why does a system on my LAN take almost 3 seconds to respond to Angry IP scanner?

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Other systems and devices respond in roughly 4 ms to an Angry IP Scanner scan, but this other laptop takes almost 3 seconds. What are my trouble-shooting steps?

Hmmm...I would boot it to a linux live cd/usb to rule out a hardware issue first.

Hmmm...I would boot it to a linux live cd/usb to rule out a hardware issue first.
If I ping that laptop, I get an instant response for IPV 6. If I ping -4, then I get "destnation unreachable." That laptop, which is my wife's system, works fine for her, including internet access.

If I ping that laptop, I get an instant response for IPV 6. If I ping -4, then I get "destnation unreachable." That laptop, which is my wife's system, works fine for her, including internet access.
I think we found the culprit. :D Disable IPv6 and try it again on just ipv4 and see if that improves anything.

Why all the IPv6 hatred? :) A dual stack configuration should work just fine. Is the laptop in question configured for private or public? Are you pinging by name? What is the output of ipconfig /all on that system?

Why all the IPv6 hatred? :) A dual stack configuration should work just fine. Is the laptop in question configured for private or public? Are you pinging by name? What is the output of ipconfig /all on that system?
No hatred, but it's just that ipv6 a lot of times messes up more things than it fixes today.

I think we found the culprit. :D Disable IPv6 and try it again on just ipv4 and see if that improves anything.
This is weird. The day after I did my earlier post, there was no more problem as described in post #3 in this thread.

Go figure.

Back