Who wants to support the [H]?

lorcani

2[H]4U
After seeing a thread in the Forum Help & Feedback forum, I realized that the [H] needs some buttons (88x31 pixels), so the websites that link here have something uniquely-[H] to put in, rather than just [H]ard|OCP.

This has Kyle's approval. He has also agreed to provide some sort of incentive, such as a Genmay subscription or the ever-popular custom title, to the maker of the best buttons.

Some of the work I've seen in here is astounding, and very professional. Here's your chance to give back to the [H], and maybe even get something in return. :)

Good luck, and may the best artist win. :D

edit: Contest is scheduled to end August 16th, 2004. 2 weeks after the start.

Great to hear! I *cannot* wait to see what results will come out of this. I will have to see if my PS skills are up to par :)

I assume they will be posted here in order to submit them?

[Edit]
Are there size constraints?

Chix4mat said:
I assume they will be posted here in order to submit them?
That's correct. You could probably watermark them if you feel like it.

The sizes (these are buttons and small link object type things, not banner ads) that are probably the most accepted:
125x125 (might be too big)
120x90
120x60
88x31 (Probably the most useful, nice and small)

Good luck to all.

Size: I would assume normal web button sizes, things like 88x31 and such, since this topic originally arose as a question of forum linkage.

lomn75 said:
Size: I would assume normal web button sizes, things like 88x31 and such, since this topic originally arose as a question of forum linkage.
Yes, I agree with you here. 88x31 has been added to the original post.

Sounds good, when I get home I'll probally make some. :cool:
Any date/time limit?

edit:
Alright, I made a few on this slow computer. (A P3 :()
I'll make some more when I get back to North Carolina.

Bad news is, my host is down, so I can't show the pics at the moment.
I'll try to get them up somehow asap.

Ok, well here's a quick mock-up in 120x90. If I have time tomorrow, I'll break out some of the big apps and see what I can come up with ;)

[H]_button.gif

I'm hosting these temporally with ImageShack until my host comes back, so I dunno how well it will work.

1007.gif

1008.gif

1009.gif

1010.gif

1011.gif

1012.gif

1013.gif

please let them show :X

Here it is in 88x31 (loses something in the translation). I'll try to make time tomorrow to come up with some nicer (maybe animated) ones.

h3_MOD2.jpg

foenix said:
Here it is in 88x31 (loses something in the translation). I'll try to make time tomorrow to come up with some nicer (maybe animated) ones.

h3_MOD2.jpg
Squishy. :D

Those are excellent, Bad_Boy. The animation on the second-to-last one might get annoying though, it just flickers.. makes me think my monitor is going bad. :p

Yeah, that was probally my least favorite also, I just threw it in there just case. ;)
Thanks for the comments.

Alright, I've decided on an end-date: August 16th, 2004. 2 weeks after the contest started.

We're all ready to see your best work, so bring it on. :cool:

I'll see about breaking out Maya or XSI tomorrow, but for now I'm too tired. BTW, great idea on the contest, it should be fun. :D

bah freaking who wants a little button on their site pshh this is [H]ard|Forum we make things BIG :D anyways this is at 440 x 155 which is 5x 88x31 ... it dont look to good smaller because of effects... but i might fix those if i get positive feedback.... anyways enjoy its 2 am and time for some sleep

forumpic.jpg

thanks... but unless they can do better i dont see why they get to say anything :cool: right... thanks for the head up... are you one of those people... :(

Here is my go at it. I have it saved, and there are like 20 layers..
Just incase the colors need to be changed. I know the colors
are pretty ugly now, but they can be changed. I sorta did this half
assed.The letters arent all the same size and everything.
I noticed it when it was already saved. Can be fixed though.
hardforum.jpg
-g0at

yroc said:
How does it look without the lens flare? Also, did you do that freehand? It looks really jaggy, which probably isn't the best image to send. :)

what looks jaggie? they are fonts... the [ ] and | are from a different font set... and there is a yellow glow so it looks like it may be jaggie... anyways it was very plain without the lensflare... i tried some lighting effects but it was to good... o well i mergerd all layers down because it was being a whore bag and i forgot to save without the flare i can redo it later though

Also, just a reminder, look at the forum. What colors do you see? Black, grey, and red. That's the best color scheme for the buttons. :)

err...don't know if you want to take this entry seriously...not really a button, or relevant, but I was messing around b/c I discovered the wonders of the PS brush engine. :)

hardocp.jpg

Ettubrute said:
Looks fantastic, better than a lot of the free hand I've seen before. :)

However, it is much larger than most buttons. If you could shrink it down to 88x31, that would definitely be a contender. My only content issue is how very "evil" it is. I never considered the [H] is be an unwelcoming, evil place, and that's the feel I get from that image.

yah, sorry not really conforming to specifications right here =P and sorry, didn't mean to make hardocp scary, cuz actually, its the brightest place in the universe! to make up for my blunder, i drew with the PS brushes to illustrate my point

hardforum galaxy.jpg

...don't worry, ill eventually make my buttons 88x31 instead of 880x310 :D

lorcani said:
My only content issue is how very "evil" it is. I never considered the [H] is be an unwelcoming, evil place, and that's the feel I get from that image.

hah you should check out the video card forum... those people sure dont seem to get along or make it very welcoming :rolleyes:

yroc said:
hah you should check out the video card forum... those people sure dont seem to get along or make it very welcoming :rolleyes:
Aww.. Play nice. ;)

Ettubrute, I don't know how well that style of PS is going to translate to buttons. If you can do it well, that'll look fantastic. Good luck. :cool:

Ive got an entry, I hereby vow that nobody can steal my idea. Im still going to work on it a bit. =p...

Mine!!!

Can be fixed/edited/changed in any way you may possibly want.

Pictures on page 4

Simple
Can be read easily
Gets the point across
Has [H]s motto
Is neat
The size is small enough to not kill bandwidth...

:D

Back