WHO to Designate Gaming Disorder as Mental Health Condition

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
The World Health Organization is adding 'gaming disorder' to their Classification of Diseases guidelines. They say this is becoming a significant health concern in many countries. If you place gaming ahead of normal daily activities and continue to do so even when it causes negative consequences this characterizes a gaming disorder. This has been talked about before, but now the WHO wants to label it and hopefully figure out some way to treat it. Are you suffering from this disorder?

The guidelines form the basis for identification of health trends and statistics globally and are the international standard for reporting diseases and health conditions. They are used by medical practitioners, including doctors and nurses in the 100 countries were WHO is recognised, to diagnose conditions and by researchers to categorize conditions. The inclusion of a disorder can shape national healthcare budgets and insurance policies.

man late 90s qwtf, tribes, ultima online, diablo 2 plus a job i had no life. factor in a ton of other games on all the consoles at that time include jap imports. preety sure up until 2002-03 i hardly spoke to anyone ...........at least i dont remeber.

peeps will eventually find something to help em move on. then again some peeps will always choose the blue pill and not the red one.

Does not having sex with your spouse anymore count?

I mean, maybe it's me, maybe it's her, maybe it's us being over 50 and the bad shit that menopause does to women, not counting the fact that they go completely insane for a few years...... yes you thought they came that way? you ain't seen shit yet.

"If you place gaming ahead of normal daily activities"

like what?...eating, sleeping, going to work, leaving the house?...yes it's probably an issue...

"If you place gaming ahead of normal daily activities"

like what?...eating, sleeping, going to work, leaving the house?...yes it's probably an issue...

Hmmm, maybe, maybe not.

Look gaming is typically a hobby, it's entertainment. I'm not even sure it qualifies as a disorder if you can show that it has an impact on your health cause it's a sedentary past time.

Perhaps if you let gaming kill you, perhaps , but only if you can't respawn (y)

There have been cases of infant mortality and malnutrition death, I believe they are referencing to extreme addicts.

I'm not quite there but some of my old wow friends can't function when they can't game... Crazy panic attacks and symptoms like heroin withdraw..

Better to diagnose it before it gets there, but our mental health systems are severely underfunded and under manned I believe due to a "if your not dying f u " mentality

Did gaming just became a disorder before social media? Or was social media already a disorder?

I'll support this if it's considered a disability. That way I can abuse the system like so many others.
I can quit work and sit around all day playing video games and collection a disability check.

It's going into ICD-11. The US uses ICD as standard for diagnosis codes which are used in accounts receivable for billing and reimbursement. Then again, it did take us 23 years to adopt ICD-10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter...ation_of_Diseases_and_Related_Health_Problems
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICD-10

Exactly what I said, the CDC has to decide if this is an issue.

Do you think the CDC is just accepting what WHO says or if they came to this all on their own?

man late 90s qwtf, tribes, ultima online, diablo 2 plus a job i had no life. factor in a ton of other games on all the consoles at that time include jap imports. preety sure up until 2002-03 i hardly spoke to anyone ...........at least i dont remeber.

peeps will eventually find something to help em move on. then again some peeps will always choose the blue pill and not the red one.
I remember staying up till 1-2 AM then working @ 6am playing Counter-Strike and Starcraft. Shit was life sadly. I remember playing all night on Warcraft2 online. People grow up and grow a life. Gaming can be an addiction just like ANYTHING. Too much of 1 thing is never healthy.

Making this a "disorder"? Fucking seriously? It's like the stupidity of Kommifornia has spread around the world.

Back