Why G.Skill PC4400 ?

WeldZilla

Limp Gawd
Well let's say for the sake of arguement you have a processor that just won't get past 265 fsb. Maybe only say 255, and you want a memory that you can run 1:1 with full PAT enabled. Since you have a limited Fron side bus you need to make up for it with great memory that will run as tight of timings as possible. This is why I recommend G.Skill to people. It is rated to run up to PC4400 @ 2.5-3-3-7 and that is great. However, it is what it'll do on the way up there that is amazing. On my Epox 4PDA2+Ver.2 board it runs tight all the way to DDR 530 and I mean tight!! Here is a pic to show just how tight.
2652-3-3-5sandra.jpg

You will notice that PAT is enabled which really puts a hurtin on your mem but this G.Skill just takes it in stride. So if you are limited by the heat of air cooling or by just an unlucky processor you have a great chance of improving your performance with this mem.
It is certainly worth considering if you are in the market for some memory.

WZ

The CPU, should theoretically be able to handle any FSB speed you throw at it, below its native frequency. I'd say it's the memory controller that's not letting you overclock. Or the inability to adjust multipliers down. But G.Skill pc4400LE is indeed great memory, even if only because of relentless speed binning. The new OCZ pc4800el-pe bins about the same ratio of chips, so the two should provide very similar results.

Back