Who's staying with skt 775?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What games are these? You can still count the amount of games that rely heavily on CPU on a single hand.

Its been shown OVER and OVER that BC2 gets 0 benefit from anything more than 2 cores. Black ops can run at 100% max settings on a dual core, BF3 remains to be seen.

Games are just as GPU bound today as they where 5 years ago. There are a couple notable exceptions to the rule but for the most part nothing has really changed.

I don't know where you are seeing over and over but BC2 definitely scales extremely well with quad cores and beyond. Here is one thread with charts to show. http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/659536-contagion-review-dual-core-vs-quad.html

deadthread.jpg

Are you guys insane. 775 is Long Dead. Put those things to their graves before they loose their value for good.

DDR3 is cheaper
Chips are +/- the same
Mobos are a bit more but so what, I don't think I need to explain the benefits.

Last edited:
Are you guys insane. 775 is Long Dead. Put those things to their graves before they loose their value for good.

Yes!! Let's all throw our functional and still performing rigs in the trash because they're "outdated" :rolleyes:

Gotta love e-peen obsessed zombies.

i'm holding out to see what bulldozer has to offer. after that i'll see if it is intel or amd for my next system.

Its been shown OVER and OVER that BC2 gets 0 benefit from anything more than 2 cores. Black ops can run at 100% max settings on a dual core, BF3 remains to be seen.

Strongly disagree with both these, infact I know them to be false. I own both games and I won dual and quad core machines. I can't even stand to play them on the dual's, so please, enough with the BS. You're happy with your dual core thats fine, don't make the mistaking of thinking it will run BC2 as well as a quad. It won't. I don't know what info you're looking at, but i've followed both these games since release and what you say has been shown over and over again I've NEVER seen. I have however seen, the EXACT opposite.

Strongly disagree with both these, infact I know them to be false. I own both games and I won dual and quad core machines. I can't even stand to play them on the dual's, so please, enough with the BS. You're happy with your dual core thats fine, don't make the mistaking of thinking it will run BC2 as well as a quad. It won't. I don't know what info you're looking at, but i've followed both these games since release and what you say has been shown over and over again I've NEVER seen. I have however seen, the EXACT opposite.

Dont make baseless assumptions i have a 2500k.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/07/05/how-many-cpu-cores-do-games-need/5

http://translate.google.cz/translat...ompany-2-fyzika-predevsim?start=5&sl=cs&tl=en

BC2 scales like ASS across multiple cores.

still on two 775's and two AM2+'s here... But I am running quads in two of those systems and the one in the gaming rig is OC'd decently, so alls well.

Still on S775 here. Though its not because I want to, but because I can't really afford to upgrade right now (though, this has a kind of backhanded benefit in that when I DO upgrade I'll better appreciate the performance difference). Fortunately my system still handles new games well enough.

I'm still on 775, but would not want to take the 775 for an upgrade path. Better to get the latest and greatest which is SB or AM3.

I still think that the best thread of all time on this board is the thread about the 754 (and what you can still do with that AMD line-up!)

Doesn't scale like ass on ANY of my machines or countless others on this very forum. Seriously, I have to ask, have you even tried running it on both. I have to conclude you haven't, and this isn't baseless either, it's based on the difference being so staggering I can't fathom anyone who's actually tried it for themselves making the type of claims you are.

Here's one review:

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/659536-contagion-review-dual-core-vs-quad.html

A user experience post:
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battle...-core-versus-quad-core-bfbc2-abuses-cpus.html

Both of these mirror my own experiences

Last edited:
DDR3 is cheaper
Chips are +/- the same
Mobos are a bit more but so what, I don't think I need to explain the benefits.

I don't see anyone here trying to decide if they should build a new s775 system or not; people are generally discussing systems that they already have that are still in operation. I'm struggling to figure out what sort of relevant point you are trying to make based on comparing prices against hardware people already own. Last time I checked, not spending money is "cheaper" than spending money.

Still 775 here, I will be upgrading once octo or hexo core make a mainstream and affordable(!) appearance. Granted that will probably be about a year or so down the road, till then my q9550 oc'd to 3.8 is performing nicely.

Doesn't scale like ass on ANY of my machines or countless others on this very forum

Meaningless conjecture compared to professional benches. :rolleyes:

Of course people are going to think going from dual to quad core is making such a massive difference because most of the time they are not just going from dual to quad they are also moving to a superior architecture and higher clock speeds as well.

In BC2 with similar architecture there will be virtually NO difference between Dual and quad. Bench an e6600 vs a Q6600 at the same speed and there will be next to no difference. Bench an e6600 vs a 2600k and there will be a massive difference.

