Who's planning to buy 5700(?) GPU

Usually the anniversary CPUs are not binned.. GPUs who knows. Either way, sexy beast!!

Can you post a build log of that card when you upgrade the cooling preeeeeeetty please ???

Lol, yeah, will do...

But keep in mind, the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX mobo is one or two months out, so it will be awhile...

Usually the anniversary CPUs are not binned.. GPUs who knows. Either way, sexy beast!!

Yeah, I don't exactly know for certain that the 50AE is binned; but it is advertised at a higher clock than the 'stock' 5700 XT, so that is somewhat binned...?

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Yeah, I don't exactly know for certain that the 50AE is binned; but it is advertised at a higher clock than the 'stock' 5700 XT, so that is somewhat binned...?

Didn't notice that, great news if so. Always nice for collectors too ;)

50th AE has higher clocks than reference XT but same voltage and only 8w more added to the power limit. I would be surprised if they aren't at least somewhat binned. Because if they aren't... that means the reference XT should have gotten the same 50Mhz bump.

Anyone know where i can get one in LA. I'm on holiday with the family. We are staying near Santa Monica. I tried Fry's when we were in Anaheim, but they had nothing. We are only here till Thursday.

Anyone know where i can get one in LA. I'm on holiday with the family. We are staying near Santa Monica. I tried Fry's when we were in Anaheim, but they had nothing. We are only here till Thursday.
Microcenter?

My nearest micro center is 43 miles away. Anyone know of anything closer. As I'm ubering everywhere there isn't a train service.

My nearest micro center is 43 miles away. Anyone know of anything closer. As I'm ubering everywhere there isn't a train service.

Do you have to uber? Serious question but do you or your wife have a car because, I think it would be worth it even just once.

I'm from New Zealand. We are just visiting as my daughter was invited to perform at Disneyland.

I'd have to rent one unfortunately.

If you can get a cheapy rent for a day or two, it would be worth it. That is, unless you have a local family member that has a passion for computers as well. (Maybe your daughter is into a daddy - daughter day to computer version of Disneyland, Microcenter?) :)

BTW why not amazon? I assume they could deliver directly to your location and if you use prime you get next day delivery.

I am planning on, and should have waited to make my life easier in the long run
however
I found totalling $235.32 "used v.........
-------------------------
returned/refund already

-----------$ "tight" if wanted to get it settled on time sort of speak, and ~1/3-1/2 towards much higher performance (power as well) 5700s (maybe higher, depend on how long...depend on if my 7870 "plays nice" with the Win 10 "forced down my throat" (so far seems it work ok, though have to get rid of drivers I KNOW gonna cause issue with it (from my experience mining days)

.blekk, hate the UI overall feel of 10, is so "child trying to be ultra pro for nothing"
the eye sore of color pallet, the MASSIVE text wall that took me quite a chunk of time to sort out (so very not needed for them to have done so)

that being said, beyond some motherboard / Dragon "brain farts" the actual install of 10, and the activation of it went "smooth as butter"

... the little things matter however, so convoluted design...

eager waiting for something in price range for me...

also.

I only buy Asus or MSI "lately" so I only have to ship within Canada (knock on wood, everytime I dealt with RMA to them both, never personally had issues, was painless (followed directions and made sure take photos which I never needed)

ty for the suggestion via link though

Last edited:
I am planning on, and should have waited to make my life easier in the long run
however
I found totalling $235.32 "used very good quality cosmetic damage may be present on accessories"
MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor MK2 8G OC
sold via Amazon.ca direct ship (PRIME)

I was thinking this or a touch more could have MSI V56 air boost...so wanted to go R5700 even though would be even more oomph and line up with the 3600 I just bought...was like #$%#$%#

so now I wait and use that 570 which is by far more oomph than the 7870 it replaces, the 570 will be listed for sale once I see a better pricing on the 5700s (sub $400 CAD)

will be massive bottleneck on the 7870 (7870 will not let me run above 60hz for some reason or another, monitor allows it)
570 should be able to run all games I currrently have @ 144hz 1440p (I have not troubles turning things down and/or drop clocks to voltage tune and so forth)

