Who's Ready for VR?

VR will always be a gimmick so long as it requires wearing a pathetically dumb helmet or obnoxious goggles, etc. They have been trying this shit ever since the Virtual Gameboy and it has been an embarrassing flop every single time. They need to either get it to where it doesn't need anything head-mounted at all, or maybe just the equivalent of reading glasses (aka not several inches thick...). You shouldn't even be able to know when someone is wearing them or not. Right now it's "I'm going to look like a retard wearing these goggles but at least i'll get to experience some gimmicky first-gen VR".

"VR will always be a gimmick so long as it requires wearing a pathetically dumb helmet or obnoxious goggles, etc."......hahaha

...forums will always be a gimmick as long as it requires using a pathetically dumb Compaq keyboard...you shouldn't even be able know when someone is using them or not...hahaha

VR will always be a gimmick so long as it requires wearing a pathetically dumb helmet or obnoxious goggles, etc. They have been trying this shit ever since the Virtual Gameboy and it has been an embarrassing flop every single time. They need to either get it to where it doesn't need anything head-mounted at all, or maybe just the equivalent of reading glasses (aka not several inches thick...). You shouldn't even be able to know when someone is wearing them or not. Right now it's "I'm going to look like a retard wearing these goggles but at least i'll get to experience some gimmicky first-gen VR".
The virtual boy is well documented as one of the most ill conceived gaming products in history and is a Terrible example of the technology, it had a very low refresh rate and red wireframe graphics that caused seizures and eye problems, not to mention one of the worst game controllers (it was literally painful to use on account of sharp edges and poor ergonomics.).

The point is you aren't going on dates wearing this shit and the technology has evolved.

Back