Whos ready for the iPhone Video?

I just got the 3G, so probably not, unless it offers something I really need.

ive had the first iphone and the 3g so yes ill be getting this on launch day like the others.

I've owned every iPhone so far (with a ton of other phones in between) and I'm really not getting my hopes up for the new one.

But I'll probably buy one anyway. :rolleyes:

I'm not even close to an Apple fanboy, but they definitely design some of the coolest gadgets in the States(I can't speak for anywhere else). Hopefully the new iPhone has some great features unveiled.

eh, my 3g is fine.

I get pretty decent tether speeds on it (200kbps dl speeds), so not really interested in the "faster" network they're pushing and other than that, a compass is useless to me and don't have much need for more storage so unless this phone breaks, I'll be hanging onto it for a while. (video is already doable via cydia)

I am looking forward to the software update though

edit: and still no flash :(

If all it brings is video recording, I'm voting for the stupidest hardware refresh ever. Jailbroken apps have shown that the current iPhones are capable of recording video.

I have read OLED screens, cpu speed increases, up to 32GB of storage space, and tethering talk. Not to mention a drop in price for current 3g phones.

They need to fix the Bluetooth streaming performance as well as the AVRCP compatibility for OS3.0. Curious if they'll mention it here.

wwdc-2009-keynote-1185-rm-eng.jpg

We've tripled the amount of users since iPhone.

Dude, seriously? You can't include iPhone users on your OS X active users graph. That's just misleading. I'm pretty sure Microsoft doesn't include Windows Mobile phones, Windows CE embedded devices, Windows servers, and Windows desktops all in one graph. They are all in separate categories.

wwdc-2009-keynote-1194-rm-eng.jpg

A typical user will get about 5 years of life from this battery.

So I guess a power user can expect around 2-3 years of life from this "revolutionary" non-replaceable battery? Then what? You have to ship your laptop to Apple and pay them $150 to replace it?

OMFG an SD card slot!!! Apple rulez this world!!!

wwdc-2009-keynote-1252-rm-eng.jpg

Even more complexity is present in Windows 7. The same old tech as Vista.

wwdc-2009-keynote-1245-rm-eng.jpg

Even more complexity is present in OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard. OS X, the same old tech around since 2001. (People, I know v10.6 is a lot different than v10.0, I'm just pointing out the retardedness of their Windows 7 comment)

OMG the new iPhone!!!!
it can do MMS, and copy and paste, and take video, tethering......like every other phone i have had for at least the last 5 years
About damn time it took you idiots 3 years to develop copy and paste.....geez what will they come up with next will safari actually remember usernames and passwords now? 0o0o0o0o

Sd card slot?! OMG!!
I love how apple fans say that their tech is SO more advanced than pc yet it took how long to get an sd slot?

Im still waiting out for news on the new iphone.

"Next up is Airstrip Technologies. They allow doctors to monitor patient data on their devices. I'd like to invite up Dr. Cameron Powell."

Are you EFF'n kidding??? I dont want doctors to have my med info on their damn phones.
Next time I have to go to the doctor im gonna have to ask if they have an iphone. OMFG what have we come to?

Isnt that illegal in the first place tho?
HIPPA?

The new iPhone really isn't that impressive. I'll be sticking with my 3G for a while I think.

The new iPhone really isn't that impressive. I'll be sticking with my 3G for a while I think.

This. When its time to upgrade, its either go to sprint or go with the now cheaper 3g imo. I don't need a camcorder or care about opening sim city 10 seconds faster.

I'm urked for some reason. Not because the 3GS is flashier and newer, but because most of the stuff they show the 3GS doing can be done on the 3G. Voice control, video recording, yeah, has been shown that it can be done on the 3G.

"Next up is Airstrip Technologies. They allow doctors to monitor patient data on their devices. I'd like to invite up Dr. Cameron Powell."

Are you EFF'n kidding??? I dont want doctors to have my med info on their damn phones.
Next time I have to go to the doctor im gonna have to ask if they have an iphone. OMFG what have we come to?

Isnt that illegal in the first place tho?
HIPPA?

They didnt say anything about having patient records on Dr's iphones. what they did say is it allows them to stream patient data (like EKG's) to an Iphone

This. When its time to upgrade, its either go to sprint or go with the now cheaper 3g imo. I don't need a camcorder or care about opening sim city 10 seconds faster.

I doubt I'll be rushing out to get one either, maybe when its time to upgrade

I dono.... got my 3G about 2 months ago...so....

Occasionally I get a wild hair and do something stupid like upgrading my 3G to a 3GS for the hellofit.

