Why hasn't WoW and LoL died already?

Why do people still play much less pay for these shit-tastic games?
They are a shadow of what great fun they used to be.

I went back to play some league of legends and world of warcraft after 3 years being away..

OMFG these game got shit on so hard. They turned into Ultima Online and EverQuest. :rolleyes:

Isn't LoL the biggest online game in the world right now, with the biggest tournament pots ever?

Maybe your tastes changed buddy.

NI7H5.jpg

Why do people still play much less pay for these shit-tastic games?
They are a shadow of what great fun they used to be.

I went back to play some league of legends and world of warcraft after 3 years being away..

OMFG these game got shit on so hard. They turned into Ultima Online and EverQuest. :rolleyes:

deal with it and move on... theres a long list of games/game series that are still played years later that are complete garbage yet people still fork over 60 dollars for the same game with a new name.. and here you're complaining about a free game that you don't have to spend a dime to play(referring to LoL).

Isn't LoL the biggest online game in the world right now, with the biggest tournament pots ever?

Maybe your tastes changed buddy.

outright tourny pots, no.. player salary + pots yes. DoTA still pays out the most as far as tourny pots go but LoL players make way more money per year. chinese LoL teams are the highest paid teams in esports currently though. this is not counting any money made through streaming.

Last edited:
image_zpsj24yu67b.jpg

I don't judge other people's actions if they are hurting no one. I could personally never give a damn about either game.

That's not Megalith is it? Haven't kept up with the name changes.

That's not Megalith is it? Haven't kept up with the name changes.

Just checked my master list of all the name changes, Megalith did not get a name change and nobody change to The Neo Zeo, so this is not a name change ;)

League isn't a video game anymore, it's an esport. Riot has proven they don't care about the point of games is to have fun. You have to read a 2 hour long manual before playing the game if you stepped away for 2 weeks.

I used to play a lot of league but then I realized: When was the last time I really had fun in it?
Some say "When you are winning of course!" Hmmmm usually when my team wins at the victory screen we feel like "Phew! we made it.. " I personally don't know why anyone would put themselves through that for an hour plus unless they are getting paid for it. I play games for fun, it's not my job.

Not trying to sell you another game (infact im so tired of mobas..) but in the 3, 20 minute, Heroes of the Storm matches I play, win or loose, I have about 1000X more fun. Then again, I grew up with Blizz

because nothing better has come along yet.

Lineage 2 lived strong for over a decade :) still going, not as strong but still going.

For me, I still play WoW because of the friends I have made over the years that I still play with. Granted, I haven't been subbed the entire time, but I still enjoy raiding a few nights a week with my friends. To me, the social aspect is what mmos are all about.

I quit WoW after Cataclysm and never went back. I enjoyed it up till that point though. If you got friends who like raiding. WoW and FF14 are the better raiding MMOs right now.

League is fun if you have some competitive friends to make your own full team. I played it for awhile with a full team of friends and we had a blast. If you don't have a full team of friends on voice chat don't even bother.

The Wife and I played WoW for quite some time (one of the only games we would play together). However, it was just too much paying for a subscription, especially knowing other quality MMOs were doing f2p right (ie: Rift).

Both games were never good to begin with.

Probably after playing better games, you figured this out.

Back