy what's offered in the game. If what's offered doesn't appeal to you, why concern yourself with it?

My guess is that people thoroughly enjoy what's offered in the game. If what's offered doesn't appeal to you, why concern yourself with it?

I asked for a simple question. Ok, so people enjoy what's offered in the game, I get that, but why? What is it in the game that people enjoy? I wouldn't say I'm "concerned" about it, I'm just curious and confused on why people orgasim over the game. Sorry to confuse you. ;).

I'm also assuming you two are Mass Effect nut huggers as well? Please fill me in on why it's so amazing.

Im not a nut hugger, I think its a buggy POS stability wise. The storyline and the missions are awesome though, in the same way KOTOR was.

How can someone answer a question that's heavily based on something as subjective as "fun"? I bought the game, played it enjoyed it and moved on. If that's considered nut hugging then I have nothing else for ya.

I mostly liked it for the Bioware touch the game had. Sure it was lacking in some areas (mostly that stupid Mako crap) but there was just enough to give the game an epic feel for me. I also liked it because we're really lacking in non-fantasy RPGs so it was a breath of fresh air to not have to use a sword and to play in a completely original universe.

*shrug*

Smoothest nuts ever that's why.

Story, plot, music, acting, graphics. Why else do people like particular games? What's your favorite game? ask yourself the same question. *shrugs shoulders* not really a science here.

How can someone answer a question that's heavily based on something as subjective as "fun"? I bought the game, played it enjoyed it and moved on. If that's considered nut hugging then I have nothing else for ya.

I mostly liked it for the Bioware touch the game had. Sure it was lacking in some areas (mostly that stupid Mako crap) but there was just enough to give the game an epic feel for me. I also liked it because we're really lacking in non-fantasy RPGs so it was a breath of fresh air to not have to use a sword and to play in a completely original universe.

*shrug*

Haha, you just contradicted yourself. You say you played it, enjoyed it and moved on, then you go into detail on why you enjoyed it. Thanks for the second paragraph. These are the answers I'm looking for. You guys on this forum jump on the defense too quickly. I asked a simple question, that's all. <3

I thought it got good. The end was epic, and im my opinion, one of the best in game stories ive ever seen.

Smoothest nuts ever that's why.

Story, plot, music, acting, graphics. Why else do people like particular games? What's your favorite game? ask yourself the same question. *shrugs shoulders* not really a science here.

Of course it's not a science. AGAIN, i asked for a simple question and so far only two posters have gave me answers I was looking for. Instead of throwing up the shield, help a bruv out.

Haha, you just contradicted yourself. You say you played it, enjoyed it and moved on, then you go into detail on why you enjoyed it. Thanks for the second paragraph. These are the answers I'm looking for. You guys on this forum jump on the defense too quickly. I asked a simple question, that's all. <3

By "moved on", I was implying that I moved on to other games and not run outside naked proclaiming Mass Effect's greatness (or posted all over the forums). Not sure how that was a contradiction but whatever. No offense taken.

By "moved on", I was implying that I moved on to other games and not ran outside naked proclaiming Mass Effect's greatness (or posted all over the forums). Not sure how that was a contradiction but whatever. No offense taken.

if you were sitting next to me right now, I'd so make out with you.

Id like to challenge all the viral accounts as well... im in the same situation as the OP, after a bit of playtime im just left with a bored "meh" feeling... doesn't seem like theres anything new and exciting about the game so far. :confused: the KOTOR blueprint with another story? Then again these games never really got to me. Too much dialogue, not enough action / intuitive. Maybe we're just different from most gamers :)

Of course it's not a science. AGAIN, i asked for a simple question and so far only two posters have gave me answers I was looking for. Instead of throwing up the shield, help a bruv out.

What shield!? I just said Story, plot, music, acting, graphics. I like it all. It all came together to form a game I really enjoyed.

I like games with story and lots of a dialog. Its like reading a really good sci-fi novel, but in a game. If some people dont like that, no worries.

