Who sells acrylic or glass with holes precut for side case fans panel?

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
I would make a light case mod to my 780T, I would like to replace the clear acrylic side panel with an acrylic or glass piece that can accommodate my 200mm fan or four 140mm fans etc. who makes/sells these custom panels?

there should be a glass store locally that fixes house windows, likely they work with plexi, or know who does.
SOMEBODY made all those plexi shields for cashiers.

as for glass, you need somebody that cuts holes in glass, and then tempers it.
not likely to be the local window place, tempering glass requires machinery I have never considered owning.

pre-built ? I don't know chinese.

Anyware with a water jet for tempered glass.

Acrylic can be cut with a cheap laser. Probrably plenty of places for that as well.

Acrylic could also be cut and drilled yourself with care

Really wish more Mfg's made wider Mid and Tower cases with side panel fan cutout. I know people complain about the dust and the look of it, but GPUs are so much better off with a side fan IMO. And just clean your damn PC out more...you should be doing it regularly anyways!

Anyware with a water jet for tempered glass.

Acrylic can be cut with a cheap laser. Probrably plenty of places for that as well.

Acrylic could also be cut and drilled yourself with care
back in school, i waz able to cut plexi glass with my dads circular saw(no teeth). soldering iron traced along with a metal ruler also worked,

Really wish more Mfg's made wider Mid and Tower cases with side panel fan cutout. I know people complain about the dust and the look of it, but GPUs are so much better off with a side fan IMO. And just clean your damn PC out more...you should be doing it regularly anyways!
Believe I miss the side fans just as much as you. I went ahead and ordered a huge 500x500 mesh with magnetic strips kit to see how I can fashion it either into the case or into the side panel, then entertain the idea of installing a fan or fans in it. I will post my results when I get too it.

back in school, i waz able to cut plexi glass with my dads circular saw(no teeth). soldering iron traced along with a metal ruler also worked,
I would like to see a tutorial of this lol I want a clear side panel with a mount hole for a 200mm fan blasting the whole board.

I would like to see a tutorial of this lol I want a clear side panel with a mount hole for a 200mm fan blasting the whole board.

This guy took it to the next level! Using a soldering iron to trace out a route is a bit crude. I recall part of the plexiglass that I melt is all bubbled out but it just breaks right off. Still had to sand it afterwards and wasn't the best/smoothest looking cut.

My case is an old Thermaltake Chaser MK-1. It's got a large vent in the front and I zip tied two fans onto it. I think you want to do something similar to that to your front panel right? you can always buy or find some old plexi glass and practice poking holes in them. I actually wanted to cut out most of the inside of my case and replace it with a large plexiglass. Then I realize I have no way of cutting steel and my case is not worth the $20 in plexiglass mod lol.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81t6W-AKBxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Believe I miss the side fans just as much as you. I went ahead and ordered a huge 500x500 mesh with magnetic strips kit to see how I can fashion it either into the case or into the side panel, then entertain the idea of installing a fan or fans in it. I will post my results when I get too it.
Bought this one 4 years ago next month just so I would have room and easy airflow. I run it with the front glass removed. 2 X 200mm fans in the front. Side fan blowholes going the way of the dino never made sense to me.

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/level-20-gt-argb.html

the case I had with a pair of 120s on the side panel required me to be able to plug and unplug the fans to remove or replace the side on the case.

that hassle is probably why it is unpopular.
plus, with a clear panel the fan wires just hanging there with enough slack to allow opening it up enough to get your hand in there to unplug the fans
might be considered ugly by some.

If you wanna cut holes in a glass panel yourself, you will need 4 things:

1) Buy a sheet of tempered glass from the start (cause tempering glass is NOT something you wanna try without the specialized equipment!)
2) Use a cordless dremel tool or drill with very fine, diamond-tipped hole saw with a center auger guide bit, at very slow but constant speed, with lukewarm water running over the entire panel while doing the drilling....(which will essentially be a home-made water jet system!)
3) A very sturdy work surface/table that can absorb vibrations, preferably one with a padded clamping system
4) At least 1 other person to help you

All of these things except #4 will probably cost you more than just going to professional glass shop, but at least you will be able to take pride in your accomplishments afterwards :D

If you wanna cut holes in a glass panel yourself, you will need 4 things:

1) Buy a sheet of tempered glass from the start (cause tempering glass is NOT something you wanna try without the specialized equipment!)
2) Use a cordless dremel tool or drill with very fine, diamond-tipped hole saw with a center auger guide bit, at very slow but constant speed, with lukewarm water running over the entire panel while doing the drilling....(which will essentially be a home-made water jet system!)
3) A very sturdy work surface/table that can absorb vibrations, preferably one with a padded clamping system
4) At least 1 other person to help you

All of these things except #4 will probably cost you more than just going to professional glass shop, but at least you will be able to take pride in your accomplishments afterwards :D
You cannot cut/drill tempered glass. Any cutting/drilling must be done BEFORE tempering. It will shatter if you try to cut/drill it.

I ordered a mesh side and retro fit it into a spare side panel i had https://www.amazon.com/400x300mm-Fi...81&sprefix=mesh+side+panel+ki,aps,119&sr=8-12
with double sided tape i can stick as many fans as i want to it now and it has teh benefit of sucking in cool filtered air passively from the exhaust rads. I'm more than happy with this option
as dealing with glass or acrylic seems more of a pain in the ass then it is worth.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Its difficult to keep glass strong, with holes cut into it.

the case I had with a pair of 120s on the side panel required me to be able to plug and unplug the fans to remove or replace the side on the case.

that hassle is probably why it is unpopular.
plus, with a clear panel the fan wires just hanging there with enough slack to allow opening it up enough to get your hand in there to unplug the fans
might be considered ugly by some.
Connect side fans to fan headers at the top of the mobo. Make them as hidden as you want. Then, when you need to take the side panel off-----first you take the top off, and unplug the fans ;)

Very common in ITX cases

Man I miss modding pcs. It just takes time which I don't have. That was a cool video. Makes you wanna get back into it.
I ended up waterblock on the 4090 so I put the stock acrylic side panel back on but I still miss modding.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
I just ordered some items from coldzero, they look AMAZING, but now I cannot use them, as I got scammed trying to buy my case off ebay. If anyone has a NZXT H700 (b or i) and wants some unopened panels for a steal, shoot me a message!

Back