Who's making moves to get ready for the new release of cards?

Sold my early 2080 card today. Got a reasonable amount for it. To be completely frank, I thought I would have been more screwed than I was.

Yar, I was really surprised too, especially with the official announcement of the 3000s right around the corner. And yeah, hopefully we won't get a $1000 USD shock price on the RTX 3080. If that's the case, I might hold off and just see where AMD's Big Navi falls performance-wise. If it lowers the price of the 3080s (or is the stronger performer) - great, if not, at least supply should be plentiful for 3080s by then.

I'm ready, but i'm going to wait on AMD to see what they have before making a decision. All I can say is, it better be good.

Yar, I was really surprised too, especially with the official announcement of the 3000s right around the corner. And yeah, hopefully we won't get a $1000 USD shock price on the RTX 3080. If that's the case, I might hold off and just see where AMD's Big Navi falls performance-wise. If it lowers the price of the 3080s (or is the stronger performer) - great, if not, at least supply should be plentiful for 3080s by then.

I think that's kind of where I'm at too. Nvidia has me for a preorder on the 3080 as long as the price is $800 or less for a basic non-founders like it was last time. If it is ANY more than that... I may have to just run an old card for a month, see what the Navi cards look like, and hunt for better deals when all the options are available.

These cards are reaching prices where they become investments. After the space invaders failures from last time I'll be checking the warranty coverage and length carefully this time around. Maybe even spring for a 3rd party warranty extension if it's not long enough.

I may buy 3090 day 1 at Microcenter and keep it new in box and Profit.. get a BigNavi and be happy!

I may buy 3090 day 1 at Microcenter and keep it new in box and Profit.. get a BigNavi and be happy!

Maybe don’t tell everyone your hopes and dreams are to be a scumbag scalper? ;)

IIRC the used market stays pretty well off up until a week or two before launch. I personally usually sell my stuff to friends for 30-40% off just for no nonsense transactions.

Last edited:
Lol at the FS people trying to get $900+ for their 2080Ti's. The time for that was two months ago. Still predicting a $600-700 bottom on used 2080Ti's with regular availability of 3XXX cards.

Or burned as the price don't bugde...anyways I will not care, as EU seems better supplied than the US...US is like 3rd behind EU and Asia for supply.

judging by the leaked specs we are expecting the 3090 to be roughly 35 to 45 percent faster than the 2080ti

I'm itching for a new gpu I'm on a 970 gtx. I realy don't want to upgrade my mobo cpu ram etc which is older. I'm hoping I can get by with jus upgrading the gpu, what you guys think?

i would wait and updated to either a 3600 or 4600 when it releases. Then buy whatever gpu is in your pricerange. Newer GPUs really need that extra horsepower to give high fps that you see in all the reviews.

i would wait and updated to either a 3600 or 4600 when it releases. Then buy whatever gpu is in your pricerange. Newer GPUs really need that extra horsepower to give high fps that you see in all the reviews.
Well I don't need insane amounts of fps. I just want to be able to run 1440p in 1st person games at good fps. I can actually do that now with my 970 gtx so I'm thinking with a newer card I should be good. Everything other than 1st person games I run everything else at 1080p on my 55 inch tv for couch gaming. Id rather upgrade gpu first and if it's good enough hold off on having to do the rest...having to change ram, cpu, mobo, cpu cooler and even psu plus having to get a new windows key and fresh install is to much bs for an extra 20 to 30 fps if just upgrading my gpu is good enough...

Maybe don’t tell everyone your hopes and dreams are to be a scumbag scalper? ;)

IIRC the used market stays pretty well off up until a week or two before launch. I personally usually sell my stuff to friends for 30-40% off just for no nonsense transactions.

Scalper? Ok yes I see your wink so I get that you might be sarcastic, serious, or seriously joking, not really sure. However, you should ask anyone whos anyone here on this site and read my heatware and you will see all the scalping I did.

I have access to a Microcenter where most of you dont. I am able to go into said microcenter and grab any Halo product that comes out on launch day that many here can't get.

I offered a service to our community in which I purchase the product and ship it to you, since you can't get it. For example, Threadripper 3960x and 3990x were UNOBTAINABLE, yes in caps, upon launch. However, I purchased like 7 or 8 of them for members here. You want to know what my method of scalping? I charged them for my gas and a little bit for time and they got a brand new untouched shrink wrapped CPU at the exact price the store charges for it.

Last edited:
Scalper? Ok whatever. You were never going to buy one anyways. You should ask anyone whos anyone here on this site and read my heatware and you will see all the scalping I did.

Since you have a loud mouth that speaks before it obtains proper knowledge my method on HardForum is simple. I have access to a Microcenter where most of you dont. I am able to go into said microcenter and grab any Halo product that comes out on launch day that many here can't get.

I offered a service to our community in which I purchase the product and ship it to you, since you can't get it. For example, Threadripper 3960x and 3990x were UNOBTAINABLE, yes in caps, upon launch. However, I purchased like 7 or 8 of them for members here. You want to know what my method of scalping was since im such a scumbag??? I charged them for my gas and a little bit for time and they got a brand new untouched shrinkwrapped CPU as the exact price the store charges for it.

