Who still uses case badges?

Wharf_Rat

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone remember these from like I don't even know how long ago?

HPIM0159.jpg

How would I get these into a prize pool for any upcoming contests? If you guys don't think they are worth it let me know as well.

Wow...... I think I was in middle school :p

Worth it!

IIRC, it was hitobahadur who handled them... I would like to see a new badge like "[D]" that we could slap on any boxen ;)

If you guys don't think they are worth it let me know as well.

What? Are you nuts?

I'm proud to have a few of the Intel-style Hard DC badges from a few years ago, but those are really cool....

I have no idea what you need to do to get them into a prize pool... but definitely worth doing so in my opinion...

Kyle?
Where's our case badges, dude?

I'll take 50, send me a bill. :D

Kyle?
Where's our case badges, dude?

I'll take 50, send me a bill. :D

Yeah..I'm in... I need about 20 for my borg....

My wife will love that.. [H] badges on every boxen in her clinic... imagine the questions that would raise:)

IIRC, it was hitobahadur who handled them... I would like to see a new badge like "[D]" that we could slap on any boxen ;)

I forget who put these ones out and can't even find the old threads. I am pretty sure it wasn't hito though.

These are actually pretty old. When i got these, I think I had that popular beige enlight case (8250 or something) with an abit BH6 and a slot 1 300a as my main rig.

I forget who put these ones out and can't even find the old threads. I am pretty sure it wasn't hito though.

These are actually pretty old. When i got these, I think I had that popular beige enlight case (8250 or something) with an abit BH6 and a slot 1 300a as my main rig.

I loved my 300A

You could cook and egg on it, but it was fast as hell.

I had a whole basement full of 333 slot celeries at 400.
All running under a giant [H] sign....some might recall the pics.

Where's my [H] badges?!?

Anyone remember these from like I don't even know how long ago?

HPIM0159.jpg

How would I get these into a prize pool for any upcoming contests? If you guys don't think they are worth it let me know as well.

I have the orange one on the left...lol!

We got our 300 up to 500 stable.

Like I said, you could cook an egg on it ;)

I had a whole basement full of 333 slot celeries at 400.
All running under a giant [H] sign....some might recall the pics.

Where's my [H] badges?!?

If you can do a print screen + some scotch tape they are right in this thread!

I my case has a virtual-hideout badge on it. Didn't ever get a hardocp one as I never really saw them for sale. Also have a alpha sticker(heatsink maker).

I would definitely be willing to take a [H]ard case sticker and place it on my case. Who do we need to kill to get some of those made again?

Wow i remember the last run of those, I couldn't afford any of them at the time and i still regret it now :(

I can produce flat decals at no charge for the group. Well - postage costs of course. Runs of just a few are not economical for me though. With a 52" wide roll of material I could make several hundred easily. I do not have an injection doming machine though so as I said they would be flat. They would be laminated with a nice high gloss laminate though and they do not really need to be the traditional square size - how many cases are still made with that old inset square on the front anymore? I can automatically cut them in any shape or size really. The one thing I'd rather not do though (time constraints) is handle the mailing duties. I'd rather send the whole lot to someone else who can handle mailing them out to members. I could also make some special edition case decals as well - for things like DC'er of the month and year.

If we do want the domed type though I do have sources for that as well which should be cheaper than what Directron offers.

Great :)

If someone else volunteer for the mailing part, we are back in business. I would like to do that myself but being in Canada, it's not economically feasible unless I know 5-10 folders living up north and if that's the case, I would take care of the other side :)

Let me think about the mailing part.

I wondering if I put a biz card in the envelope if I can write it off and use my assistant to do the envelope stuffing.

Like I said let me think...... if someone else wants to by all means go for it.

I might be able to work something out... my wife can mass mail from work no problem. Let me talk to her tonight and I'll see if she would be interested in helping us out..

I'll post back here later tonight....

Guess I need to design a new badge. Lets do this. I'd like to get opinions on a max size and ideas on a shape. I just feel like 1" square case stickers are tired. Maybe a horizontal oval or round decal in the area of 2 to 3 inches in diameter. Still fits in an envelope just fine. Don't want to go too big as to make it something you would not want stuck on your case but not so small that is impossible to see what it is from more that a couple of feet away. I can work up a couple of designs and maybe we could have a member submitted design thing where we all vote on the design.

Artwork has 2 flavors - vector and raster. If vector then resolution is not relevant. If raster then full size at 360DPI would be ideal. File formats I'd prefer will be either a native original Illustrator file or native original Photoshop file. Version does not matter and any type needs to be converted to outlines or rasterized before sending. Obviously a jpg preview here on the forums for everyone to look at would be helpful. I'll be printing on a top of the line high gloss cast vinyl and overlaminating with a ultra high gloss cast vinyl laminate. My ink in combination with these materials are fade resistant indoors indefinitely and will fade only slightly after about 10 years outdoors. 360DPI Photoshop resolution is equivalent to 720x720 dpi on my Mimaki and is plenty for smallish decals.

I think an oval design sounds great.

We might get some front page time if we do something like - Join the [H]orde, post your badge in the forum and get a [H] DC case badge for free.

Just a though :D

I agree with an oval design... as far as what to put in that oval, well... I'm not really artistically inclined so I'll leave that for those that are...

Someone needs to talk to Kyle about this first. I doubt he will have a problem with it, but he owns the copyright to hardocp and [H] so we have to have his permission to do something like this first.

He will be fine with it.... I've printed and cut the [H] for him in the past. ;) He knows I'm not going to produce some gay looking crap. I think as long as I'm not trying to profit on his trademark we should be cool. I'd like these to be free or as prizes maybe and specific to members that fold for team 33. Folding for a minimum amount of time for the [H]orde should also be a requirement I think.

Yeah, lemme deal with Kyle about that and let him know that MixManSC will be doing the printing/cutting work for free. I guess it's not a problem as long as nobody profit from them ;)

EDIT : PM sent to Kyle asking for permission. He or I will let everyone know if it's ok.

Hito I believe still has lots left. I would drop him an email or pm to check on the status of those also. I still have one of the ones on the keyboard that is not used. The rest are on my server rack.

Alright... assuming we get approval from Kyle to do this, I will take care of the mailing. I talked to my wife and between her and I, we can handle it no problem:)

Kyle gave the thumbs up about this as long as it doesn't go to retail (sell for money) and he trust MixManSC already with the IP. So with all green lights, we can go ahead and do this.

ICE_9, If hito have lots of them left, toss it in the mix but I bet others will also want different styles as well, not just standard square badge. A oval or a rectangular sticker is also a nice touch with modern cases. A lot of them doesn't even have case badges placeholders at all (beside the Antec NSK4480 I have, which still have a empty square begging to be tagged as "D").

Good news.

I agree with MixMan...if I remember correctly last time this was done you had to produce a certain amount points before you could get one.. I think it was 500? But it seems that with the SMP client and all, that number should be a bit higher this time... if it's decided that the offer is for folders only....

It might be a good way to recruit new members, as Kendrak suggested, maybe try and get something on the front page....

I'm pretty sure that I had to paypal X amount per badge to get mine last time... and since MixMan is willing to produce the badges at no cost for members... I'll cover postage for members as well...

Now, let's see some designs from you creative types:)

Erm... well that's a bit more than 500 as I thought now isn't it....

God.. CRS is kicking in here and age is starting to rear it's ugly head;)

Back