Why are there rebates on cases and PSUs so often?

• Thread starter Deleted member 312599
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 312599

Why does there always seem to be a rebate on PSUs and cases?

There's rebates on some things other than these but they seem to be the main ones.

Any reason we always have to factor rebates into these particular parts?

I wouldn't say it's PSU's and cases. It's Corsair running rebates who makes both cases and PSUs.

I think you may be making some strange assumptions here but.... Its probably partly what kirbyrj said.

Maybe I can try to partly help answer this question though. Stop and think about it. How often do people update their PSU's or cases? Probably one of the least updated components in a system right? I know I sure dont unless I have to. I think the last PSU I had for like 6-8 years. The current PSU I have had for like 3 years. My cases the same story. So when they get inventory of stuff like this, it probably sits in a warehouse and maybe suppliers dont buy that often because it doesnt move as fast? Cases also take up a shitload of room to store in some warehouse. Rebates probably help move some of the inventory. They dont move like video cards, memory and cpus.

I will also disagree slightly. I used to see rebates on video cards all the time as well so...

These companies are so old they are still doing mail in rebate scam? All the legit companies do instant rebates through apps. No stamp bullshit and drive to the mailbox chore. Rumor has it that the post office will be gone soon due to corona.

Back