Why did "solutions" to prevent websites from blocking paste stop working?

DaRuSsIaMaN

[H]ard|Gawd
I just discovered that I cannot paste account info when trying to add a bank account for my Discover credit card account. I tried it with both Firefox and Pale Moon (a fork of FF). In FF I have the "Don't Fuck With Paste" extension. I added a rule to the extension so that it becomes active on that page. It doesn't do anything. I still cannot paste into the fields. I also tried it with Pale Moon, where I switched the dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled preference in about:config to false. It did nothing. This "solution" is all over the internet, and it used to work in the past. Why did it stop working? I tried to google it but this seems to be a new thing, and I couldn't find anything useful because search results are cluttered with the old "solution" which apparently no longer works at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Whoever thought it was a good idea to block pasting in web pages, and continues to perpetrate this extremely infuriating feature, should be dragged into the street and shot in the balls and face. In that order.

Back