Who Stole $400 Million From Mt. Gox?

It really is myopia, isn't it? Both of you came in and said that people only use Bitcoin for criminal activity. Hence, you are accusing many people in the discussion of criminal activity. What mental defect makes you think that making such a generalized accusation won't draw hostility?

I thought the demographics of the forum made most of the people that used it out to be in their 30+s like late middle aged or so which I guess is not a good thing for calming down and stuff. Cat Forum has a huge distribution of ages and it doesn't ever get as polarized or stuff even on really significant things like wet vs dry cat foods.

Also, please don't say I have a mental defect. That's really rude. :(

By your own retarded definition, it solves a real problem real people have.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Yes I actually do...I was just making a snide joke with that pick...nothing more. If the fairy dust bottle didn't give you a clue then I'm not sure what would? wow

Except for maybe the creator of the algorithm. He might be able to print his own money or could've mined the first million units incredibly easy, before releasing it to the public and upping the difficulty.

Not possible, the creator of bitcoin can't force any changes on the network in any form. No one can counterfit bitcoins, no one can double spend bitcoins, bitcoin's security is entirely safe up until there is such a large hashing power that it is able to brute force itself, at which point people will start trying to generate private keys to the wallets that hold the most bitcoins. Once word/evidence of this happening gets out, bitcoin will be utterly worthless as the only thing that makes it work will have been broken.

Bitcoin is entirely peer to peer, if you want to change ANYTHING to do with it you must control over 51% of the network. Anything at all, from double spending coins to updating the protocol to patch a security issue.

Basically it's impossible to break bitcoin without a 51%+ attack or by waiting so long that bitcoin itself is broken, which while theoretically possible, in practice is not.

Mt Gox has been dodgy to begin with... never had much on there when I had an account. That being said:

Who here really thinks any of your dollars are safe in the bank? Raise your hands... Anyone? Anyone at all? The FDIC has about 7 billion available to a 1000 fold US bank holdings... When SHTF Your money will go with the gov't promises.... out the same door.

This age will teach folks to put into exchanges (or banks) only funds they can afford to lose.

Back