Its not because its dual vs quad.

Here's one review:

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/65...e-vs-quad.html

A user experience post:
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...uses-cpus.html

Both of these mirror my own experiences

Somethings definitely wrong with the setup in the first link. His FPS is VERY low in his dual core test. The second one is the point im trying to make, athlon to phenom II is a BIG jump.

I've left 775 in the dust. It was fun while it lasted... i7 is just too darn good, even clocked at default.

Meaningless conjecture compared to professional benches. :rolleyes:

Of course people are going to think going from dual to quad core is making such a massive difference because most of the time they are not just going from dual to quad they are also moving to a superior architecture and higher clock speeds as well.

In BC2 with similar architecture there will be virtually NO difference between Dual and quad. Bench an e6600 vs a Q6600 at the same speed and there will be next to no difference. Bench an e6600 vs a 2600k and there will be a massive difference.

Its not because its dual vs quad.

Somethings definitely wrong with the setup in the first link. His FPS is VERY low in his dual core test. The second one is the point im trying to make, athlon to phenom II is a BIG jump.

I have, my most of my dual cores are C2D based, my quad is C2Q. User experiences (especially since there are countless of them on this very topic) are far more meaningful. Why? Because most professional review test beds are conducted with the bare minimums on the machines to achieve the highest possible performance. OS, updates, drivers and the game. Your average user has several dozen more background processes when they're gaming.

Whatever the case may be, I've seen the difference first hand as have many others so you can't exactly tell me I'm wrong.

Here's some more user experiences that mimic my own

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/658466-bc2-dual-vs-quad-core-3.html#post9603031

So I guess, according to Disposed, all the people bitching on the EA BC2 forums about shitty performance on dual cores were all delusional, right? RIGHT?

Enough with the off-topic, just stop feeding the troll.

So I guess, according to Disposed, all the people bitching on the EA BC2 forums about shitty performance on dual cores were all delusional, right? RIGHT?

Enough with the off-topic, just stop feeding the troll.

You mean morons are complaining on forums? :rolleyes:

Oh and whos trolling here? This discussion is not even remotely off topic...

I have, my most of my dual cores are C2D based, my quad is C2Q. User experiences (especially since there are countless of them on this very topic) are far more meaningful. Why? Because most professional review test beds are conducted with the bare minimums on the machines to achieve the highest possible performance. OS, updates, drivers and the game. Your average user has several dozen more background processes when they're gaming.

Whatever the case may be, I've seen the difference first hand as have many others so you can't exactly tell me I'm wrong.

Here's some more user experiences that mimic my own

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/658466-bc2-dual-vs-quad-core-3.html#post9603031

Keep posting retarded conjecture. :rolleyes:

Keep making claims that are the complete opposite of what people have actually witnessed for themselves. In essence, telling them it's their imagination. Because clearly that isn't retarded.

I don't see anyone here trying to decide if they should build a new s775 system or not; people are generally discussing systems that they already have that are still in operation. I'm struggling to figure out what sort of relevant point you are trying to make based on comparing prices against hardware people already own. Last time I checked, not spending money is "cheaper" than spending money.

That is my point. Those parts can still be sold for a decent amount while making the switch the to newer tech for not much more. The longer the old stuff is held onto the more it loses it's value. In the long run it's actually costing money to hold onto the old hardware.

Keep making claims that are the complete opposite of what people have actually witnessed for themselves. In essence, telling them it's their imagination. Because clearly that isn't retarded.

Keep arguing professional benchmarks with he said she said bullshit...

That is my point. Those parts can still be sold for a decent amount while making the switch the to newer tech for not much more. The longer the old stuff is held onto the more it loses it's value. In the long run it's actually costing money to hold onto the old hardware.

Who wants to bother with trying to sell off their old stuff just to upgrade to something they really don't need? My Q9550 and 4850 is doing what I need it to do just fine, and will continue to do so for the near future. When I do upgrade, this one will most likely be given to a friend or family member. Computers are not investments. They should not be viewed as a item that loses it value, but rather an instrument that should be replaced when it loses it's usefulness. The longer you keep it, the more you will have gotten for you money.

Keep arguing professional benchmarks with he said she said bullshit...

Adding to the anecdotal, non-professional, and worthless evidence... one friend of mine has a Phenom II X2 555 and another has a Phenom II X4 945, both have 5770's. The X2 does not run BC2 as well as the X4.

Last edited:
No reason to necro this old thread.

Start a new one if you want to talk about something new :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back