Who's going to QuakeCon 2008?

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
It would be great to put some faces to names :)

Oompa is only going becuase someone promised him bacon.

Unfortunately I can't make it this year.

Did someone say Bacon?

Bacon is the offical Quakecon 2008 meme.

ive got my room there in the tower with it this year.. Ive got about 10 friends goin with me.. This year is going to be a blast.. As always

I'll be there.
I want to win the Corvette they are giving away....ummmmm Corvette.

I just graduated highschool and me + two of my friends have been planning this trip for about a year and a half. This is my first time going to quakecon so i hope its worth the cost!

Not going to 2008... BUT 2009! HELL YA!!! I still may try to make 1 day out there to Quakecon but next year I am diff getting some friends together buying some booze and having some fun ^^

I'll be there again this year. Booked a room ages ago and ~10 people are going with me.

I'll be there again this year. Booked a room ages ago and ~10 people are going with me.

Be sure to say hi! I'll be sportin a Silverstone SFF there and whatever monitor the local frys sells, lol

Be sure to say hi! I'll be sportin a Silverstone SFF there and whatever monitor the local frys sells, lol
I'm taking the Lian-Li V2100B and my 24" CRT again this year, so I'll be hard to miss. I'm actually dragging all of my storage with me. :eek:

Hell yes I'll be going! Made this computer pretty much just for this event. I cant wait to pillage the dc++ servers!

I will probably be there for Saturday unsure how long that day. Friday is questionable and Sunday is probably out.

I'm psyched. I can't wait to visit frys also when I'm there.

I'm psyched. I can't wait to visit frys also when I'm there.
The Dallas one isn't as nice as the Plano or Irving one in my opinion (screwy layout). They do carry Supermicro stuff now though. 2 cases and 3 motherboards. If you plan on spending a ton of money, visit me on Tuesday (hooray for commission! :p).

Every year I end up saying "next year!", but never actually end up going out. It would cost me roughly $321,483.76 in gasoline to make the trip anyway.

So, this year I'll say "next year!" with the full intention of actually going next year. It's a pretty big step for me, I'll admit.

The Dallas one isn't as nice as the Plano or Irving one in my opinion (screwy layout). They do carry Supermicro stuff now though. 2 cases and 3 motherboards. If you plan on spending a ton of money, visit me on Tuesday (hooray for commission! :p).

Just go to Newegg.com, better service and products :p The Dallas one was converted to Fry's from an old Incredible Universe store if I remember correctly.

I am dying to get my TF2 map ready for alpha testing while there but at this point I dont think it will be quite there yet O_O. Oh well, late night slow down should be good to get work done.

Just go to Newegg.com, better service and products :p The Dallas one was converted to Fry's from an old Incredible Universe store if I remember correctly.
I get stuff with my employee discount cheaper than newegg. :D

I'm ready and getting twitchy. I've managed to drag a coupla friends into all this. I'm hoping I'll be off the pain killers from wisdom tooth removal by then...

Anyone else sad to see Hardocp, intel, newegg, etc move to ROGcon? Thats a huge hit to the sponsor list

I get stuff with my employee discount cheaper than newegg. :D

You do but not him, immidiate family only apply to your discount correct?

Anyone else sad to see Hardocp, intel, newegg, etc move to ROGcon? Thats a huge hit to the sponsor list

I am, I enjoy Qcon a lot. I would like to go to ROGcon but its just to close in timeframe to Quakecon. They should switch it to another part of the year so more people would be willing to seperate from their free / longer lived / larger to go. Not everyone has enough free time for two events about a month apart.

Although Intel is still listed as a sponser.

Beats the microcenter we have in Detroit... lol

I wont be there on tuesday, but I will be there on Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. I plan on making a frys run on Thurs morning. I plan on buying quite a lot of junk including monitors (didn't want to pack mine, so I'll just buy one there and mail it back home)

Every year I end up saying "next year!", but never actually end up going out. It would cost me roughly $321,483.76 in gasoline to make the trip anyway.

So, this year I'll say "next year!" with the full intention of actually going next year. It's a pretty big step for me, I'll admit.

