Who's planning to buy 5700(?) GPU

No one is planning to upgrade to 5700XT after reviews came out? :ROFLMAO:

What an exciting time. Glad to see AMD put some dogs in the fight. Buy amd. NVIDIA been price hiking time to back RED!

I'm excited to see what the new rdna plus pcie 4 can deliver.

The bond between the two is that AMD specified that Navi RDNA has performance gains when paired with pcie4.0. It's not a guess as to whether or not it can saturate bandwidth or if it is needed. It was specifically mentioned that the architecture is vastly more powerful over pcie4.

I'm probably going to get one. I'm not comparing to rx cards pound for pound.

I might get one for my Ncase, post AIB release. GN didn't give me a warm fuzzy with their thermals/noise. However... Impressed with their performance vs. 2060/2070 Super.

I bought one of the XT cards this morning.

Looks like inventory is good (that or they're not selling well) because I see almost all the models in stock.

Looks like inventory is good (that or they're not selling well) because I see almost all the models in stock.

Oh thier selling. My MCenter had like 20 plus in stock. I bought the last one in the store.

Looking at an egpu solution for work and navi is in the running although I do miss out on rtx and gamestreaming to my Nvidia shield.

I'm curious to see how the partner cards perform, that blower cooler looks very inefficient.

Use the steam link app. Should run fine on AMD and thus far I've found it more reliable than Nvidia gamestream.
Oh you know after the steam link I was turned off to that idea but no one ever recommended it either. I'll give it a shot.

Oh you know after the steam link I was turned off to that idea but no one ever recommended it either. I'll give it a shot.
Using it I regularly stream 4k60 without noticeable lag on games my GTX 1070 FTW can usually hit 4k60 on. There seems to be very, very little overhead. It also recognizes controllers far, far, far better than the Nvidia streaming did.

Make sure you go into the settings and turn off the bandwidth limits if you're planning on anything over 1080p. there's some tutorials on how to get the steam link app streaming at higher bandwidths easily and efficiently.
(My home network is1Gb Ethernet, which does make a difference.)

I might grab one whilst I'm in the states. Hopefully Fry's have stock in the next couple of days when i make my way from San Francisco to LA.

Has anyone found a review that shows how they stack up against the RX480? You know...the last good midrange AMD card...

Review Benchmarks against just 6 month old cards are useless to a lot of us that don't have endless depth pockets or just live to run benchmarks all day.

You are some man to buy GPUs!! Will be interested to hear your views, you normally give very level headed opinions of the cards you purchase.

I am waiting to see the RTX2070s reviews against amd video card.

thinking of trading in my old GtX 970 to EVGA 75$.
then my GTX1070 will go to kids pc .

Using it I regularly stream 4k60 without noticeable lag on games my GTX 1070 FTW can usually hit 4k60 on. There seems to be very, very little overhead. It also recognizes controllers far, far, far better than the Nvidia streaming did.

Make sure you go into the settings and turn off the bandwidth limits if you're planning on anything over 1080p. there's some tutorials on how to get the steam link app streaming at higher bandwidths easily and efficiently.
(My home network is1Gb Ethernet, which does make a difference.)
what kind of device can you stream 4k60 to through steam link?

Also, anyone with a 5700/xt also have premiere pro and able to run some tests?

GN is saying to wait for the partner version with better cooling. thank goodness for the price drop they were asking way too much before, still a little high.

EDIT: still kind of wish i hadn't jumped on this in box RTX2060, ray tracing is cool and all but, i doubt this gpu will work in passthrough, AMD plays nice and works OSX if i so wished to run OSX guest vm.

These reviews are all over the place it seems.

Maybe worth remembering that many reviewers would benefit from a better GPU rivalry (not just us consumers).

I miss [H] reviews right now, a lot.

if you hit reply on both posts, you can reply to 2 posts with a single post, so you don't have to post two identical posts to two different posts.

Yep, I just didn't notice the second one until I hit post. Tunnel vision I guess.

Moving from my Nvidia 1070, I'm curious of either a 5700XT, or one of the possible upcoming "even higher end" offerings. It would be nice if they could create a 58XX or 59XX that offered both 8GB and 16GB RAM options in GDDR6, as a nice alternative to the Radeon VII; the other GPU I was thinking of buying. I am pleased however to see the 5700XT being such a good performer for the value, and want to support AMD for their openness (ie FreeSync 2, awesomely open source Linux drivers) and consumer friendly pricing as well as ethics.

I do wonder if AMD cards can come with Virtual Link connectors, and to see what the performance of the AIB kits (particularly the Asus ROG cards which have always served me well) will be.

I loved the Radeon VII, but I can't see anyone buying that any longer. The 5700 XT is neck and neck in performance for a much cheaper price.

Sure, at 4K the Radeon VII does pull ahead, but I'm not sure enough to justify the cost. Though I guess if you want AMD's best, Radeon VII is still an option for now.

I loved the Radeon VII, but I can't see anyone buying that any longer. The 5700 XT is neck and neck in performance for a much cheaper price.

Sure, at 4K the Radeon VII does pull ahead, but I'm not sure enough to justify the cost. Though I guess if you want AMD's best, Radeon VII is still an option for now.

That's one reason I'd like to see the rumored "Higher tier Navi" and one of them to have a 16GB option, making a cheaper equivalent or better than the Radeon VII at 1440P, 4K, and even things like crypto mining.

Back