Votes: 22 3.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 412 62.1%
  • I dont like FPS games

Votes: 3 0.5%

• Total voters

Brak710

[H]ard|Gawd
Pretty interesting poll there...I think its clear theres more people not buying the game, than buying it.......

On another note. Theres really 18 people here who will buy it for BOTH pc and console? Seriously? lol.

My friends play on Xbox, but I play competitively on PC. So I buy both of most games like Call of Duty on both.

WhiteZero

2[H]4U
Did anyone else preorder on Amazon with Release-Date delivery?
Mine doesn't show as shipped yet. =/

ghostee

Limp Gawd
Yup, getting it for the 360.

Did anyone else preorder on Amazon with Release-Date delivery?
Mine doesn't show as shipped yet. =/

Same here. It says it's preparing for shipping. Not worried as Amazon has had things delivered here less than 24 hours after shipping plenty of times.

S

SpeedRunner

I am a loyal COD and IW fan for the past 6 years.

I will not buy the game.

nguyen704

[H]ard|Gawd
Very disappointed in the PC version of MW2. I always get the PC version of multi-platform games. I'm gonna have to make an exception and buy it for my PS3 so I can play it with my brother.

Ron FTL

[H]ard|Gawd
For some reason I want to go to best buy and watch all the people buying the game for their systems tonight for the midnight release.
idk why. I have a strange satisfaction of not purchasing it, though it has been an ongoing battle inside my head.

I really really really want to play singleplayer but MP sounds sooo Nuked (not to mention the $60). Ill wait for some more opinions from the owners before I end this war inside my head.

RamonGTP

Supreme [H]ardness
I really really really want to play singleplayer but MP sounds sooo Nuked (not to mention the $60). Ill wait for some more opinions from the owners before I end this war inside my head.

I feel the same way, I'm torn. I really want to play the SP and atleast give the MP a chance, but at the same time I don't want to support a dev that clearly gimped the PC version down to console standards, and have an arrogent 'tude about it in addition to bumping the price. I really dont mind the price increase, and I don't even mind paying for DLC, but I do mind the fact that the changes made in the MP will give a significanly worse MP experience.

I may end up buying it, but I'l wait until I hear more about the MP before doing so.

RamonGTP

Supreme [H]ardness
I just browsed the IW forums. I wouldn't say they're getting hammered (not yet anyway) but there are some interesting posts, like "the game is not balanced to kick players" lol... classic.

Conker

2[H]4U
This is what your going to be dealing with. Massive p2p lag.
dayone.png

Last edited:

freakycody

Gawd
bought it and played for about 2 hours. Pretty fun, I am happy with my purchase. Got it for 360 and there were about a quarter of a million people total as of about 30 minutes haha.

Also playing on Live, did not notice any lag what so ever.

Violator

Gawd
Well despite the constant bitching on here and thinking it would make a difference it seems the general populace are foaming at the mouth for it

Check it out

spawn447

Gawd
well against my better judgement i bought this for pc,,,,,:(
compaired to the last 2 cod games it looks cartoonish .

oh and something everyone forgot to mention , you cant lean , as in peek , not very tactical ....

Kenworth

2[H]4U
well against my better judgement i bought this for pc,,,,,:(
compaired to the last 2 cod games it looks cartoonish .

oh and something everyone forgot to mention , you cant lean , as in peek , not very tactical ....

No, you just didn't read anything for the last week apparently

Draax

Supreme [H]ardness
yea maybe for the lame ass console owners

Curse those handsome devils who don't foolishly confine themselves to one platform. How dare they get enjoyment from games on gaming devices other than the PC.

Markdek

[H]ard|Gawd
Installing now.....I've heard it all, the good and bad, the whining (even participated in some of it) but I just love the COD series and online fps in general. One must learn to accept that it is what it is.

krameriffic

2[H]4U
IW are not idiots. Both of the previous two CoD games (although WAW was technically Treyarch) received numerous major updates for months after their releases. Frankly, I have faith that the whole "no dedicated servers" bullshit could be overturned at some point in the future.