I dont get it either, I played about an hour into it, exited and havent played since.

I'm also assuming you two are Mass Effect nut huggers as well? Please fill me in on why it's so amazing.

Because tastes differ, y'fucking mong. Why do people like CS:S? Why do people like being tied up and spanked?

Fuck off oot my life, mate.

It was a bit vehement.

You get better guns later. The side missions are recycled, but can be interesting. The conversations can be interesting too, and so far the main missions have been more engaging than Oblivion for me, even though my team-mates, until recently, have been proper spastics.

I'm probably one of the older people playing these games and it can take me a little bit longer to get it than most. I may be joining AARP soon. For me, Oblivion went over the line but Mass Effect is a pretty deep game with just enough to hold my interest as I progress through the game. Comes down to individual preference I suppose.

It's almost as if you're here asking us for justification for you to like and/or continue playing the game. If you want to play it, do so. If you do not, well, don't.

To me Mass Effect felt like a funnel. Wait hear me out. You start off and the game seems broad and open ended with a whole galaxy to discover and interesting people to meet and piss off. As the game progresses the scope of the game narrows down and becomes more and more linear.

I would have like to have seen more planets like the snowy Hoth planet. Instead of more Mako levels. I would also have like to have seen more cosmetic differences on the weapons. There really are only two weapon models, red and grey (except a Geth assault rifle that I found).

In the end though the game really was very enjoyable. I did feel immersed in the universe. At the end, although the ending did tie everything up nicely I did leave feeling like I wanted more, much more. Although I do feel like that it is the hallmark of a great game.

The storyline and the missions are awesome though, in the same way KOTOR was.

QFT

I could play Mass Effect, never get into a fight, and have a blast. Talking crazy to people is much more fun than it should be. Also, the last 3 or 4 hours of this game are, in a word, incredible.

Because tastes differ, y'fucking mong. Why do people like CS:S? Why do people like being tied up and spanked?

Fuck off oot my life, mate.

Eh, watchoo talkin aboot, Wally? Stop pinchin your tits and playin with your douche, that might prevent the whinning that is taking place on your part. <3

Good main storyline was the reason I like the game the most. Plenty of things bothered me about the game however. The side quest were awful, One of the collection quest i was happy to see I only needed one more thing to finish it and i found it, what did i get? a quest over that was it!!!! After that I ignored almost all the side quest and finished the game.

Not to start this again but i felt it suffered b/c it was a console port, a pc game would have had more and been better polished. kotr game were much better i think. IMO of course no need to start another console pc debate. 7.5/10 in my eyes

It's the first of the Bioware RPG's that can really let you become immersed in every facet of the game. If you let yourself, the graphics, the voice acting, the epic scale of the story and the ideas that hold it together can surround you while you play it. From the first moment playing the game I got a feeling much like the one I got when I played HL1 for the first time, like I was playing a game that the developers really put some care into and had come up with something that could be experienced.

Sure, certain aspects of the gameplay suck a big fat cocksicle, but if you can forgive that and if you are able to read through or listen to many of the codexes explaining the universe the game is trying to make you a part of, you can have one hell of a time.

Well obviously you guys really didn't understand the question.

The question wasn't exactly deep. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that people play it because .... they enjoy the gameplay?

I hate halo, but it doesn't take a genius to realize why people like it, even if I hate it.

The voice acting is great and I enjoyed the story along with the combat using a shotgun.

It seems like everyone is swinging from Mass Effect's nuts like Tarzan on roids. Why? I'm only on the second mission, but it still seems whack. Am I missing something? Do you get more weapons later?
I don't know what you mean by 2 missions, if that includes sub parts of main missions or not? Anyway, I wasn't very impressed with the game in the first mission but as soon as I spent some more time on the game with missions and side missions I was totally enthralled.

I love the story, the believability, the combat (I use shotgun only pretty much), the general polish of the game and interface, the customisability of your weapons and skills... it's the nuts ;)

Back