Why does this happen when my monitor goes to sleep on higher refresh rates then 60Hz ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Subzerok11, Oct 13, 2018 at 6:23 PM.

1. Subzerok11

Subzerok11 Limp Gawd

So I just got a new monitor a few days ago and something strange is going on whenever I leave a web page up on the screen. So basically when my monitor goes to sleep and when later on I come back I move my mouse to wake up my monitor the web page moves to the upper left corner of the screen and it's really tiny. But this only happens at refresh rates of 100Hz,120HZ,144Hz but it does not happen at 60Hz.

Anyway it's really rare I leave a web page up when I leave my PC for a extended amount of time and if I do I usually minimize the screen anyway, then it's fine.

So why do you think this is happening, have any of you heard of anything like this before ? I'm keeping the monitor either way this is really nothing that will happen to me 95% of the time.

https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/business-monitor/detail/1282/C27JG50

2. kasakka

kasakka Gawd

This should have nothing to do with refresh rates but a thing called simulated screen in Windows. The simulated screen is by default 1024x768 px. If your computer comes out of sleep before the display powers up, then Windows might see that the display is not connected and will default to the simulated screen and thus all your windows get resized to the left corner.

This can be changed from the registry, see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/1653aafb-848b-464a-8c69-1a68fbd106aa?auth=1

Armenius likes this.
  3. Subzerok11

Subzerok11 Limp Gawd

Only my monitor can go to sleep, so what your suggesting won't help me.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 8:03 AM
  4. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

It doesn't matter, the behavior is the same in all cases.

5. Subzerok11

Subzerok11 Limp Gawd

But why doesn't it do it when I use the 60Hz refresh rate ? Anyway nothings wrong with the monitor then I guess.