No way. There would be a ridiculous uproar if they did, and it would be changed immediately anyways.

I agree. At this point, its purely speculating as AT&T has said nothing about MMS for the iPhone that I've heard or read.

Now the question for me is do I get the 3G or the 3GS? I'm still using my 3yr old Razr v3 :)eek:) so either one will be an upgrade! The speed boosts look promising, but the old one being $100 is also tempting. If they added more than speed increases I would have been sold in a second on the 3GS though.

you wont get the speed increases on ATT here in the US because ATT hasnt rolled out their network to support the higher speeds.

I don't know why people are completely furious at the 3GS. It adds a few new cool features, faster browsing when in larger cities, more storage capacity, and a faster processor + more memory. Most of the time when I'm using my Blackberry or any other smartphone, I just want it to load faster, transition faster, pan + zoom faster, which seems like something Apple is addressing even though the iPhone wasn't slow to begin with. Being a non-iPhone owner, the 3GS coupled with OS 3.0 definitely appeals to me while I'm deciding which phone to chose as my next upgrade.

BTW, I'm getting the "furious" statement from replies on Engadget.com.

I don't know why people are completely furious at the 3GS. It adds a few new cool features, faster browsing when in larger cities, more storage capacity, and a faster processor + more memory. Most of the time when I'm using my Blackberry or any other smartphone, I just want it to load faster, transition faster, pan + zoom faster, which seems like something Apple is addressing even though the iPhone wasn't slow to begin with. Being a non-iPhone owner, the 3GS coupled with OS 3.0 definitely appeals to me while I'm deciding which phone to chose as my next upgrade.

BTW, I'm getting the "furious" statement from replies on Engadget.com.

Furious is a pretty harsh word. Unimpressed would be more accurate.

What bugs me the most is just the demographic, and I am compelely underwhelmed.
I mean they apple is always like our stuff is better and we are on the bleeding edge of technology......but they didnt even have SD card slots on laptops until today.....Cmon

And when they announced it you would have thought they had just given everyone in the crowd a free car.
I just dont get it.

Maddox says
One guy was quoted saying " It feels awesome to be part of the Mac Community"
Mac community? Its a computer not a fucking social movement.
I feel that apple is selling more than just a computer, and I am not ready to be that heavily invested into a product.

Well, I'll be getting one, although sort of begrudgingly.

I have to get a phone by the end of the month, and it needs to be a smartphone on AT&T or Verizon. Had this occurred three months from now, I would have tons of other options, but as for now, the selection really stinks. I refuse to get on a contract for another phone (like the HTC or G1) when they will have new versions out in the next few months. Plus, the prices on these "old" models are still at the new price (Verizon wanted $300 for the touch pro still).

I've been using my ipod touch as a PDA for about 7 months, so the iPhone should be a nice, easy transition, although I would have preferred the Touch Pro 2.

The Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2 interface is so gimmicky. Why do I need to click through every single object in the entire OS? Its like their trying to make sure the consumer knows its a touch screen. WE KNOW.

The Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2 interface is so gimmicky. Why do I need to click through every single object in the entire OS? Its like their trying to make sure the consumer knows its a touch screen. WE KNOW.

wtf are you talking about :confused:

Well, I'll be getting one, although sort of begrudgingly.

I have to get a phone by the end of the month, and it needs to be a smartphone on AT&T or Verizon. Had this occurred three months from now, I would have tons of other options, but as for now, the selection really stinks. I refuse to get on a contract for another phone (like the HTC or G1) when they will have new versions out in the next few months. Plus, the prices on these "old" models are still at the new price (Verizon wanted $300 for the touch pro still).

I've been using my ipod touch as a PDA for about 7 months, so the iPhone should be a nice, easy transition, although I would have preferred the Touch Pro 2.

This?

The iPhone is much faster! Now users can go to the homescreen and switch/launch another application so fast that the users will be fooled into thinking they are multitasking

nice!

on a serious note, there were a lot of expectations and ppl eager (such as me) to see what Apple was going to bring to the table (except the apple fanboys) after the Palm Pre Launch. I have to say I am not impressed at all

The iPhone is much faster! Now users can go to the homescreen and switch/launch another application so fast that the users will be fooled into thinking they are multitasking

nice!

on a serious note, there were a lot of expectations and ppl eager (such as me) to see what Apple was going to bring to the table (except the apple fanboys) after the Palm Pre Launch. I have to say I am not impressed at all

What it means to me is that beefier specs = faster performance while multitasking on my soon to be jailbroken iPhone 3GS. I don't really care if it can't out of the box... as long as I have the option.

Back