Who owns a 3.46EE?

Sir-Fragalot said:
Not on an IC7-MAX 3 you don't. The 3.46EE and the 3.4EE are different chips. The 3.46EE is a 1066FSB LGA775 CPU and it doesn't work on anything but i925XE based boards. The IC7 Max 3 is a i875P chipset based board which only officially supports up to a 800MHz FSB. (Overclocking gets you more of course).

The 3.46EE is LGA775 only and the 3.4EE comes in both LGA775 and socket 478. The LGA775 version still uses the 800MHz FSB. Where the 3.46EE uses the 1066FSB. Which of course is only supported on the i925XE chipset.

The math doesn't work out either. 13x266=3460MHz and 17x200=3400MHz so you see, they aren't the same processor.

Excuse me? I don't? Yes, I do own a 3.46EE. Yes, it is a LGA775 package. Yes it is an ES. You think the computer in my signature is the only system I own? You think the processor in that system is the only processor I own? Not even close. I'll just end this all right now and let you know there is nothing you can teach me about Intel systems. Thanks for playing.

freecableguy said:
Excuse me? I don't? Yes, I do own a 3.46EE. Yes, it is a LGA775 package. Yes it is an ES. You think the computer in my signature is the only system I own? You think the processor in that system is the only processor I own? Not even close. I'll just end this all right now and let you know there is nothing you can teach me about Intel systems. Thanks for playing.
Ohh man, I was waiting for that assholish elite attitude to come out...

joethemole said:
what the hell does jizz mean?

jackoff.gif

freecableguy said:
yes, unlocked multiplier and yes, I own it
i have a p4 550 3.4ghz, how does your cpu compare to mine, 10-20%, 40% faster?

freecableguy said:

My comment was concerning the fact that you couldn't run one on a IC7 MAX 3. And I'm right. By the way your post was worded there was no MENTION of it being an LGA775 CPU or that you had another board to run it. Generally peoples top systems are posted in their sigs. I didn't see that in there.

So my mistake is assuming you had the 3.4EE confused with the 3.46EE. I appologize for that.

And to say theres nothing I couldn't teach you about Intel systems is an arrogant statement. Theres always something that can be learned. Don't assume anything. Chances are I've built and serviced FAR more machines than you have. I've worked in a high volume centralized service center and as a system builder as well as IT for just over 8 years.

I would never say that I couldn't learn something from anyone about something I know alot about. That's arrogant as hell and that attitude won't serve you very well in life. I'd love to turn this into a flame war and tell you where you can shove your attitude but I'll pass on that today and simply appologize for assuming that you'd have your fastest and best hardware posted in your sig.

JVC said:
i have a p4 550 3.4ghz, how does your cpu compare to mine, 10-20%, 40% faster?

Well I overclocked my 550 to 3.58GHz (That's all the Intel board lets me do) and I didn't notice any improvement in hardly anything from it. So a 560J shouldn't be much if any noticable amount faster.

Back