That is my scalping, my scumbag scalping, that I did and still do as a service for the members of [H].

Sorry to make you so sad with my scummybagness.

Dude, look at what you wrote. It did not imply good intentions. Sorry if I mistook it.

Also I had 3x 2080tis and a Radeon VII. What are you going on about I'd never buy one?

Dude, look at what you wrote. It did not imply good intentions. Sorry if I mistook it.

Also I had 3x 2080tis and a Radeon VII. What are you going on about I'd never buy one?

Read my edit that I made before you replied or while you was replying. I deleted all the stupid assumptions on my part and made it more friendly because I re-read your reply and misunderstood it. Go read it again.

On a "keep it on topic note" what did you use 3 2080tis for? Curious. Also the VII is still a nice card. And my comment concerning you were never going to buy one tends to be accurate. Most people that bitch about a cards price or power usage typcally are just complaining about something they were never going to buy to begin with. Your apparently different so I stand corrected. I just wished there was a 5 minute post timer before stuff is visible. We have an edit function for a reason but if you post it then edit it people can read what you didn't want to see the way it was written while your correcting it.

Probably the most polite and gentlemanly argument I've read on the forum.

To get back on topic, my ncase m1 and sf750 sold, so now I'm really ready for the rtx 3080. Might need to replace my 750w for something larger, but will know for sure in a couple of days.

I’m thinking about selling my 5700XT and waiting for Big Navi. As the rumors get more concrete it’s looking like we could end up with AMD being extremely competitive and Nvidia being forced to make their prices a lot more reasonable.

I’m thinking about selling my 5700XT and waiting for Big Navi. As the rumors get more concrete it’s looking like we could end up with AMD being extremely competitive and Nvidia being forced to make their prices a lot more reasonable.
I realy hope so bc this pricing is insane. I remember being able to get mid range card for 350...

I’m curious what you guys do to play games once you’ve sold your current card and are waiting for the new ones.

Do you have a cheap spare card, or use integrated graphics until the new ones are out? Switch to consoles for an unknown amount of time? Or do you just stop playing for a couple months?

I’m curious what you guys do to play games once you’ve sold your current card and are waiting for the new ones.

Do you have a cheap spare card, or use integrated graphics until the new ones are out? Switch to consoles for an unknown amount of time? Or do you just stop playing for a couple months?

I kept my old 4gb GTX 670 to do backup duty. I just play older titles or low spec games for a month or two.

Some of us have many toys and selling or giving away a few not used is non consequental. Everyone situation is different in other words.

Lol at the FS people trying to get $900+ for their 2080Ti's. The time for that was two months ago. Still predicting a $600-700 bottom on used 2080Ti's with regular availability of 3XXX cards.
I sold mine 2 days ago for $1000 cash.

Some of us have many toys and selling or giving away a few not used is non consequental. Everyone situation is different in other words.

Yep. I switch to my laptop or my workstation for a bit if needed; that's why they're there. They aren't as fast, but they'll still keep me entertained.

Reactions: noko
like this
Good for you. I personally wouldn't pay more than $550 if the 3070 performs on par with it at $599.
I don't care what you will or will not pay for. I was addressing your comment of "The time for that was two months ago" which is not true. I agree with you btw, I wouldn't pay that much either.

I don't care what you will or will not pay for. I was addressing your comment of "The time for that was two months ago" which is not true. I agree with you btw, I wouldn't pay that much either.

That wasn't a personal attack on you (e.g. I wouldn't buy YOUR card for $1000). I'm saying that no 2080Ti is worth that money now. And good for you that you got someone to buy it this late in the game. However, the average person trying to get $1000 for their cards is likely to be stuck with them short of finding that proverbial "sucker born every minute."

sure, I get that.

that’s why I asked. Curious what people’s “fallback” options are when you sell your gaming gpu. If you’ve got a bunch of spare 2080tis laying around and just sell a couple of them, that’s great.

we don’t actually know anything about the new cards, to include release dates, so you could be selling it now only to find out that nothing new is launching until December or so. Just seems like that’s time that could be spent gaming on a high end card instead of not.

I've been using IGU on a 10600k this past week on all of the indie games I've accumulated in my backlog and it's been fine. While I wait on a 3080 and started to realize I have enough to play without even getting a card. I've got the store webpages ready but I don't know where I'll find one in stock. Yes I'd prefer a partner better cooled card but I don't have any card so I'll have to settle.

I'd prefer maybe a 3070 so I'd have more to upgrade options but they won't be released first so since I'm waiting I'll just spring for a 3080. I will have a need to upgrade a kids 1060/6gb at some point but I'm hoping it will last until next year. If big navi is better than the 3080 then that gives me the option to take big navi and give the kid the 3080 next year. The other two kids have a rx 5700 and a 1080.