Try getting a plane ticket next time, if you go in advance, you get tickets for about $200-225. I got a really nice flight for $200 from Detroit. Sure beats the cost of gas.

I can give it to anyone but other employees (we have a limit as to how much we can use per annum).

Seriously, you would be my hero.

Find me on Thursday. :)
No discount on Supermicro stuff though (we sell them at cost).

I'm on B29. Look for a tower with a tower with a Koolance unit on top if you want to say hi. Bring an external drive with you too. :D

im on first row, alienware lappy next to my biohazard shuttle..

This QC is GHEY.. you actually have put quite a bit of effort in to the little free stuff they have.. every booth wants you to buy shit.. A friend of mine came up and she won a raffle but let me take the case cause she knows nothing about PCs so that was cool.. but most everything here annoys me..
At least bawls is here.. they almost got booted yesterday due to issues with the hotel like in 2006

Not terrible, but FAR from their best.. was EXTREMELY unorganized from the start like usual.. things smoothed out.. but still annoying..

im on first row, alienware lappy next to my biohazard shuttle..

This QC is GHEY.. you actually have put quite a bit of effort in to the little free stuff they have.. every booth wants you to buy shit.. A friend of mine came up and she won a raffle but let me take the case cause she knows nothing about PCs so that was cool.. but most everything here annoys me..
At least bawls is here.. they almost got booted yesterday due to issues with the hotel like in 2006

Not terrible, but FAR from their best.. was EXTREMELY unorganized from the start like usual.. things smoothed out.. but still annoying..

I was a little dissapointed in that the hotel and venue milked you for all you are worth. The prizes I didn't even bother with, it was like pulling teeth to get any, you litterally had to go to the booths and put a ton of effort in for a few items that they may throw out after they have you jump through many hoops.

The BAWLS was CHEAP. 20 bucks for a 24 case, not bad! However, someone stole my case of bawls...lame. At least I hope the thief liked it.

Security IMO was a joke, the sheriffs where basically the whole security with intimidation.

Overall, I had a great time and the experience made it even better. I managed to visit the local FRY's and the surrounding ones and got myself some cool toys :D Oh and I got a new case there (dropped my case when coming to quakecon, oops!)

Even with all the problems, I still had a ton of fun in the end. I just finished recovering from it...just woke up after going without sleep for a couple days (passed out yesterday around noon). Next year I'll probably bring a secondary system and drop my server off in the NOC. Only really disappointed by the swag. Last year I went home with half a dozen t-shirts and all kinds of other small things. Ah well, someone bought me a couple drinks at the gossip bar, so that makes up for it I guess (the bloody things cost more than the mini-bar in the room).

Even with all the problems, I still had a ton of fun in the end. I just finished recovering from it...just woke up after going without sleep for a couple days (passed out yesterday around noon). Next year I'll probably bring a secondary system and drop my server off in the NOC. Only really disappointed by the swag. Last year I went home with half a dozen t-shirts and all kinds of other small things. Ah well, someone bought me a couple drinks at the gossip bar, so that makes up for it I guess (the bloody things cost more than the mini-bar in the room).

They allowed servers at the NOC?!?!!?!

DAMNIT!

Anyways, I agree, I had a blast... I'll be there next year for sure. If they could post the date early, I'd already have my tickets booked...lol

They allowed servers at the NOC?!?!!?!

DAMNIT!

Anyways, I agree, I had a blast... I'll be there next year for sure. If they could post the date early, I'd already have my tickets booked...lol
There was only one that I knew of. Of course I only found this out when it was too late. Since I know a bunch of the staff/press, they're fine with me bringing one next year. If you plan on doing the same, I would talk to them about it.

They posted the date for this event during last years event :p

I dont mind the date not being a year in advance, as long as its about 6 months, its the fact that they hold registration off for so freaking long that makes me more worried about getting time off lol.

I've been to many CPL events and QuakeCONs as far back as 1997.. I have to say QuakeCON is the most fun of any LAN event in the world, ever.. ever..

FREE BEER
nuf said.

Back