Why Best Buy Checks Your Receipt

They get even more "huffy" when they have an expired license which technically isn't a valid license. I've declined sales because of expired licenses.

Because when your license expires, you magically get younger. Same as if you're medically not fit to drive anymore - seizures are the fountain of youth, you know.

It's places where the receipt check is so far away from the cash registers that (unlike Costco, where I've always been able to see them checking people on the way out when I'm going in) you don't know they're going to check, and you've bought one small thing that didn't need a bag, thrown out your receipt in one of the trash cans conveniently located on your way to the door, and the receipt check guy *makes you dig through the garbage* to find your receipt for a mere $5 cable (couldn't just ask the cashier that checked you out, now, could he?). And then he chases you out the door threatening to beat the crap out of you because you weren't incredibly polite after you'd finally found and given him the appropriate receipt. Luckily, we were faster, but not going to *that* Fry's again, thanks.

Back