Who needs BH-5/BH-6 when you've got D43!!

ecxeleron

Weaksauce
Here i am using my generic d43 at 2-3-2-11 236. it will pass memtest at 240-245 same timings. but my chipset is maxxed so gameing etc is unstable. my chipset is stable up to 236, anything over fails prime no matter what multi.
my ram is fed by the 3.3V rail voltmodded to 3.39V

Silverghost said:
3.3V....? Thats retarded.
Per the rules:
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.
Your post qualifies.......:rolleyes:

Look, you can argue, debate, disagree, whatever.....but when it gets personal, count on a Mod or SuperMod or Admin stepping in.

Thanks - B.B.S.

I'm not calling HIM that. I'm just saying that running that RAM at 3.3V is ridiculous, how long is it going to last? Can't the BH5 do that at much lower voltage...?

He said his 3.3v rail is running at 3.39v, doesn't mean his ram is running at 3.39v. Wow..

Yep, think of the 3.39V as a safety net for the RAM's slightly higher vDimm requirements (i'm assuming its not running at stock 2.6 or 2.7V).

Silverghost said:
I'm not calling HIM that. I'm just saying that running that RAM at 3.3V is ridiculous, how long is it going to last? Can't the BH5 do that at much lower voltage...?

Even at 3.2-3.3V memory will last longer than it is needed.
I've been running BH-5 at 3.2V for over a year now. And people have been doing the same for much longer.

Depends on the RAM. Most ram doesn't yield any better results after 2.8v, and doing so could reduce the lifespan of your ram. BH-5/6 is rated for 3.6.. so it likes voltage.. and runs it nicely. Oh, and with 3.3v on bh-5, you could probably expect 2-2-2-5 at ddr 480-500.

That hynix stuff did respond to voltage just not as well as BH-5. THat was the down fall of BH-5 B/C it needed high voltage to reach high speeds, and preformed lousy when the timmings were loosened up

Vengance_01 said:
That hynix stuff did respond to voltage just not as well as BH-5. THat was the down fall of BH-5 B/C it needed high voltage to reach high speeds, and preformed lousy when the timmings were loosened up
But when you can provide voltage to it, it runs like magic. 275 fsb at 2-2-2-5 still rivals 300+fsb for bandwidth nowadays.

Oh I agree, its just not many boards are giving the voltage needed, and Only places ato find BH-5/BH-6 in on forums or ebay. This is why Samsung has come out with Samsung TCCD. Gives nice tight timmings, and then loose timmings for high 1:1 fsb :D

someone correct me if i'm wrong... but isn't d43 just rebranded bh-x? Or was that D(w)?45... i forget :(

Silverghost said:
3.3V....? Thats retarded.

I ran my bh5 @ 534mhz 2-2-2-5 @ 3.8V for months. To the thread starter: Thats why you need bh5.

To you: You're comment is retarded.

Memory in general is extremely durable.

Anyway I had two sticks of BT-D43s, they were good for 500MHz but a lowly 3-4-4-8. Anyway, I was excited b/c timings didn't matter too much for me. However, my Chaintech board didn't like them, so I had to get rid of them :(

Silverghost said:
I was unaware BH5 was so... durable.
neither was I.
The datasheet for BH-5 says the absolute maximum voltage is 3.6V (same for d43). but if your BH-5 likes 3.8V, then good for you :)

yes my vdimm is running at 3.39V. Whe 3.3v rail is directly soldered to the dimm slot at the back of the mobo. (best vmod ever, guys!) :p

ecxeleron said:
neither was I.
The datasheet for BH-5 says the absolute maximum voltage is 3.6V (same for d43). but if your BH-5 likes 3.8V, then good for you :)

yes my vdimm is running at 3.39V. Whe 3.3v rail is directly soldered to the dimm slot at the back of the mobo. (best vmod ever, guys!) :p

3.6 is the maximum constant operating voltage. Running at 3.8v like I did WILL shorten the life of the chips, but it will be something like from 10yr to like 5. I personally don't plan to be on ddr1 in 5 years. It is a risk, but it was activley cooled, and people at xtremesystems forums have been around 4v up for some benches. I saw someone @ 280fsb 2-2-2-5. Thats crazy stuff.

Back