I suppose in my mind and opinion, the 5700/xt have given AMD a very good spot to aim for performance wise (add another 10-15% in performance drop power by same amount should be able to be done via combo of die shrink-tuning and drivers over time .. not an impossible target really
I would get one of these brand new:

https://www.newegg.ca/xfx-radeon-rx...80&cm_re=radeon_rx_580-_-14-150-794-_-Product

$235 Canadian Rupies, brand new.

Newegg's main distribution center is actually right there in California, you should just order online and they should ship it to you the next day, I would imagine.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=radeon+rx+5700

5700 - $350 US
5700xt - $400 US

Well, I just bought a Sapphire 5700 open box for $306 with tax. Now, I am kind of wondering if I made a mistake or not, since it is not a huge boost above my Vega 56 Reference with a 64 bios flashed to it. Mind you, I placed the 56 in my machine that has a 43 inch 4k tv / monitor and am using the 5700 on my 27 inch 1440p 144hz MSI gaming monitor. I then moved my Power Color RX 580 Red Devil to my 27 inch 1080p 144hz MSI Gaming monitor and am selling my RX570 8GB XFX card. Did I make a mistake in buying this 5700 or is it worth it considering what I paid for it?

Basically, I paid $284 for the card before taxes.

Well, I just bought a Sapphire 5700 open box for $306 with tax. Now, I am kind of wondering if I made a mistake or not, since it is not a huge boost above my Vega 56 Reference with a 64 bios flashed to it. Mind you, I placed the 56 in my machine that has a 43 inch 4k tv / monitor and am using the 5700 on my 27 inch 1440p 144hz MSI gaming monitor. I then moved my Power Color RX 580 Red Devil to my 27 inch 1080p 144hz MSI Gaming monitor and am selling my RX570 8GB XFX card. Did I make a mistake in buying this 5700 or is it worth it considering what I paid for it?

Basically, I paid $284 for the card before taxes.

nope no mistake its a fine card and will perform in areas that the vega cards cant

I paid $350 for my Xt. Its a fine card. I have no complaints at all!

nope no mistake its a fine card and will perform in areas that the vega cards cant

I paid $350 for my Xt. Its a fine card. I have no complaints at all!

Thanks, it is just that from time to time, buyers remorse can sometimes pop up. :D Strange thing is, 3DMark 11 is not running correctly but, that might be the driver or the Future Mark detection software doing it.

Thanks, it is just that from time to time, buyers remorse can sometimes pop up. :D Strange thing is, 3DMark 11 is not running correctly but, that might be the driver or the Future Mark detection software doing it.

Were still in early adopters syndrome. The pains will pass and the bulging herniated disks of our lumbar regions will heal lol

I ordered the Powercolor 5700 XT because it's the only one I could find on Amazon that was $399 and offered one-day shipping as an option. Now I'm wondering if my impatience will come back to haunt me. I know I should have bought directly from AMD or the 3-year warranty MSI/ASRock on Newegg, but those wouldn't arrive for 5 days at least.

Powercolor can't be all that bad, right? It's a reference design afterall, should be fine. Right?

I ordered the Powercolor 5700 XT because it's the only one I could find on Amazon that was $399 and offered one-day shipping as an option. Now I'm wondering if my impatience will come back to haunt me. I know I should have bought directly from AMD or the 3-year warranty MSI/ASRock on Newegg, but those wouldn't arrive for 5 days at least.

Powercolor can't be all that bad, right? It's a reference design afterall, should be fine. Right?

You will be fine. I have a Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 and other than the fans being super noisy at load when using the OC Bios, the card itself is rock solid. (The Silent bios works well enough, however.)

