Who's planning to buy 5700(?) GPU

Not sure it would give that error, but you should also install the AMD chipset drivers.

I would recommend doing a DDU safe mode GPU driver uninstall just to be safe.

You can also try one driver back if the newer ones don't seem to be working.

There's been a few people with driver errors and 5700 series cards who have fixed them by doing a couple of DDU runs until desktop is at 800x600 and then installing new drivers.

Super bummed. Brand new build. Updated the bios first. Installed Win10. Then the Amd chipset driver. Then the Amd gpu drivers from their site. Ryzen master. Ran Cinebench and waited for 3dMark to install. Right out of the gate when TimeSpy tries to load it crashes. I'll have to wait to download Destiny 2 and try that.

If anyone is having BSOD issue with the new drivers I have found that disabling hardware acceleration in discord and firefox has fixed the issue for me.

(HW acceleration in discord was also causing games to occasionally be choppy/stutter as well)

You need to updated Windows 1009 build to match those latest chipset drivers as my error BS was windows .. no more after that up date and Net Frame 4.8 update

Super bummed. Brand new build. Updated the bios first. Installed Win10. Then the Amd chipset driver. Then the Amd gpu drivers from their site. Ryzen master. Ran Cinebench and waited for 3dMark to install. Right out of the gate when TimeSpy tries to load it crashes. I'll have to wait to download Destiny 2 and try that.

After burner was making 3D Mark shut down for me .

19.8.2 is out, I havent noticed any changes.

I was running an internal build of this and just updated to the retail 19.8.2 so that I could get 3mark to accept my TS score as I attempt to move up the ladder...

I saw a nice boost, but that is just a Synthetic BM.

I was running an internal build of this and just updated to the retail 19.8.2 so that I could get 3mark to accept my TS score as I attempt to move up the ladder...

I saw a nice boost, but that is just a Synthetic BM.

What are you hitting in TS? I think I was in the 9300 range.

Was waiting for the red devil 5700XT, but the gigabyte gaming OC version came in stock, so ordered one up instead. Impatience is a bitch sometimes. But at least I got one coming.

I have a reference card. Never gets hotter than 75c because I actually use wattman.

Wow go figure.

MSI Mech OC and Evoke 5700XT's in stock at NewEgg at this moment if you want them, GO GO GO!

Update: Gigabyte Gaming OC in stock as well!

Last edited:
Back