I've been using IGU on a 10600k this past week on all of the indie games I've accumulated in my backlog and it's been fine. While I wait on a 3080 and started to realize I have enough to play without even getting a card. I've got the store webpages ready but I don't know where I'll find one in stock. Yes I'd prefer a partner better cooled card but I don't have any card so I'll have to settle.

I'd prefer maybe a 3070 so I'd have more to upgrade options but they won't be released first so since I'm waiting I'll just spring for a 3080. I will have a need to upgrade a kids 1060/6gb at some point but I'm hoping it will last until next year. If big navi is better than the 3080 then that gives me the option to take big navi and give the kid the 3080 next year. The other two kids have a rx 5700 and a 1080.

I realized thinking about upgrading that I have a pile of games to play as well that will run on a toaster. If I wasn’t playing Hunt: Showdown occasionally I’d be all set with my iGPU.

I have my eyes on the 3080, but will see what gets said tomorrow about performance and pricing.
i currently have an Asus 2080ti Advanced OC, and paid a hefty penny for it so I’m on the fence about upgrading, and or even selling this card. I’m not going to drop over $2k Cnd on the 3090 which is what I suspect the 3090 will cost up here, and if the 3080 does indeed land with only 15-25% performance increase, I don’t know if that justifies the upgrade.
I wish we had some tidbits of info regarding BigNavi. If I do get the 3080 I definitely want an FE this time around.

I have my eyes on the 3080, but will see what gets said tomorrow about performance and pricing.
i currently have an Asus 2080ti Advanced OC, and paid a hefty penny for it so I’m on the fence about upgrading, and or even selling this card. I’m not going to drop over $2k Cnd on the 3090 which is what I suspect the 3090 will cost up here, and if the 3080 does indeed land with only 15-25% performance increase, I don’t know if that justifies the upgrade.
I wish we had some tidbits of info regarding BigNavi. If I do get the 3080 I definitely want an FE this time around.

Moore’s Law is Dead on YouTube has a really interesting video about big Navi speculating with some good insider evidence it could be 195-225% the performance of a RX5700XT. He lays out a good argument for why AMD might come roaring back into being very competitive in the high end segment.

Moore’s Law is Dead on YouTube has a really interesting video about big Navi speculating with some good insider evidence it could be 195-225% the performance of a RX5700XT. He lays out a good argument for why AMD might come roaring back into being very competitive in the high end segment.
That youtuber flip flops and doesn't really have much on the inside besides a few college buddies on the quadro side of things at university that kind of talk to friends of friends that occasionally hear an off handed speculation...so yeah it's a rumor. I've been following him when he had no audience and his info isn't special. But it's all we have other than wccftech articles that have such poor sentence structure I lose a few IQ points with each new read. Anyway, doubling the 5700xt in perf per watt is the key, not doubling total performance. So I'd be willing to bet it falls equal with a 3070 for $100 cheaper, that would be good value. Or 3080 power for $150 cheaper. Then in Jan the 3070 Ti/Super could soundly beat the value of big Navi. I just remembered my tv only does gsync so I won't be in the market for big Navi. But I could get navi lower tier for a gtx 1060 that may need to be replaced next year for the kid.

That youtuber flip flops and doesn't really have much on the inside besides a few college buddies on the quadro side of things at university that kind of talk to friends of friends that occasionally hear an off handed speculation...so yeah it's a rumor. I've been following him when he had no audience and his info isn't special. But it's all we have other than wccftech articles that have such poor sentence structure I lose a few IQ points with each new read. Anyway, doubling the 5700xt in perf per watt is the key, not doubling total performance. So I'd be willing to bet it falls equal with a 3070 for $100 cheaper, that would be good value. Or 3080 power for $150 cheaper. Then in Jan the 3070 Ti/Super could soundly beat the value of big Navi. I just remembered my tv only does gsync so I won't be in the market for big Navi. But I could get navi lower tier for a gtx 1060 that may need to be replaced next year for the kid.

I’ll admit I haven’t been following him for a long time. He claims he has a source inside AMD these days and had supposed emails from them. Though he could be lying and faking them easily enough. His conclusions didn’t seem far fetched though as with any rumor take it with a heavy dose of salt.

I just cashed out my entire retirement fund (early distribution) to buy nothing but RTX 3090 cards. I’m going to buy as many as I can and sell all of them on eBay. I’m going to make so much money and I’ll be laughing at all of you from the comfort of my throne made entirely out of RTX 3090 cards. If you can’t find one for MSRP you’ll know who to thank :D

I'm all in for 3090!... As usual, when I do upgrades, I'll pass my EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid FTW3 to my son.

I just cashed out my entire retirement fund (early distribution) to buy nothing but RTX 3090 cards. I’m going to buy as many as I can and sell all of them on eBay. I’m going to make so much money and I’ll be laughing at all of you from the comfort of my throne made entirely out of RTX 3090 cards. If you can’t find one for MSRP you’ll know who to thank :D

I meant doubt you can buy so many
As to fashion a throne but good luck on your reselling!

Last edited:

Then you see, "Limit 1 quantity per customer".

Back