Whoa! 1Gbps Internet Service, Just $350 Per Month

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you live within a 600 square mile radius of Chattanooga, have an extra $350 bucks a month and have a need for speed, you are in luck. The Tennessee based ISP becomes the first home based ISP to offer 1Gbps service.

"Chattanooga is light years ahead when it comes to providing ultra fast broadband," said Tom Edd Wilson, President and CEO of the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce. "By offering the fastest available speeds to a whole community comprising a diverse population living in both urban and rural areas, Chattanooga has become the living laboratory for today's innovations and tomorrow's companies."

And will they shut you off when you download absurd amounts of data?

is it 1Gbps for both way o_O

if it is, I know where to move my server... D:

Impressive, but too rich for my blood. I bet you can really bust through some bandwidth caps with that.

When I visited a friend in South Korea last year for a week, his internet service was 1GB as well. The only diff is that he was only paying $55 a month and no cap either....FUCKING LAME USA when it comes to internet speed. After all...we are the one who created the internet....

50GB cap? That's criminal. They're SERIOUSLY overselling their bandwidth.

1Gbps is useless with a 50GB cap. This company is a giant ass hat.

Outside of a phone, this is the most useless data plan, wow I can download at 1 Gbps for roughly a few hours! While the speed is a move in the right direction the data cap if there is one should be in the area of 1TB.

Nice thought but as usual, once you get into the actual content of the claim it's weak sauce!

I bet the latency is still as high as a cable or dsl connection too 50-90ms.

If one could find a server that can sustain 1Gbps (~125MB/s), in 6 minutes 20 seconds, you will hit the 50GB cap... Hey, at least you'll be able to fully download the 3D Blu-ray version of Avatar.

50GB cap? That's criminal. They're SERIOUSLY overselling their bandwidth.

1Gbps is useless with a 50GB cap. This company is a giant ass hat.

I don't see anywhere on the website indicating a 50GB limit. Perhaps 86 5.0L was joking? I wouldn't mind seeing that speed here in Hawaii.

A 600... square mile... radius?

I don't think those words mean what you think they do.

Also, would a connection that fast mean that instead of your connection limiting Netflix/Hulu/Youtube, it will be the other way around? Mind-boggling!

Outside of a phone, this is the most useless data plan, wow I can download at 1 Gbps for roughly a few hours! While the speed is a move in the right direction the data cap if there is one should be in the area of 1TB.

Nice thought but as usual, once you get into the actual content of the claim it's weak sauce!

Um, with 1Gbps service the cap should be NON-EXISTENT! Routers do not cost more to use because more traffic is flowing through them, and if you DON'T oversell your bandwidth, then that's no problem! All this 'bandwidth costs money' bullshit is just coming from the top of the chain who want to charge everyone through the nose for using their backbones. Fuck 'em.

If one could find a server that can sustain 1Gbps (~125MB/s), in 6 minutes 20 seconds, you will hit the 50GB cap... Hey, at least you'll be able to fully download the 3D Blu-ray version of Avatar.

SSDStripe.jpg

Wow, I pay close to that just in property tax/home owners insurance a month!

That 600 mile radius stuff got me excited. In Knoxville I've seen some people burrying yellow conduit and was hoping that it was fiber.

Speed is nice but cap isnt.

I downloaded 2TB of data for hyperspin in a week. With that connection sure I can dl fast but will have to download the whole in a lot more months because of the cap.

checked their website, there isnt a cap, .

30/30 $57
50/50 $69
100/100 $139
1000/1000 $349

I would be very happy with 50/50.

Shit, 50/50 would be incredible. With my horrible Time Warner service, I have like 7Mbps/0.5Mbps. :(

Shit, 50/50 would be incredible. With my horrible Time Warner service, I have like 7Mbps/0.5Mbps. :(

at how much...lawl. I too have the same speeds and it sucks knowing that other places offer higher speeds. Even 30/30 would be awesome.

Back