Who notices Adobe apps being slower?

El Spic

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone notice Adobe apps being slower on Intel macs? I just got a macbook core 2 duo and I don't notice any speed hits on running my adobe programs. Although I have read everywhere that it is supposed to be way slower than adobe apps running on PC and older apple G4's.

The only time i have noticed any slowdown was when i opened Illustrator and Photoshop at the same time while I was running flash, but that is understandable.

It's using Rosetta, so depending on what you are doing it will be noticeably slower.
(Large images, a lot of image processing, etc)

Adobe apps won't be universal until CS3 comes out (supposedly Q1 2k7)

Depends on how much RAM you're running. Also, the 10.4.8 had some very impressive improvements in Rosetta. Although I've heard it crashes more now. :rolleyes:

Basically, Adobe apps are slow as molasses right now. However, the thing is that they mostly don't require all that much performance in the first place. On my iBook (1.33GHz G4), I've edited images as large as 10 megapixels, with no real slowdowns. Sure, a 50 pixel gaussian blur is going to take a while, but stuff you actually use often, like level adjustments and the clone stamp, are real-time on just about any even semi-modern hardware, unless your images are grotesquely large.

Back