why are there so few games for the wii u?

I just want to see Nintendo make a non 2D platformer on PS4 or XB1.

Nintendo has no incentive to do that at all. As long as their games are strong enough incentive to sell their consoles, then they'll always be a maker of consoles.

Why not get RARE of Crytek UK to make some Platformers, then? Or those Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank games, or the other platformers that Sony has?

Nintendo has no incentive to do that at all. As long as their games are strong enough incentive to sell their consoles, then they'll always be a maker of consoles.

Why not get RARE of Crytek UK to make some Platformers, then? Or those Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank games, or the other platformers that Sony has?

Because those consoles have a viable 3rd party market? The cost of entry to only play Nintendo games is way to high for many people.

I've suffered through Sega's fall to software only if it happened to Nintendo that would crush my childhood memories. I think I'd just have to walk away from gaming at that point.

I've suffered through Sega's fall to software only if it happened to Nintendo that would crush my childhood memories. I think I'd just have to walk away from gaming at that point.

With the amount of money they have from the Wii I doubt it would be anywhere near as bad as what they did. It would probably be transitional mid life on their last console.

So much is different it's too hard to list but the level layout the time you get the enemies Luigi's movements add a challenge. There's a ton of difference. It's very fun

I was ready to buy this until I found out all levels start you at a 100 timer which that is a huge turn off for me. I do not want to feel rushed for the ENTIRE game.

I was ready to buy this until I found out all levels start you at a 100 timer which that is a huge turn off for me. I do not want to feel rushed for the ENTIRE game.

It gives it the difficulty of the old school Mario games. At least that's how I feel my son commented on that and I said to him now you know what made older games such controller chuckers. It holds no hands to many games do that now.

i will get it at some point. You can download this with the disc version of mario u right?

Yes, you would need the disc version of New Super Mario Brothers U, and then you would download New Super Luigi U as DLC.

Only the retail version is stand-alone.

Because those consoles have a viable 3rd party market? The cost of entry to only play Nintendo games is way to high for many people.

Nintendo does illicit unique third party games too. And some second party games, depending on what you count "X" and Bayonetta 2.

Their weakness is usually the open world games or the FPS games.

With the amount of money they have from the Wii I doubt it would be anywhere near as bad as what they did. It would probably be transitional mid life on their last console.

At worst, Nintendo would likely just release another console earlier than they would otherwise intend. I doubt they would ever dissapear or turn into a third party developer.

Iwata was asked if the company would consider giving up on its hardware, as changes and additions to cell phones are making other portable devices irrelevant. He responded, "Nintendo is clearly much stronger when we can combine both hardware and software development than when we have to focus on software. I just cannot think of any reason why we would abandon a weapon which brings us such a great advantage. I just cannot imagine Nintendo's future as a dedicated software content provider."

Iwata was asked if the company would consider giving up on its hardware, as changes and additions to cell phones are making other portable devices irrelevant. He responded, "Nintendo is clearly much stronger when we can combine both hardware and software development than when we have to focus on software. I just cannot think of any reason why we would abandon a weapon which brings us such a great advantage. I just cannot imagine Nintendo's future as a dedicated software content provider."

I saw that quote from him. It does just make sense. Hell, the company has been in business since the 1880's, I don't think it's going anywhere now.

Nintendo does illicit unique third party games too. And some second party games, depending on what you count "X" and Bayonetta 2.

Their weakness is usually the open world games or the FPS games.

The FPS titles from Nintendo apparently slipping my mind right now. The only FPS titles I can think of is the Metroid Prime series, which is one of the few FPS games I can actually play because they are so fantastic.

Which Nintendo FPS titles are you referring to?

The FPS titles from Nintendo apparently slipping my mind right now. The only FPS titles I can think of is the Metroid Prime series, which is one of the few FPS games I can actually play because they are so fantastic.

No no no, I meant that Nintendo has had a hard time convincing third party companies to bring FPS games and open world games to their consoles recently.

I know the 3DS and the Wii U could use some of each. Not to say that Call of Duty is... horrible, just variety is nice.

So I have to say... Nintendo...

NSMBU had an update 2 days ago. Guess what was added?

WII U PRO CONTROLLER SUPPORT

FFS........ better late than never i suppose.... 8 months later
I had given up on them ever doing this.
Should have had it from day one, on a first party launch title.... :-/

I just want to see Nintendo make a non 2D platformer on PS4 or XB1.

I don't want to see any Nintendo franchise on a competitor console EVER. I care about games more than anything but where the Nintendo platform is concerned, their hardware is integral to their identity.

My wife and I spent the evening with her brother and his wife. We played Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country on their Wii most of the evening. We talked about what it would be like to play those games on an XBOX or PSx and it just feels wrong.

I realize that this is totally irrational position to take. Nintendo has been with me since I was a kid and I tend to be sentimental about their legacy. It is extremely painful that the Wii U is such a mess right now and I get chippy when I perceive anyone who is rooting for them to fail.

Please, Nintendo. Don't cuckold me. ;)

Last edited:

The only other FPS I can think of is The Conduit, with Kevin Sorbo. It's not bad, but it's nothing groundbreaking.

Luigi U is off the chain! Very difficult and fun. The more content trickles into this console, the more excited I am.

I love the Miiverse feature where you can post and read comments to and from otjer plays working on the same level as you.

The only other FPS I can think of is The Conduit, with Kevin Sorbo. It's not bad, but it's nothing groundbreaking.

The Conduit's multiplayer was so terrible that it is basically what made me give up on the system entirely. I was waiting forever for a good FPS game, and the multiplayer on The Conduit was so slow and choppy I just went out and got an Xbox 360.

Luckily the Wii U has much better online capabilities and controls.

Back