Whos ready for the Wii?

/337

Limp Gawd
I tried to get a ps3 to resell the whole day, and camp out for one. But was unsucessfull. I realised that the system isn't that much better than my pc I already have. Its just a system with media capabilities and improved graphics and a hefty price tag. If I did get one and wanted to resell it, it would be a while before I get one and once its on ebay the prices would have leveled off somewhat. Theres already 22,000 systems on ebay. Theres only so many idiots who are willing to pay 4x retail. I have always been excited about the "revolution" when it was annouced. I finally played one and am very impressed. I don't care so much about graphics but rather a new way to play games. I picked up the wii remote+nunchuck just now. The controller feels so nice, different from anything thats been out. I think this is going to be a sweet system. Even people who don't care for games like my parents are intrested in this system, for games like tennis and bowling. Plus there should be plenty to go around, without camping a week for one.

im ready but i wont camp... nintendo will ship enough for everyone ... and i want to see what problem will emerge before getting one

Heck yes, super ultra number 1 happy fun time ready :D

I am gonna go loiter around my local walmarts video game area around 10-11pm on the 18th ;)

Middle of Boston + Gamestop + Pre-Order + 12:03AM + Jello Shots = Wii + Good Time :D

I'll probably head to walmart a little before 12, I really don't think there will be a shortage.
Planning on getting Rayman and Zelda. :) Already have a remote.

yup bring it on! ill be at wal mart hours early just to make sure, I absolutely cant wait any longer than tomorrow night :p

I, But I'm not camping.

I'm guessing nintendo will have enough for me to walk in and buy one on sunday.

i am not overly excited about it, but i look forward to seeing my kids enjoy it, sometime next year

i think the massive pandemonia and shortages of the PS3 will drive up interest in the Wii, it will be the system that many bought "because they couldn't afford/get their hands on a PS3", sort of a system to "hold them over", at least for the gamers that wanted a 360 or PS3 and couldnt get one that is

of course, with the total pricetag by the time you get the accessories you need to make it a worthwhile investment, i could be wrong, and alot of people might see the Xbox 360 as a better deal since it does deliver much more value for the money

most likely though, the "newness" of the Wii will help it sell, that and the fact it will be cheaper and easier to get

apparently "Wiiheads" (not a derogatory word) around here get offended so very easily if you say anything about the Wii other than OMG it RAWKS, so i have made myself a promise, to say one nice thing about the Wii every time i make a post about the Wii whatsoever, even though the 360 and it's fans are allowed to be defamed on a regular basis without as much as a comment, so this is me being nice

one thing positive i can say about the Wii, i doubt it will have the massive hardware failures and headaches that the 360 had and likely the PS3 will have, it should be a very durable system if Nintendo does things like they always have, build durable products :D

Whoever is open at 12:01 Sunday morning, gets my monies.
(Target here has 24 units, but they close.)

Wal Mart it is. (I hate that place....)

Getting one Sunday, trying Circuit City 1st with that $40 off coupon.

LeviathanZERO said:
Whoever is open at 12:01 Sunday morning, gets my monies.
(Target here has 24 units, but they close.)

Wal Mart it is. (I hate that place....)

well im pretty sure its wal mart, gamestop/eb games and toys r us that going to open @ 12:01 but those last 2 are pointless to go to unless you already got a preorder with them

Narius said:
well im pretty sure its wal mart, gamestop/eb games and toys r us that going to open @ 12:01 but those last 2 are pointless to go to unless you already got a preorder with them

yeah, gonna try the wal mart. pretty sure there will be a line at Target in the morning, so screw that.

LeviathanZERO said:
yeah, gonna try the wal mart. pretty sure there will be a line at Target in the morning, so screw that.

yup wal mart for me 2! good thing i have like 3 in my city that way if there is 1 that ppl line up really early at i wont have to :p

Narius said:
yup wal mart for me 2! good thing i have like 3 in my city that way if there is 1 that ppl line up really early at i wont have to :p

Seriously, i just got a cold or something, so waiting in line for anything is stupid from my point of view. If somehow I cant get one, i'll just wait for the supply to be replenished.
Camping for a console is the most retarded idea, in my book.

The only time I ever "camped" was when Zelda 64 came out. And that wasn't camping. I just came to the store (Target) 30 minutes before they opened, and there was a line, so I waited. November 23,1998 I believe.

I'm not going to be camping either, i'll head over to WalTarBuy at 7 after i get off work that morning. The only console i've ever grabbed at launch was the 'cube and I didn't have to camp for that either, so i'm not too worried. My girl thinks i'm gonna flip out if I don't get one, and I am excited, but i think i'll live a few days till the next shipment comes if that's how it goes down.

I am! I'm buying TP, Trauma Center Second Opinion, and Madden 07. And maybe am extra controller. I don't know if I am going to camp.

the CC coupon is a scan from someone who's new to the area, dunno if its going to work but it's worth a shot honestly to save 40 bux. worst case scenario they say they won't take it.

Wii needs more games before I'll be ready for it.

Right now I'm more interested in the virtual console titles, but that's not a system seller for me. :(

th3 godfather said:
the CC coupon is a scan from someone who's new to the area, dunno if its going to work but it's worth a shot honestly to save 40 bux. worst case scenario they say they won't take it.

i have that scanned flyer with the coupon and it clearly states no dulplicates or fascimilies will be accepted

One thing that annoys me so much is that the Wii does NOT come with R/F adaptor cables. Pure baloney. They should include it. How else will I get my gaming experience.

/jk

Yes. I play on my 1970s Sony television. It has high tech features such as color and mono sound. The rabbit ears on top are a nice touch. You haven't seen true gaming until you've hooked up your next gen system to this baby.

I wonder if there would be any problems playing wii on it.

It's so tempting to get the Wii... If I walk into a local store tomorrow afternoon and see if they have em in stock, I might just get one (plus Zelda of course).

Back