Who Still Plays Joint Operations - Typhoon Rising?

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
...by Novalogic?? Just wondering if there were any other [H] lurking about in Novaworld. :p

It first came out at Typhoon Rising, and then the "Escalation" expansion pack. And then they were merged into one and re-sold as Joint Operations: Combined Arms.

Some industrious folks made come mods for it to include better (realistic sounding) weapons, new vehicles, etc, and is known as the "IC Mod" for International Combat.

I think the game came out in 2005. I love it. Can't get enough of it. Even though its graphics aren't up to par with today's games, the multiplayer-only nature of it is quite fun. I play that game at least three times a week.

As an aside I downloaded the COD4 demo and it rocked. That may be my new multiplayer game once it comes out, as long as the multiplayer environment is responsive.

I can't believe they didn't release a COD4 multiplayer. I have 0/0/0/0/0/0/0 interest in it as a single player game. If it had fun multiplayer, I would get it though. But, since I'll never know, I'll never take the chance.

I remember playing the demo a lot. It had like 300 players maximum i remember that can join the server. Not sure what happened to it though lol :)

Novalogic is slowly dying, their forum has been filled with errors for weeks now so no one can post or look at topics
they turned over all their servers (for black hawk down anyway) to Freaks-Network which was a mistake
and of course every Novalogic employee is allergic to the thing they call "updates"

Joint Operations was and still may be one of the best clan vs clan games I think I've ever played (strictly opinion). The game was so horribly buggy though, and that is why much of the community left. As much as I like Novalogic, if they have to go down for all the mistakes they made, they should. You should never release an expansion pack for a broken game(unless of course it fixes it).

Joint Operations was and still may be one of the best clan vs clan games I think I've ever played (strictly opinion). The game was so horribly buggy though, and that is why much of the community left. As much as I like Novalogic, if they have to go down for all the mistakes they made, they should. You should never release an expansion pack for a broken game(unless of course it fixes it).

True.

I spend all of my time in the IC modded boards though, which are not hosted by Nova. I wonder if they're going out of business.

Use to play it alot, no one plays it anymore and it can never connect to novaworld, also the sign up process is grueling, you have to enter both cd keys twice, come on.

I hated this game. I bought this game and played it for about 2 days then threw it away....Such a waste of money.

Alot of issues with this game but one stood out the most and that was if you get hit with one bullet you die and have to start over again, and since there were 300 player maps and some servers, getting around where you were at took forever to get too.

Oh and there were tons of hackers.....

I play it all the time over the LAN. It's a lot of fun with just a few buddies doing the co-op maps.

I remember the MP demo of that game was very fun. I always thought the title was funny though and somehow related to marijuana.

Back