Who remembers BioForge!

nickanderson

Limp Gawd
Your going to have to be REAL old school to remember this one. It was one of the first games to ever be created on CDROM. It was a alone in the dark style game, with you as a humanoid. I still remember buying it for 70 dollars at circuit city when i was just a little tike. I thought the game was so cool, when it worked. I remember spending hours configuring my autoexec.bat and config.sys with XMS memory, loading the cdrom driver high and low, trying to get the game to remain playable :p

Anyone else remember this game?

Yup, I still have my original CD-Rom. I think it was re-released as an EA Classics title about 5 years ago.

I think it was the first or second game from Looking Glass Studios too, who went on to create the vewry fine System Shock games.

I remember the controls being near-unworkable (didn't it use, like, every key on the keyboard?), but it looked nice at the time :)

Was there ever a sequel to this?
The game seemed to end with a lot of unfinished goals =\

made by origin.

still have the original disk. its a shame that they never released the expansion, this was easily my favorite game when i was in jr high.

"If you've come for the fork, you'll be sorely disappointed!" :D

im trying to find an original sealed box for a keepsake, if someone comes accross one please let me know, this game and wing commander i owe my career too, so it means something extra to me.

thanks

Yep

I remember watching my roommate in the army beat it for me! I had it on Floppies, not CD-Rom.

I really miss Origin and all the great games they made....the days before 3d accelerators where out.

Very cool game back in the day. Here is another one you'll remember, CyberMage. That was a very fun game, god I miss those days.

OH MAN! I remember that game...

didn't you get a leg or something at some point and you could hit people with it?

imExcitebike said:
OH MAN! I remember that game...

didn't you get a leg or something at some point and you could hit people with it?

Yah in Bioforge you could pick up alot of things as weapons. I think they had different animations for different weapons too, different attacks.

hmmm, i wonder if i could find my disc if i could install it and it'd run...

something to look into after work...

Game was fun as hell. And play the flute lol, come on. The fighting was pretty cool despite it being really slow to respond. At the time all other games were punch and kick, and the fact that you could do 8 different punches and 8 different kicks...and you could pick up the guys ARM and beat him with it, that was so awesome. Was a fun fun game, played through it several several times

BIO-Forge was the shit. I loved the game. I played it for many many hours. I remember it brought my 486 DX2-66MHz PC to it's knees.

Those were the days. :cool:

Back