Who's planning to buy 5700(?) GPU

That's one reason I'd like to see the rumored "Higher tier Navi" and one of them to have a 16GB option, making a cheaper equivalent or better than the Radeon VII at 1440P, 4K, and even things like crypto mining.
I'm all for this except for the mining part. I want these cards to excel at everything except mining. Here in Vegas mining farms are already coming back.

I'm all for this except for the mining part. I want these cards to excel at everything except mining. Here in Vegas mining farms are already coming back.

I can understand that, and I do not want to to see the kind of price gouging a mining boom can bring, but unless these GPU companies make heavily discounted "mining specific" cards without some assets for gaming and vice versa, it is a consideration. This goes double for interest in ASIC resistant, shifting-algo assets to be mined which benefit from things that gaming/rendering GPUs excel at, like the use of lots of RAM etc.

got one at microcenter. Pefectly happy with it. At stock I saw temps in the 80s but boosts to 1800+ all the time. Fan is not loud at all. Temps are what they are and perfectly fine for a GPU. I am not sure what some reviewers were doing, I know gamers nexus tortured it and then complained about the blower. I am not really sure what he was expecting. But temps are fine for me. Blower is nothing like the vega 64 blower that had annoying turbulence sign.

Reactions: rUmX
like this
got one at microcenter. Pefectly happy with it. At stock I saw temps in the 80s but boosts to 1800+ all the time. Fan is not loud at all. Temps are what they are and perfectly fine for a GPU. I am not sure what some reviewers were doing, I know gamers nexus tortured it and then complained about the blower. I am not really sure what he was expecting. But temps are fine for me. Blower is nothing like the vega 64 blower that had annoying turbulence sign.

The VII is loud. If this thing is anywhere close to that it qualifies in my book.

The VII is loud. If this thing is anywhere close to that it qualifies in my book.

its not loud. But i am sure if you run torture test on it. It will be loud blower style. But during gaming it barely gets audible for me. Heard it a little under firestrike ultra but it was inaudible during timespy stress run.

Did you get the XT then? Powercolor? I had a Vega blower and no amount of tuning made it OK for me noise wise. What is your setup? case and such? Also reports of this puppy hitting 2000 sustained under 70c beg for a better air cooler of water of course. Just curious as I also live close to a Microcenter.

its not loud.

I don't think AMD has ever made a 'quiet' blower cooler.

I know Nvidia has tried with some success, but in general, I don't get the point of modern blowers. They had their place when multi-GPU worked well for the majority of the market, but as nearly everyone is running single GPU these days, and nearly every motherboard puts a slot between GPUs, the use case is nearly moot.

AMD launching their new hotness with only blowers? Inexplicable.

I don't think AMD has ever made a 'quiet' blower cooler.

I know Nvidia has tried with some success, but in general, I don't get the point of modern blowers. They had their place when multi-GPU worked well for the majority of the market, but as nearly everyone is running single GPU these days, and nearly every motherboard puts a slot between GPUs, the use case is nearly moot.

AMD launching their new hotness with only blowers? Inexplicable.

I am not lying man. This thing is not loud like the vega cards. I am not sure how to explain it, yes my ambient is about 20c but still I think gamer nexus was just mad it about it. He is cool though but my experience has been like hot hardware and hardware unboxed. Stable in the 80s, attains boost clocks and not annoyingly loud. I heard it under firestrike ultras stress test, but wasn't like vega 64 but i didn't hear it under some gaming and timespy stress test.

I am not lying man. This thing is not loud like the vega cards. I am not sure how to explain it, yes my ambient is about 20c but still I think gamer nexus was just mad it about it. He is cool though but my experience has been like hot hardware and hardware unboxed. Stable in the 80s, attains boost clocks and not annoyingly loud. I heard it under firestrike ultras stress test, but wasn't like vega 64 but i didn't hear it under some gaming and timespy stress test.

You must have a different definition of loud than me.

That's one reason I'd like to see the rumored "Higher tier Navi" and one of them to have a 16GB option, making a cheaper equivalent or better than the Radeon VII at 1440P, 4K, and even things like crypto mining.
I'm not upgrading my GPU unless the upgrade has at least 12GB of VRAM (I'm already seeing titles that are bottlenecked at 8GB). So the 5700 series and most of the GTX 20XX Supers are out. I'm really hoping, but not expecting, the 2080 Super might have over 8GB of ram, and the potential AMD 5800 series might as well?

Gonna send my 5700 XT 50AE back & wait for the water-cooled Sapphire Toxic...

Anyone notice in reviews the 5700 competes much stronger at 1080p and becomes less competitive as resolution increases? Lack of bandwidth?

Some reviewers and users and putting 290 and 390 GPU coolers on the 5700's. and are able to maintain higher clocks. :D:D

Ek is about to release a block for it. I'm waiting on a hybrid cooler solution personally. I dont want to run a custom.loop in my son's PC.

I think my son is going to get this card as I have a 2080ti in my rig.

Gonna send my 5700 XT 50AE back & wait for the water-cooled Sapphire Toxic...

If you were to sell it how much$

Wow, they are already showing up on EBay for 550 bucks...? PM an offer...?

Some reviewers and users and putting 290 and 390 GPU coolers on the 5700's. and are able to maintain higher clocks. :D:D

A Raijintek Morpheus II heat sink is the way to go, if you want to keep it air-cooled & if you have the space...

Because it is a 4-slot BEAST...!!!

...waiting on a hybrid cooler solution...

That is what I am hoping the Sapphire Toxic will be...!

I was super tempted to buy a 5700 when I was at Microcenter on Monday. Resisted the temptation, however, since I already have a Vega 56 and do not need one. :D

Couldn't beat the price in microcenter. Saved 50 on mb, 50 on gpu, 12 on memory.

Attachments

• received_446495669519651.jpeg
    received_446495669519651.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ohya!
Looks good ^
Wonder how long the bundle deal will run? I’m looking to combo a 3600 or 3700x with an open box board. There’s already a Gigabyte X570 open box at the Microcenter here.

Couldn't beat the price in microcenter. Saved 50 on mb, 50 on gpu, 50 on memory.

Had to remember to close my mouth, it was hanging open. :D I do not need a new build, I already have 3 builds and no place to put a fourth one. I would be tempted to sell one just so I could build another but....... :)

I bought one. I've had bad luck with Nvidia on my Freesync monitor (even though it says it is officially supported), so I usually like to stay with AMD if I can. Probably just hand down my Vega 56 to my brother.

I preordered the EK block for my 5700xt 50th AV ED....I just got my shipping notification from AMD, and my card will not be here until freaking Monday. I need to decide if I am going to keep it or my VII, or both lol. Might game on one and mine on the other.

Have a hunch if its as loud as the reviews say it is (it probably is stupid blowers) it will be water cooled in short order...

Yeah, I have way too many computers.

This machine was the one I was using as an HTPC before, with a 1660 Ti and Ryzen 1600X.

I just got a 3600X and the 5700XT to upgrade. Going to keep the 2080 Ti rig and this machine and sell the others probably.

Anyone have stability issues?

Like it games fine and then it almost seems like the driver locks up during menu screens or even when exiting a game (apex legends)

You gotta give AMD's driver guy a week or two to catch up ;)

Seriously.

Vega 64 was the same story. Once mature I really prefer AMDs drivers to nvidias but with a new product launch they're so spotty.

Changing the memory clock from 915 to 930mhz causes a complete hardlock, I've never experienced this.

Back