Who's picking up Gears tomorrow?!

Maybe if it is on sale at frys for a good price. Is there coop for this game?

Skipping gears to get COD4 cant just buy every game coming out gotta be selective :(

Maybe later. I just picked up Hell Gate: London today and ordered The Witcher from newegg this evening. :D

I really really really want to buy it but I need to be selective as well. So many games I have to pass up right now! Damn it!

Is there a demo coming out for this ? I won't buy it, unless I can try it first...

I will definitely be picking it up in the near future. But like most others here, I'm currently under a tidal wave of games. That and the gf is making me remodel the bathroom... =(

Oh, and it's $40 at Circuit City.

Damn..its not 10 AM yet..Making a beeline to CC for the $39 GOW deal..My PC awaits..:D

Is there a demo coming out for this ? I won't buy it, unless I can try it first...

Epic said in an interview that there would be no pc demo if the game was to ship before 2008. I'm not sure if one will come out now that it's released though.

It comes out 11/7, according to Best Buy and Circuit City, for the guy who was going at 10 am to get it today.

I love Gears of War, so I will definitely snag it... I will just return the $40 Quake Wars I got from CC for a $40 Gears of War, since I know I will play GoW, and I never bothered to open Quake Wars after having it for almost a month.

I want Call of Duty 4 as well, but I will just wait until it's on sale.

No dedicated servers is just not acceptable for an online multiplayer game. You have to use a Games for Windows Live account to play online, and for what? They provide no servers. All they let you do is hook to someone else's machine. Host advantage for the win, or loss if you're not the one hosting.

No dedicated servers is just not acceptable for an online multiplayer game. You have to use a Games for Windows Live account to play online, and for what? They provide no servers. All they let you do is hook to someone else's machine. Host advantage for the win, or loss if you're not the one hosting

QFT

No dedicated servers is just not acceptable for an online multiplayer game. You have to use a Games for Windows Live account to play online, and for what? They provide no servers. All they let you do is hook to someone else's machine. Host advantage for the win, or loss if you're not the one hosting.

Though for Halo 2 and Shadowrun, the game owner is able to setup their own dedicated server[6], this may not be the same for every other game on Games for Windows – Live. It is down to developers to add this functionality into the service and it is not yet known whether third parties are required to add it to get the Live branding.

I'm pretty sure there is dedicated servers for Halo 2, wouldn't make sense for Epic to not put them in Gears of War. Unless you have some sort of stone cold proof that there is no dedicated servers in Gears of War?

I'm getting it!!! I wonder if performance will be as good as other UT3 based games like Bioshock and Ut3?

I'm pretty sure there is dedicated servers for Halo 2, wouldn't make sense for Epic to not put them in Gears of War. Unless you have some sort of stone cold proof that there is no dedicated servers in Gears of War?

Epic has said there are no dedicated servers. They said possibly later there could be dedicated servers. http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/210_1.php

You could also check the Epics forums. Everyone there will tell you no dedicated servers.

Epic has said there are no dedicated servers. They said possibly later there could be dedicated servers. http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/210_1.php

You could also check the Epics forums. Everyone there will tell you no dedicated servers.

Unfortunately, the only site I could rely on was the Wiki, since almost every other site other than that and here is blocked from work.

But thanks though, that is a huge disappointment, and it makes me reconsider getting this game - no dedicated servers means we get the mess that was Medal of Honor Airborne's multiplayer.

When Epic "possibly later" adds in dedicated servers, I will "possibly later" buy the game.

Very disappointed... they did everything else right with this too.

I have it preordered, now I'll be able to play GOW they way I want, without a damn control pad:D

Sooo...I should probably hold off until I get my new PC...lol Grrr..thats not gonna be till December...oh well i'll have time to game on christmas break! =)

I wonder what kind of a beast of a video card you would need to run this game in high quality..

I stood around in game stop for a long while, trying to decide if I should get his or CoD4.

I decided on CoD4 for the moment, only because I've already beaten GoW on the 360. Wanted to try something new. I'll definitely be grabbing it soon though.

I was looking forward to GoW until the past few weeks when it became apparent that they wouldn't add in dedicated servers. I might still pick it up eventually, but that is a major issue to go uncorrected. I've now even heard that the "list play" for MP is just a generic list of servers without any information... not even a ping column. I don't see how Epic can think that's acceptable for a PC game. All of the pre-release reviews are pretty worthless because they didn't actually have the opportunity to get into the details of online MP with no one on to play against.

The GoW for PC launch was kinda half assed IMO. The GoW website says November 6th (today), but that's when the retailers get their shipment, so it doesn't actually hit the shelf until tomorrow. I drove to Circuit City (their website says the 6th), then to Best Buy (it says the 7th, which is actually accurate), to Walmart, and then to Fry's. Called Gamestop. Nothing at anyone. They're all getting it in tomorrow.

The GoW for PC launch was kinda half assed IMO. The GoW website says November 6th (today), but that's when the retailers get their shipment, so it doesn't actually hit the shelf until tomorrow. I drove to Circuit City (their website says the 6th), then to Best Buy (it says the 7th, which is actually accurate), to Walmart, and then to Fry's. Called Gamestop. Nothing at anyone. They're all getting it in tomorrow.

I hear ya. I went EVERYWHERE. Bestbuy told me they had it in stock but they wouldn't sell it to me until tomorrow. And Walmart was playing stupid and said they knew they were getting the game and it would possibly be sold later tonight but I didn't feel like driving back later so ohhh well.

Just tried to price match it at best buy but they didnt have it. They said it would come in at 10am tomorrow.

Heh, my x1800xt is listed as minimum requirements. Even my wife felt sorry for me and approved an upgrade.

Heh, my x1800xt is listed as minimum requirements. Even my wife felt sorry for me and approved an upgrade.

Heh...well those minimum requirements are wrong. The real minimum is an X700 or 6600, but don't tell the wife, you should upgrade anyways :D

Looking forward to it. I started playing it on my 360 but decided to wait on a PC version as I was really enjoying it and didn't want to spoil it. The whole 'aiming with a gamepad' thing, as well as some grainy textures/effects conspired to put me off and I'm glad I waited now.

Back