Why do all fans look better from the intake side?

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

Generally don't get why no fan maker has decided to make a reversible fan or otherwise a fan that has the better looking side on the exhaust side. I have a PC-o11 dynamic and it seems to look much better having all the side and bottom fans as exhausts, but doesn't really make any sense thermally. Am I missing something here? Why don't fans exist that look good from the other direction?

I have actually been wondering this myself lately (as I have the same case you do). It'd be nice if, even if I had to buy it aftermarket, a manufacturer would sell just the molded fan blade section with the blades reversed. That way, the fan can spin the same direction thus saving manufacturing costs of having to reverse the motor rotation direction. I know at this point it would be a limited use case but I'm sure there's a niche for it out there. I mean come on, doesn't it sound good if you could just swap out the fan blade section and reverse your airflow or turn the fan from static pressure optimized to airflow optimized or silence optimized or go from white blades to black blades? Could be a whole sub-market there for a manufacturer who likes that kinda thing (hint hint Corsair).

I think they're all designed the way they are because some bearing types rely on the "pull" that the rotor exerts away from the motor. That's just a hunch though.

The reversible blades idea is a neat one, but would require amazingly tight manufacturing tolerances to ensure the rotor was properly balanced no matter how the user installs it.

How many versions of the same fan name do they need? Theres like 20 f and another 20 p variations! That is hilarious.
Sorry i couldnt help myself.
I dont know if this has already been suggested but my solution? Just use some phantek halos to rgb the view some. You wont be able to tell the difference until you shut the rig down.

Putting the motor-support struts on the intake side makes fans noisier, so the struts are on the exhaust side of fans.

That's great how in that Silverstone fan listing, all the shots of the direction switch show a PCI bracket with empty holes in it.

Putting the motor-support struts on the intake side makes fans noisier, so the struts are on the exhaust side of fans.

That's great how in that Silverstone fan listing, all the shots of the direction switch show a PCI bracket with empty holes in it.

I think the bracket has extra holes in it so you can install a second speed controller for a second fan into the second set of holes.

Back