Who wanted invites to Revott?

JDM-Y0-

Gawd
No need for invites guys!!! this weekend ONLY the site will be open to register!!!!! goto the link below on a HOW TO: to get in the site!

http://www.revolutiontt.net
:D

From revott:

We wanted to start out this new year with a bang and celebrate with everyone. So we are pleased to announce that for this weekend only, RevolutionTT is opening it's doors.That's right folks! We are allowing open sign ups so that anyone who wants to join our wonderful site can do so. Tell your friends, family and anyone who you think would be a good addition to our community and have them join up and see why RevoTT really is the best torrent site on the net!

Please note this is only from 12.00 G.M.T Friday 11th January 2008 to Sunday 13th January 2008 00.00 G.M.T. It is a limited time offer and also a user limit has been imposed so as to ensure we do not get flooded!

I'm not too familiar with this site. Is it kind of like torrentleech or a non public pirate bay?

I'm not too familiar with this site. Is it kind of like torrentleech or a non public pirate bay?

Yep.

Makes me wonder when the agencies are going to set one of these sites up and invite people.

Well does this private tracker have anything special about it? I like private sites for the ease of use and fast speeds but why bother if it's not an OiNK for apps, movies, music etc?

I've been using RevolutionTT for almost two years now. It is one of the best trackers available. I love it.

I really love it when I get info like this that turns out be a total dead end. I follow the link like the people above it seems and get absolutely nowhere. Where's the so-called HOW TO: the OP mentioned, if I may ask?

EDIT:
Perhaps they already met that quota they mentioned... if so, seems awfully fast, must not have been much in terms of an opening. Oh well...

What's the agenda and/or explanation of signing up with this website?

Says "Session Timedout, work quicker next time." whenever I try to do the signup :(

I really want to try the site..darn.

it wouldnt work in IE, but worked fine in firefox to sign up.. just a tip

WHO WANTED INVITES TO REVOTT????

Please do not SHOUT in thread titles.

WHO WANTED INVITES TO REVOTT????

Please do not SHOUT in thread titles.

I personally might have added the "L" in if i were to go as far as changing the thread title from "SHOUTING" to "talking".

Anyway, on a more pertinent note, i was able to register, but still havent recieved a confirmation email or whatever it is they send to you to complete registration. Its been some time now...has anyone else recieved the email?

I personally might have added the "L" in if i were to go as far as changing the thread title from "SHOUTING" to "talking".

Anyway, on a more pertinent note, i was able to register, but still havent recieved a confirmation email or whatever it is they send to you to complete registration. Its been some time now...has anyone else recieved the email?

Should be instantaneous.

How is it working for you guys? I have tried 3 different browsers all of which give a "Session Timedout, work quicker next time." error after I press submit...:(

lol I just joined and here are my stats without me doing anything:
Ratio: 2,000,000,000.000 Uploaded: 1.86 GB Downloaded: 0.00 kB
Don't know how that happened.

Yeah I got the same stats. Thanks for the notification, OP. This is looking very promising. :cool:

[21CW]killerofall;1031914581 said:
lol I just joined and here are my stats without me doing anything:
Ratio: 2,000,000,000.000 Uploaded: 1.86 GB Downloaded: 0.00 kB
Don't know how that happened.

They do that so you have a wait time.. No biggie though, your ratio will fix it self and then you will not have a wait time. I use a box for all my private torrent sites and I must say even though revott has alot of users the download speeds have to be some of the best.

Their site is complete BS with these SessionTimeout errors though.

I keep getting them randomly all the time whenever I have my smoothwall local proxy enabled...it is the only site that I have ever seen do this with the proxy...

Finally got in with that second more direct link to sign up, expecting whatever... and... bleh. If they've been around 2 years and that's all they've got, oh well... I miss the big green demon, though, that was actually somewhat useful unlike all the imitators. ;)

Finally got in with that second more direct link to sign up, expecting whatever... and... bleh. If they've been around 2 years and that's all they've got, oh well... I miss the big green demon, though, that was actually somewhat useful unlike all the imitators. ;)

Smaller userbase = higher speeds and security. Demonoid was as safe as a public tracker, with close to the same download speed.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe RevolutionTT is a scene only site, much like TL.

I agree, I miss demonoid. Such a great selection and userbase, plus not all the BS limits and scare tactics these other sites use.

Smaller userbase = higher speeds and security. Demonoid was as safe as a public tracker, with close to the same download speed.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe RevolutionTT is a scene only site, much like TL.

ya, the download speeds are just peechy. I have tried a bunch of things today with lots of seeds and almost 0 leeches and I am getting only 2.5 - 10 kB down. Most demonoid torrents would max my connection at 50-60kb (but they could go way higher..just my internet is slow).

Its a decent site and all, but it just does not have a ton of things and the downloads are slow cause there are not many seeders on most things.

I agree, I miss demonoid. Such a great selection and userbase, plus not all the BS limits and scare tactics these other sites use.

ya, the download speeds are just peechy. I have tried a bunch of things today with lots of seeds and almost 0 leeches and I am getting only 2.5 - 10 kB down. Most demonoid torrents would max my connection at 50-60kb (but they could go way higher..just my internet is slow).

Its a decent site and all, but it just does not have a ton of things and the downloads are slow cause there are not many seeders on most things.

Strange. All torrents I try max my 1MB connection out. Sounds like a problem on your end.

The highest I was able to get on demonoid was ~700KB. That was only on a few rare occasions.

You need to forward the ports to your computer. That's probably why you are getting poor download and upload speeds. Im was getting around 10 kbps, but forwarded my ports and all is at about 175 - 200kbps now.

Strange. All torrents I try max my 1MB connection out. Sounds like a problem on your end.

The highest I was able to get on demonoid was ~700KB. That was only on a few rare occasions.

You need to forward the ports to your computer. That's probably why you are getting poor download and upload speeds. Im was getting around 10 kbps, but forwarded my ports and all is at about 175 - 200kbps now.

The ports are properly setup and forwarded.

I dont get how it is a problem on my end when I download any other torrent and it works fine and maxes my connection, but ones from revolution TT all crawl :confused:

Maybe I have just had the luck of trying ones that all suck or something? I tried to pick ones with a lot of seeds and not a ton of leeches (if any). The user counts are very low on most torrents there though.

NM, Probably something with the torrents I was trying.

Thx again for the link.

Back