ClearM4

2[H]4U
Quite sad to see PC gamers buying this POS.

Some of my competitive PC gaming friends still bought it. All I could do was remind them of the games flaws and their contribute to ruining PC online gaming as we know it.

F.E.A.R.

[H]ard|Gawd
Frankly, I have faith that the whole "no dedicated servers" bullshit could be overturned at some point in the future.

Why not boycott and force them to do so (if that's even possible with them) instead of hoping? Hoping is not a course of action. They already said that there are no plans for SADS.....

Aix

Limp Gawd
I watched an online stream of a guy playing online on PC for twenty minutes. This game is shovelware. I'm absolutely baffled that anyone who's played good FPS games in the past could enjoy this.

The trouble with hardcore PC gamers is that a lot of them depend on games to provide all of their lives' value, and given that good games are getting fewer and fewer, they'll put their cash down on any glimmer of hope, no matter how faint. IW basically put up a finger to these people and still took their money.

Just a brick in the wall.

Wotan

Weaksauce
No dedicated servers.
No lean (WHY IS THERE NO LEAN)
Avg. ping over 100 ms
No mods.
Host migration
Can't kick/ban racist 12 year olds
No console commands
No custom maps
No mods

Networking: Peer 2 Peer (downgrade)
Avg Ping: 100ms+ (downgrade)
Console Commands: No (downgrade)
Lean: No (downgrade)
Custom Maps: No (downgrade)
Number of Players: up to 18 (downgrade)
Competitive Mods: No (downgrade)
Mod Tools: No (downgrade)
Ability to Record: No (downgrade)
Kick/Ban Hackers Immediately: No (downgrade)
Profiles Saved Online: Yes
Manually Select Server to Join: No (downgrade)
Control Bad Language: No (downgrade)
0 ping Advantage for Host: Yes (downgrade)
Lan Play: Yes
Free Demo: No (downgrade)
Price: $60 (downgrade)

Copied from other forums, but I agree with it. Why pay for less?

Serpico

[H]F Junkie
I watched someone's MW2 PC multiplayer stream last night: http://www.justin.tv/eyes_cube

You know what, the game played flawlessly. The guy said that lag was never once an issue and I believe it, the whole time I watched it was smooth and responsive. I've had the game since last Thursday on the 360 (got it at a store that broke street date) and I love it, but the only thing I can't get over is playing fast multiplayer games with a gamepad. I'll never be as good with that as I am with a mouse and keyboard. I was wary of the PC version but now that I've seen how good it runs in the stream, which is as good as its been playing on the 360, I'll be picking up the PC version as well.

PrincessFrosty

Supreme [H]ardness
IW are not idiots. Both of the previous two CoD games (although WAW was technically Treyarch) received numerous major updates for months after their releases. Frankly, I have faith that the whole "no dedicated servers" bullshit could be overturned at some point in the future.

Yeah and the same thing that happened to UT3 will occur all over again, they'll admirably fix it and then no one will buy it anyway because the people that boycott it in the first place are too pissed off about it all to give them a second chance.

Markdek

[H]ard|Gawd
I watched someone's MW2 PC multiplayer stream last night: http://www.justin.tv/eyes_cube

You know what, the game played flawlessly. The guy said that lag was never once an issue and I believe it, the whole time I watched it was smooth and responsive. I've had the game since last Thursday on the 360 (got it at a store that broke street date) and I love it, but the only thing I can't get over is playing fast multiplayer games with a gamepad. I'll never be as good with that as I am with a mouse and keyboard. I was wary of the PC version but now that I've seen how good it runs in the stream, which is as good as its been playing on the 360, I'll be picking up the PC version as well.

Playing for 4 hours so far...this is generally my experience, though I was in 2 games that were lagging. Most were ok to good. Great game. I was upset about not having dedicated servers, but not enough not to get this game. If you have been/were/are into the COD series you need to at least try this game, in some manner; just to satisfy yourself one way or the other. The game offers a "new" way, which is not the only way.