Why do I loose a Hotspot If I close my phone?

Droc

2[H]4U
I have a 6s and I hate everything about it.
But that's not my issue right now.

So anytime I use any wifi Hotspot, it's always a struggle to bring up the TOS login page. I usually have to connect, forget the network and try again.

Anyways, once I spend 5m connecting, if I close my screen even for a second, I have to do it all over again.

My wife's galaxy s7, she logs in once and doesn't have any issue staying connected and doesn't have to use the login page until we leave the site and come back. We're at our public pool on the wifi and I'll have to forget and reconnect every time my screen goes dark. She logs in once, van put her phone down for an hour and its ready to go as soon as she picks it back up.

What gives?

I feel it's specifically your phone, because when I hotspot my iphone 6s, I just turn it on and connect on whatever device, then I'm free to lock the screen or use any app i want, and it lasts hours

I'm assuming your phone isn't in low power mode or anything

Yeaaaah. That is not working as intended.

You can start with wiping the whole thing. If that doesn’t do it, take it to an Apple store.

I think you are using some wrong terminology here.
Correct me if I am wrong, but whenever you connect to a wifi network that has a captive portal (aka, agree to our terms of use before we give you internet) and your phone goes to sleep it loses the connection and you have to re-agree to the portal. The only way to get the terms agreement to pop up though is for you to forget the network and reconnect. You wife on a Galaxy S7 has no issues with the same networks though.

If I got that right,

First thing I would do is reset all network settings on the device. Of course then you lose ALL wifi networks but its a good first step.
If the device is still having issues after that, look at Reset Settings. Sometimes that can fix some weird issues like that.
Final step I would try is Erase all content and settings and start fresh and new. Make sure your important information is saved and synced somewhere.
If none of those fix the issue then it could be a hardware issues and should look at getting the device replaced, but I hightly doubt it is hardware otherwise it wouldnt stay connected to ANY wifi connection.

If I got your statement wrong then ignore what I just said.

Back