Why does my BlackBerry 8330 Get double emails from [H]?

BigBeef

Limp Gawd
I have email notifications on for PM's and the like for [H] and my BlackBerry 8330 Curve gets duplicate emails, but at odd times. I'll get duplicates anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes apart on my phone, but my actual email account doesn't.

What's up with that?

maybe it's an echo?

like sometimes when you try to send a text message and the device says that sending failed, but a minute later you get a reply? If you'd gone ahead and hit 'resend message' then the person on the other end would have two copies of your message.

that doesn't explain why it's only [H] though...

Åndhrimnir;1035347294 said:
maybe it's an echo?

like sometimes when you try to send a text message and the device says that sending failed, but a minute later you get a reply? If you'd gone ahead and hit 'resend message' then the person on the other end would have two copies of your message.

that doesn't explain why it's only [H] though...

I got a PM earlier and the emails were 16 minutes apart. I subscribed to this thread and I received an email when you posted. I got another 8 minutes later, but only on my phone. This is so dumb, and it's only [H] emails. I don't think it's something with Verizon, all other emails work fine. What's weird is the time gap is always inconsistent between emails.:mad:

Well, it can't be [H]'s fault either, since they have no way of sending you an email only to your phone but not to your normal inbox. So perhaps it is your email service?

It's my ISP email....I used it to create a [H] account, but use another address for all other emails, since [H] won't let you use Gmail to create an account. I have both those addresses on my phone and it's sending one to each...guess I'll delete the one! OOPS! Problem solved. Silly me.

What's funny is Gmail always gets the email minutes at least before the other account does. That's because the email client my ISP has is a piece of shit.

Haha, I know what I did. Since I didn't want to log in to my crappy ISP email all the time, I just set it up to forward it to my Gmail account, but I also have the ISP email set up on my phone, that's why I still got both.

Back