WHQL 419.17 Driver Released. "Game Ready" for Anthem, DiRT Rally 2.0

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Release Notes:
https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/419.17/419.17-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Windows 10 64-bit:
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/143231

Everybody else:
https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Official discussion thread:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...lay-driver-feedback-thread-released-2-22-19-/

Looks like this fixes the iRay issue M76, but the promised PhysX fog fix for the Arkham games didn't make it :cry:. There is also a security vulnerability fix for GPU counters that can be toggled in the NVIDIA control panel.

Reactions: M76
like this
Found an interesting issue in the changed/fixed issue section:

upload_2019-2-22_12-29-32.png

I hope Eternal comes out sooner rather than later, but id can take as long as they need to get it right.

Can't believe they haven't fixed the Apex crashing yet.

Are you sure it's related to the Nvidia drivers. My son is using my old RX480 and Apex is crashing all the time for him. Sometimes it will crash on loading a map and sometimes after he has been gaming for 1/2 an hour. The game might be quite buggy by the looks of it.

Are you sure it's related to the Nvidia drivers. My son is using my old RX480 and Apex is crashing all the time for him. Sometimes it will crash on loading a map and sometimes after he has been gaming for 1/2 an hour. The game might be quite buggy by the looks of it.

Yes - Because it doesn't crash with the 417 branch, but started with the 418+ branch.

Yes - Because it doesn't crash with the 417 branch, but started with the 418+ branch.

You know, i'm one of those people who NEVER has problems with drivers. But these latest from Nvidia caused perf issues across the board. Regardless of using DDU. I probably spent half the night/day screwing around with them. Rolled back to 417, everything good again. 1080ti GTX.

nVIDIA is loosing their shit on driver front too?

This might fix the iray issue, but I also get terrible stuttering in games that used to run well before, ex: XCOM2.

Anybody try both Apex Legends and BFV with this yet? I'm scared to move from the 417 series as I'm running pretty good on both with it.

For some reason Gsync + vsync doesn't work right in certain games with any of these newer drivers. For example in OW when I use that combo w/ fps limiter it never even gets to the cap. It sits there in the 90-100 fps range and has more lag to it. Dunno if it's just no longer working correctly with win7 in these newer drivers but I've tried the 397, 399 & 416's. I roll back to the 388.xx and it works great with all games again. Sucks though because I lose a bit of performance in games like Apex.

You shouldn’t have vsync enabled with gsync. The best thing to do is turn off vsync and put a FPS cap below your monitors max refresh rate.

You shouldn’t have vsync enabled with gsync. The best thing to do is turn off vsync and put a FPS cap below your monitors max refresh rate.
The BlurBusters article said you should disable vsync in game and force it on in Nvidia settings (in addition to the frame cap). This does seem to work.

However, I have found that leaving vsync totally off also works, you just have to deal with tearing if fps drops below gsync range. This is not too bad in practice.

The BlurBusters article said you should disable vsync in game and force it on in Nvidia settings (in addition to the frame cap). This does seem to work.

However, I have found that leaving vsync totally off also works, you just have to deal with tearing if fps drops below gsync range. This is not too bad in practice.

I've always just left the option in NVCP to g-sync, and always turn v-sync totally off. As long as you're above 30 FPS and under the FPS of your monitor's refresh rate you're fine. If i'm playing a game where i'm hitting high FPS, i'll frame rate cap to a couple of frames below my max refresh rate to avoid that transient stutter when you go higher then the refresh rate max when having g-sync enabled.

I've always just left the option in NVCP to g-sync, and always turn v-sync totally off. As long as you're above 30 FPS and under the FPS of your monitor's refresh rate you're fine. If i'm playing a game where i'm hitting high FPS, i'll frame rate cap to a couple of frames below my max refresh rate to avoid that transient stutter when you go higher then the refresh rate max when having g-sync enabled.

There is actually a feature within gsync (frametime compensation) which will not activate while vsync is disabled. Having it enabled from NVCP is the best option.

No I follow the blur busters recommendation for gsync + vsync in nvidia cp and vsync off in games for best frame consistency. Typically use it with in-game fps limiter for best results. I know lots of people had problems with gsync after the 391.xx but it was mostly borderless window not working with W10 I think. Just not sure why none of the new drivers are working like they used to.

I do know that the latest driver branch disabled g-sync in games where they require their own v-sync for the game to run properly - Like Skyrim, etc.

I just wanted to update the thread; everything is now working like it used to. Might have taken a while but looks like nvidia has got things working well again. Nice to have my Apex fps increase by ~20 as well. Shows you what using one year old drivers vs. current can do!

Back