Who wants a new Wing Commander or Freespace game?

New Wing Commander or Freespace?

• Wing Commander

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • Freespace

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Why not both

Votes: 57 51.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
I'm in for Wing Commander myself since that was the first real space game I ever played.

Was playing a lot of Nintendo back in the day.
Went to a buddies house and saw him play Wing Commander.
Applied for and got my first credit card and immediately bought a 386 with a Paradise graphics card so I could play Wing Commander.
Still remember the sound coming out of the PC speaker as I fired my guns.

Great, now I have to try to remember what game made me buy my first sound card.

Oh...voted for both. I was a member of the Bloody Rose clan in Freespace 2. :D Good times.

If I had to choose, Freespace. Freespace 1 + 2 might be my favorite PC games of all time. But really I'll take anything in that genre... please!

A Freespace (or just plain Descent) revival would be a beautiful, beautiful thing.

I miss space combat.

Wing Commander: No

Freespace: No

Descent: Yes

*dons flame suit*

god damnit this thread reminds me of my locked up hatred towards seeing zero new games in this genre....

god damnit this thread reminds me of my locked up hatred towards seeing zero new games in this genre....

Agreed. Its been many moons since we had a good space shooter.

Im also gonna make another spot and vote for Colony Wars.

Personally, I'd love to see a new Wing Commander game done with today's technology. Both Wing Commander and Descent were some of my favorite games of yesteryear, and I still have the Wing Commander: Prophecy CDs.

Never played Wing Commander, but I would sacrifice anything/anyone I've ever known or loved for Freespace 3. I could surely be convinced to conduct a domestic terror campaign for the promise of some development screenshots.

Wow... never realized this stuff before. Haven't been forced to think about it for a long time.

Both. Either brand new, or the original WC and/or FS1 and 2 remade with today's technology.

That would quite simply be awesome.

'Dive! Dive! Dive!'

I dont think I have the patience to play freespace today. I'd rather developers dont try to bring back old franchises, like x-com recently. They may be great games, but I want some more original IPs.

Yes to Wing Commander. I would love to see a sequel to Freelancer too. Never actually played Freespace!

Both, plus I would love to see an updated Descent. I fucking loved that game. It used to make some of my friends dizzy/sick.

Both, plus I would love to see an updated Descent. I fucking loved that game. It used to make some of my friends dizzy/sick.

+1 I loved all the Descent games too. The sense of scale and immersion was incredible.

I'm in for Wing Commander myself since that was the first real space game I ever played.

I've been a fan of space sims since Star Raiders on the Atari 8-bit. WC never felt like flying/fighting in space to me. (more like arcade shoot' em up) And I still think Chris Roberts should answer for the crime of taking one of the most lucrative gaming franchises of the 90s and flying it into a mountain.

If I had to choose between either, I say Freespace 3. It too suffers from the shoot 'em up rather than sim syndrome; but I liked the grand arcing B5-styled storyline.

But if I could choose any property for a space-flying-fightin' game- it would be Battlestar Galactica. (wasn't impressed with the indie mod Beyond the Red Line)

We are in desperate need for a good space sim, So +100 on WC. I voted for Freespace also, just because that was a good game. I would give someone’s left arm for Freelancer 2 or an updated "New" Freelancer.

Ooooo....I want a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter game too. One that supports Eyefinity. That would push me to actually buy two more monitors.

I'd like to see a new Wing Commander. I never like Descent or Star Wars to care much about Freespace, or X-Wing or Tie Fighter.

We are in desperate need for a good space sim, So +100 on WC. I voted for Freespace also, just because that was a good game. I would give someone’s left arm for Freelancer 2 or an updated "New" Freelancer.

Or just for MS to reactivate the "official" server list.

I'd like to see a new Wing Commander. I never like Descent or Star Wars to care much about Freespace, or X-Wing or Tie Fighter.

X wing and Tie Fighter were simply cool games regardless it being set in the star wars universe.

Back