Reactions: viivo
like this
It's a reference card, the only difference is the sticker on the fan and level of support/warranty. I've used Powercolor before and the hardware itself is just as good as anything else.

The one issue I did find is that the warranty is not transferable, so resell value is a bit less and/or harder to make a sale. Otherwise they are fine.

I hate to say it, but the experience so far has been disappointing. The game I play the most is FFXIV - not a very demanding game, yet I am getting an infuriating amount of massive frame drops while standing still with very little happening on screen. I sit and watch it stutter and go from 100FPS to 81 to to 94 and back to 100 for no reason. It's not throttling.

I think I'm getting too old to spend hours tweaking shit. I just want the fucking thing to work at least as well as the 3-generation-old GPU it's replacing.

I hate to say it, but the experience so far has been disappointing. The game I play the most is FFXIV - not a very demanding game, yet I am getting an infuriating amount of massive frame drops while standing still with very little happening on screen. I sit and watch it stutter and go from 100FPS to 81 to to 94 and back to 100 for no reason. It's not throttling.

I think I'm getting too old to spend hours tweaking shit. I just want the fucking thing to work at least as well as the 3-generation-old GPU it's replacing.

i'm sure given time AMD will sort it with a driver update. Navi is still pretty new

Turn off chill and/or enhanced v-sync or whatever its called, I know I get stuttering in some games with enhanced v-sync

Okay, so I was disappointed at the price point, and was going to hold off until a "polaris" price ranged card (5600?) came out. As they haven't even been announced yet, I pulled the trigger on a 5700 vanilla. I ended up getting a reference because it was cheap, and all the announced 3rd party ones have PCB/shrouds that extend over the back plate. Why is that? Really frustrating. Maybe I am just odd in the fact I don't particularly appreciate fat/thick tower cases.

Anyone else on 19.8.1? Seems to have fixed most of my issues with Apex legends with freezing and freezing/delayed/laggy alt tabbing, now I get random BSOD's though just farting around in firefox/chrome. No BSODs during gaming.

JESUS CHRIST AMD.

AMD_Mickey

https://community.amd.com/thread/242428

Honestly, I just wish they would fix the Wattman settings never being saved between reboots, on any of my computers. No, I do not want to disable fast startup, because it actually makes my computers startup faster.

That "USB device not recognized" error happens to me with my RX570 with every driver but only on one specific system; my old i7-870 on an EVGA motherboard. If I move the 570 to another PC it works fine and if I put an NV card in that PC it works fine so it's just that one hardware combination for whatever reason. The old i7 is my son's system so I picked up a 1050ti for him to use (this was during the mining boom when 570s were $300 and 1050tis were still $130) which has been perfect. I then moved the 570 to his old i5-3570 and it's been mostly fine although he's been saying that recently the AMD driver is starting to pop up with some kind of power errors now.

I'm on 19.7.4 and seems to be working alright.

Only issue I am having is the USB disconnect sound happens every hour and I think it might be related to the GPU since it didn't happen before I upgraded (though I got a new Ryzen CPU at the same time so it could be that too).

After two DDU 's as to make it display 800 x 600 and reboot .. 19 . 8 . 1 very smooth now and no more blue screens on desk top You Tubing .. and games well as 125fps in DX12 SB at 115% resolution for 1080p Ultra for my 3600/5700 set up .

I think it's more Express Install from (like me) 19 .7. 5 as DNA for Register Keys was different this go around .

Last edited:
upload_2019-8-18_12-9-2.png

Timespy on water seems pretty solid. This is with an undervolt and 920MHz memory. FS ultra came back at 6600 for graphics score. I know everyone says navi isn't returning good gains with an overclock but it seems like with even a modest memory overclock there are really good gains to be had.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-18_12-8-10.png
    upload_2019-8-18_12-8-10.png
    789.6 KB · Views: 0
Just built a new Amd 3600 with a 5700xt. Can't even run TimeSpy. Get a VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Wtf?

Back