Why I Won't Be Buying Modern Warfare 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMXEDU5XGMs

I agree for the most part of the video, yet again PC gets shafted. BeachHead Studios say PC is an insecure platform as a scapegoat. To be honest I have gone back to COD4 and CODWAW and I still enjoy those COD titles from time to time with dedicated ranked servers more than the latest POS MW2 and BLOPS.

Negatives:
$60 price tag
castrated elite service
P2P ranked system same as MW2
no prize wins in competition
same old MW2 sounds and UI
unranked dedicated servers
no premium features
no premium membership
full price for all DLC

Positives:
Public server files
LAN support

"It's $60 which is more than most PC games...but BF3 is $60 too so I'm not gonna fault MW3 for that"

lolwut

I actually like the COD single player, but don't want to pay that much for it. Still waiting for MW2 to come down a bit to play the SP campaign there.

Still waiting for MW2 to come down a bit to play the SP campaign there.

it's an over-the-top, absurd storyline that most people didn't care for....but i had a damn fun time with it. suspension of disbelief helps.

of course...i still enjoy watching Die Hard so what the hell do i know? :D

if you're waiting for the price to go down then you're going to be waiting a long time...CoD prices rarely ever go down

Call of Duty is goi.. ng... to.. wh.... errrr... duuhh...

Sorry, distracted by BF3. Back to BF3.

+1, that is the newest CoD that I play.

+2. I haven't paid any attention to CoD since CoD 4 to be honest....I really enjoyed the earlier CoD games but with the new ones, it's the same shit being recycled over and over again on top of poor support/implementation for PC gamers.

COD's suck....beyond COD4, they've done nothing for gaming yet have managed to hit a cord with mainstream tards who'll tolerate anything.

it's an over-the-top, absurd storyline that most people didn't care for....but i had a damn fun time with it. suspension of disbelief helps.

of course...i still enjoy watching Die Hard so what the hell do i know? :D

It's a video game, I'm looking for over the top ridiculousness. I loved the prison break in Black Ops.

if you're waiting for the price to go down then you're going to be waiting a long time...CoD prices rarely ever go down

One night I saw it on a STEAM sale for $15...thought cool, but I'm tired, will grab it tomorrow. And then it was no longer on sale... :(

I am also not buying it solely because it appears to have no changes to the multiplayer that I could really see in gameplay videos. It looked and sounded exactly like Mw2. I didn't see anything new that made me want it (aside from the SP)

Anyways, back to BF3!

COD's suck....beyond COD4, they've done nothing for gaming yet have managed to hit a cord with mainstream tards who'll tolerate anything.
Nice generalization you have here. I thoroughly enjoy the CoD franchise and am emphatically looking forward to playing MW3. Am I a sheepish goontard who only buys "what everyone else buys?" Nope. Is MW3 going to be perfect? Nope. Is it revolutionizing the FPS genre? Nope. Will I have a fucking blast with it? Yep. Are the hours upon hours of entertainment I will get from MW3 worth $110? Yep.

Are there going to be crybabies that are never satisfied? *points the thread starter and those who agree with his crybaby tendencies* Yep.

Edit: Btw Fail, before you start ranting...I own Dark Souls...so according to you I should automatically be "hardcore".

Is MW3 going to be perfect?

It's just gonna be the same ole game that does nothing for gaming, but everything for the bean counters who dribble out this type of trash yr after yr, anyway, almost anything can be fun when you're prepared to tolerate almost anything.

It's just gonna be the same ole game that does nothing for gaming, but everything for the bean counters who dribble out this type of trash yr after yr, anyway, almost anything can be fun when you're prepared to tolerate almost anything.
Your judgment of the CoD franchise is subjective at best. Some people don't mind paying for entertainment...whether or not it is "rehashed" is not the point. You people who are crying about the economic aspect of game development and how "stagnant" gaming has become need to do 2 things with the $65 dollars you won't be "wasting":

1. Go buy a book on world economics.
2. Invest the rest of the money in your endeavors to become a world leading game developer/publisher.
3. Come back to these forums with a better understanding of what makes this world go around.

Can't buy MW3 cos of no dedicated servers/gimped pc version. Can't buy BF3 cos of Origin and its privacy infringing ways... Tbh there's always gonna be some reasons not to buy games, no matter which game it is. This game tho was intended for teenagers/young twenty somethings on XBL and that's exactly where its gonna sell its millions.

My main stay of gaming is still counter strike and quake 3 arena, but im not normal by any stretch of the imagination.

TL;DR - Haters gonna hate, sheeple gonna buy, life gonna go on.

I will never pay $60 for a PC game.

Like when you said you would pay more for games like BF3 if they were on Steam? Oh but you would pay $60 for a console game right?

As dumb as it may sound but i thoroughly enjoy the single player aspect of the COD franchise. Its actually something I look forward too with every release.

As dumb as it may sound but i thoroughly enjoy the single player aspect of the COD franchise. Its actually something I look forward too with every release.

