Why Do You Mislead Us So New Egg!

untill about 4AM this morning, newegg listed the EVGA 6800 GT as comeing in yesterday. i called up, and they assured me that it would be their at some point in the day, that i need not worry, that i would have a chance to order it today. well, now the eta sais 8/2/04. this is the first time i am, and i didnt even know this was posible, truly mad at newegg

THIS MEANS THAT THE DAY I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN MY NEW RIG, A DAY BEFORE D3 SHIPS, IM GOING TO BE ORDERING!!! ARRRRRRGGG(dean scream)

I was following the same card all yesterday, but i had a feeling it would pull though. So i ordered a PNY 6800 GT from compuplus for 419.99 + 20 for over night shipping. I was just sick of waiting. Today they marked the price up to 459.99 and also set the BFG 6800 GT at 525 :eek: gouging sucks but thats supply and demand at its finest.

I was waiting too.....
think I'm gonna hold out and see if/when some of this price gouging on video cards is gonna go away! I actually saw a 6800 GT going for $599. It might be worth while to jus hang loose for now and see what actual DOOM 3 performance ppl are getting with their rigs. As for now, most of the retail sites seem to be giving ETA's for mid Aug. And it will probably get worse when D3 is released. I did have a Gainward Golden Sample 6800 GT preordered, but when I found out that it didn't have the 1.6 ns RAM (as advertised for at least a week on the Gainward site) I cancelled the order. Now I can only hope to snag one from Newegg on one of the ETA dates.

On a side note.....
Since id announced that D3 had gone gold, seems like the longest week of my life.

I should have the Gigabyte 6800GT (part # GV-N68T256D ) in stock in early august for 415.00 + 8.00 shipping (more, if you want it faster)
Their 6800 Ultra (part # GV-N68U256D) will be going for 530.00 + 8.00 shipping.
MSI's 6800 (part # NX6800-TD128) will be going for 305.00 + 8.00 shipping. (avail. 8/2)
MSI's 6800 Ultra (part # NX6800V-T2D256) will be going for 550.00 + 8.00 shipping (spec. order right now)
Asus's 256mb 6800 is going for 450.00 + 8.00 shipping

Anyhow, that's what i've got.

cheers,

dave

6UL-DV8 said:
I was waiting too.....
think I'm gonna hold out and see if/when some of this price gouging on video cards is gonna go away! I actually saw a 6800 GT going for $599. It might be worth while to jus hang loose for now and see what actual DOOM 3 performance ppl are getting with their rigs. As for now, most of the retail sites seem to be giving ETA's for mid Aug. And it will probably get worse when D3 is released. I did have a Gainward Golden Sample 6800 GT preordered, but when I found out that it didn't have the 1.6 ns RAM (as advertised for at least a week on the Gainward site) I cancelled the order. Now I can only hope to snag one from Newegg on one of the ETA dates.

On a side note.....
Since id announced that D3 had gone gold, seems like the longest week of my life.

Hell yeah, days are going slow. Can't wait.

I'm waiting to see what the performance is like on my 9800pro and 5950ultra before I upgrade, but I'm fairly sure I'll be upgrading. My friends have already starting calling dibs on my hardware.

I need the upgrade too....(9700np)
I really want one of the BFG 6800 GT's, but Jeez the prices are getting stupid, and Newegg doesn't even have it listed in their inventory.

ETA ... let's break that down.

Estimated Time (of) Arrival.

es·ti·mate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (st-mt)
tr.v. es·ti·mat·ed, es·ti·mat·ing, es·ti·mates
To calculate approximately (the amount, extent, magnitude, position, or value of something).

yeah but when you call the company and ask if its gonna make the eta..and they say yes..they should stick by it.

and if it really is a good eta it should be atealst within days of what it was suppose to be.

evga says that its going to ship 8/2..or atelast thats what they said when i called.

Yeah well Newegg told me and treky that same story.....

prolly most of the ppl we end up talkin too don't even know what a graphics card is used for anyway

yeah newegg is busting peoples hmm eggs ... i called them like last week when they had ETA set to friday.. and the guy said that their ETAs is 100% accurate, well so he claims cause its like the 3rd eta for evga 6800gt that has been wrong,
but who cares i ordered with evga.com last sat thats proly less then 24 since they had pre orderes open so i am happy camper waiting for them to ship :)

no, they didnt, i looked all day, and at around midnight they didnt have them, 1 they didnt have them, and 2 they didnt have them. they all said that it would be avalable on the 28th. i also got the auto notify thingy, and i never recieved an e-mail

Newegg has the Leadtek 6800 GT in stock now. Better hurry. I just ordered myself one for my system. I am none doing this waiting game finally.

you know what? im going to hold off untill the evga. from the reviews i have seen(one or two of them) it has mixed oc results. half do well(420 1150), the other half doesnt(well, relativly of corse), @ 400 1100. im looking for atleast a 420 oc 1100 oc, but i dont want to take the chance on the leadtek. and it doesnt seem to perform as well as other gt's clock for clock. interesting, since there all the same board right?

*EDIT*now that i have had the chance to translate some forign reviews(their are only 1-2 us reviews) i found one that hit 430 and 1.9 on stock cooling. his is the one im going with now... i would have like, REALY have liked to get far cry, and i dont like 3rdpersion shooters(the only good game in the bundel is splinet cell pandora tomorow). and after this i dont have the cash to buy far cry... and i realy wanted to try it out w/ ps3... ah well

Egg said they would have them in 25th before. No one is going to have them in before the 2nd of August at a resonable price.

well, i just got me a Leadtek 6800GT for 455 as aposed to 435, so no more procrastinating(actualy, the price hyke was what made the deal for me, showing that the evga will prob not be 409 by the time they stock it)

I too just saw the leadtek in stock at newegg for the 20 dollar price hike. I placed the order to reserve one and then immediately sent an e-mail asking if they would honor the previous price (from TODAY). Newegg has done this before for lots of people I don;t foresee them telling me no I always order from them. I'll let you guys know if they do it for me.

-Mav

I hate to say it,but yall should have jumped on the bandwagon sooner.I ordered my BFG Ultra way back in may.Got it first week of july,and only cost me $530 shipped.I am surprised that prices went up.I figured they would have gone down by now.But instead I see people buying GT's for same price as i payed for ultra.Thats crazy!Be honest and tell us how many of you are ati fans,and changed your mind late in the game due to doom 3 benchmarks.
/EDIT: Oh i totally for got that i printed out the sale BB had for $449.99 and took my reciept to BB and got $50 back,that brought it to $480 total :D

Hmm, if I did jump I probably would have gotten the X800 XT at the time...But the situation has changed around quickly so waiting has payed off IMO, and it still might change again.

Meh, I can wait till monday when my evga 6800 gt ships. Better be there on wednesday UPS!!!!!!!!!

i have ben an ati fon(though not rabid) for a while, just b.c they built a better card. i was looking at a GT since Guru 3d did their preview, and the D3 benches, and all the work i have been doing latly, clinched it

i two have sent in a e-mail. i was in the order menue when the hike acured, debateing weather or not to go w/ it. then i read the post about the price. ah well.

anyone get any word about a price adjustment? newegg still hasn;t responded to my e-mail

Dear Customer,

Due to the constant fluctuation of prices in this industry, the cost of our inventory is constantly changing. I am unable to provide you with a specific reason as to why there is a price differential because there is several determinates Newegg considers when making price adjustments. We will not be able to grant the original price you had seen previous to you order.

that sucks

Back