Why I Deleted My Steam Account

Delete? I think just about the only time I have been opening my steam account is to run the 3D Mark Benchmarks. I have not really been playing games much at all lately.

I see no reason to expend any effort trying to go out of my to ignore assholes/racists shitposting or fuckery online while I'm trying to post or play a game.

If they want to keep their garbage on their little corner of the internet then fine but when they try to spread their trash everywhere then they need a good solid banning.

Oh horseshit. Privately owned forums aren't mobs nor is banning assholes or racists, something which has been happening for a long time in most places on the internet (even in the Usenet days), isn't suppression of free speech or their rights.
Your right it is a privately owned forum and as such can do what they want (which is why i don't support net neutrality). I'm just saying I support steams path of not moderating it because i like free speech everywhere (not in the legal sense). As i said i support the original posters decision, just saying their (valves) decision is a pro for me.

This person must be planning on going full hermit, because social media of virtually any platform you can name is significantly worse.

Back