It doesn't just sound dumb my friend.:D

Like when you said you would pay more for games like BF3 if they were on Steam? Oh but you would pay $60 for a console game right?

I don't have BF3 and have no plans on buying it, no Steam, no sale.

Normally I don't pay $60 for console games either, I made an exception for Dark Souls, which is a hands down GOTY contender.

Well, that means they will only sell 24,985,888 copies now. That'll show them.

It takes this guy 5 minutes to get to what he actually thinks is wrong with MW3.

Does he think if I watch 9 minutes of BF3 gameplay, I'm going to cancel my MW3 pre-order and buy a second copy of BF3 or something?

Negatives:
$60 price tag
Paid more for BF3 than I will for MW3.
castrated elite service
If I bought Elite, it would be for the DLC discount, so this doesn't really matter to me.
P2P ranked system same as MW2
I enjoyed MW2's multiplayer.
no prize wins in competition
If I were f4ta1ity I'd be mad. I'm not, so whatever.
same old MW2 sounds and UI
Proof? IIRC the sounds changed between MW2 and CoD4.
unranked dedicated servers
So you mean I don't have to worry about leveling up to select the loadout I want? You make this sound like a bad thing.
no premium features
no premium membership
You know, back before it was announced PC wasn't getting Elite at launch, people were lining up to say what a stupid idea Elite was and how it wasn't worth the money. I'm personally indifferent; if it gives me a discount on DLC I'm going to buy anyway (and buying DLC is contingent on how much I like the game), then fine. If it were just the premium features, I'd never do it.

But now that the PC isn't getting Elite, PC gamers (like this guy) are enraged that they can't have these features they didn't want. If Beachhead said tomorrow "Just kidding! Call of Facebook: Elite is available for PC, and it's even got a Flash bobblehead the console kiddies can't have!", NONE of these people who are pointing at Elite as the reason they're not purchasing will suddenly run out and buy it.

full price for all DLC
Proof? The quote I saw said that we will still have the option of purchasing DLC a la carte - not that we'll never have the option to purchase it with Elite. In other words, it sounds like he was trying to soothe fears that PC will never get the DLC, not like he was saying Elite won't include DLC when it launches. Like I said, if it doesn't include the DLC, I'm not buying it. And even then, it's not guaranteed.

Positives:
Public server files
LAN support
Doesn't look like you tried very hard there. Let me give you an example of what I mean.

BF3 Negatives
Requires Origin.
Not available on Steam.
New buggy web-based server browser.
No way to join desired squad.
No public server files.
No mod tools.
Crashes often.
Steep system requirements.

BF3 Positives
You can send friend requests from the server browser, like it's Facebook.
Decent graphics (if you have the horsepower).

Someone who doesn't know anything about either game might take one look at that list and decide that BF3 has no redeeming value. I mean, look at all the cons! Look at how few positives there are, and one is even qualified!

The point is, despite its (numerous) faults, BF3 is a great game. I've had lots of fun playing it, and it was well worth the purchase. Just like MW3 will be. It's likely going to have a kick-ass single-player campaign and I'll likely get at least a hundred hours out of the MP just like I did for MW2.

I am buying Mw3 on the Xbox 360...

Why?

Because I can actually play the game with 4 people on the same TV or I can play with 2 people on 1 TV or 4 on 2 TV's in online multiplayer...

This is pretty much my verdict on Mw3 vs BF3

Bf3 is great for a single person multiplayer experience...but Mw3 is great for friends that actually get together to enjoy gaming.

At least it's got LAN support and is available on steam. Oh and it doesn't make you install spyware to play that does nothing for your game experience. That's more than BF3 can say. You realize what a sad day it is when I can find positives in a COD game....

At least it's got LAN support and is available on steam. Oh and it doesn't make you install spyware to play that does nothing for your game experience. That's more than BF3 can say. You realize what a sad day it is when I can find positives in a COD game....

:rolleyes:

Forgot one more positive for MW3.

You can buy it on Steam.

Bought it, preloaded it, but still a toss up for me if I'm going to support it any further or this will be my last wannabe IW COD. I wasn't a fan of WaW, but Black Ops was a great game with a story that made more sense then MW2, lets see what they can offer me for Black Ops 2. Some slight improvements to their MP maps and player count and we could have a true sequel to COD4.

I like the COD franchise.

I play primarily SP because I suck at MP.......so all this talk doesn't phase me at all.
I bought a copy for my 360 and a copy for my PC.

My son likes to play MP, and he's a solid PC kid, but as the poster above said, on the 360 people can get together and actually have alot of fun.

I also like BF3, the game is beautiful, and I get killed about every 10 paces in the campaign.:D

Why?...I'd rather they were 150+ and were up to standard.

I agree, if games were up to par and actually had a lot of worthy content I'd pay $100 for them. Now a days it seems like the cheaper the game is the more probable that it will be a fun game. I can go on STEAM right now and find a ton of amazing big dev games and indie games that are under the $20 price point but I can only point out a handful of games that are worth the $50 that they currently sell for.

Back