Who makes this gorgeous case?

Jesus, $3900 for the Ryzen ultimate build and it only comes with 64GB ram, 1x500GB NVME, 1x2TB HD and a pathetic 1650GTX. Only the CPU on water as well. They are VERY proud of their cases and watercooling loop it seems.

Jesus, $3900 for the Ryzen ultimate build and it only comes with 64GB ram, 1x500GB NVME, 1x2TB HD and a pathetic 1650GTX. Only the CPU on water as well. They are VERY proud of their cases and watercooling loop it seems.
Yeah, it seems kind of overpriced to me.

$6,719 for a hardline cpu and gpu cooled setup with a 2080ti, AE5 soundcard, 3950X, 64GB rgb ram, 1TB nvme and 2TB ssd.
Case in blue with blue liquid.

So about $2000+ premium for this setup?

Reactions: x509
like this

Quite. Maybe send them a note seeing if you can purchase just their case with only required internals? All their component prices seem OEM or higher, not justifiable. I get engineering + art draws a premium but they are stretching it in a crowded custom case market.

Tell them you purchased one 2nd hand and the case was damaged in shipping and you need a replacement case to see if they'll sell one. :p

Tell them you purchased one 2nd hand and the case was damaged in shipping and you need a replacement case to see if they'll sell one. :p
they'll probably want a pic of the damaged one first, lol

The two fans blowing on the back of the CPU socket and PCI slots seem a bit excessive...

Wow that case is absolutely phenomenal. I'm guessing case alone is probably close to 1k as it's limited production.

$6,719 for a hardline cpu and gpu cooled setup with a 2080ti, AE5 soundcard, 3950X, 64GB rgb ram, 1TB nvme and 2TB ssd.
Case in blue with blue liquid.

So about $2000+ premium for this setup?
In those terms, it actually doesn't sound that unreasonable if you're getting that really nice bespoke case and handmade hard tube water cooling. It's hard to get into even relatively simple water cooling for less than about $500 these days, and this appears to be a pretty high end turnkey solution.

Square box with glass on the side, what is gorgeous? Seems quite generic..
The case has a lot of features that the untrained eye would likely miss, such as that coolant distribution block, bulkhead fittings (with quick disconnects?) at the motherboard tray, a whole stack of hard drive trays (increasingly a rarity), a mostly dedicated radiator compartment and so forth. Furthermore, it's just nice looking.

It's the same with all the high end boutique builders. They have to charge fairly high prices for these things due to extremely high costs on their end. Dealing with warranty claims, the cost of labor to assemble these and so on. It isn't like you are dealing with HP or some company with massive manufacturing infrastructure. And of course, many of us here can build a PC that's more powerful than these for less money. Could we do it with those kinds of aesthetics? That's certainly up for debate.

In those terms, it actually doesn't sound that unreasonable if you're getting that really nice bespoke case and handmade hard tube water cooling. It's hard to get into even relatively simple water cooling for less than about $500 these days, and this appears to be a pretty high end turnkey solution.

The case has a lot of features that the untrained eye would likely miss, such as that coolant distribution block, bulkhead fittings (with quick disconnects?) at the motherboard tray, a whole stack of hard drive trays (increasingly a rarity), a mostly dedicated radiator compartment and so forth. Furthermore, it's just nice looking.

It really isn't all that unreasonable in those terms. Aside from the case features, the other thing people fail to realize is just how many hours of labor goes into building something like this.

It's the same with all the high end boutique builders. They have to charge fairly high prices for these things due to extremely high costs on their end. Dealing with warranty claims, the cost of labor to assemble these and so on. It isn't like you are dealing with HP or some company with massive manufacturing infrastructure. And of course, many of us here can build a PC that's more powerful than these for less money. Could we do it with those kinds of aesthetics? That's certainly up for debate.

It really isn't all that unreasonable in those terms. Aside from the case features, the other thing people fail to realize is just how many hours of labor goes into building something like this.

For sure, my hard tubing and immaculate cabling setup easily added 10 hours to my build time. That's a lot of labor assuming these techs are getting paid ~20 an hour.

For sure, my hard tubing and immaculate cabling setup easily added 10 hours to my build time. That's a lot of labor assuming these techs are getting paid ~20 an hour.

I did my Ryzen 9 3950X build not that long ago with hard tubing. I've probably got close to $1,000 in the water cooling hardware alone. Plus, it was easily 10 hours or more just to do the build. Even changing from my Intel setup to my AMD setup took quite a bit of time.

I did my Ryzen 9 3950X build not that long ago with hard tubing. I've probably got close to $1,000 in the water cooling hardware alone. Plus, it was easily 10 hours or more just to do the build. Even changing from my Intel setup to my AMD setup took quite a bit of time.

yup, my loop is close to $650 and I am using all byski fittings and a byski water block on the gpu.

It's hard to get into even relatively simple water cooling for less than about $500 these days, and this appears to be a pretty high end turnkey solution.
Swiftechs Boreos series will get you a 360 radiator, cpu block, pump, res, fans, fittings, soft tube for under 350$. Full coverage gpu block and Barb fittings will still keep you under 500$.

That being said I amazed how inflated prices have become. I was going to say you are crazy that getting started would be any where near 500$, but looking at today's prices, I am shocked. There really isn't any good reason for the prices being that high, other than people seem to be willing to pay them.

Swiftechs Boreos series will get you a 360 radiator, cpu block, pump, res, fans, fittings, soft tube for under 350$. Full coverage gpu block and Barb fittings will still keep you under 500$.

That being said I amazed how inflated prices have become. I was going to say you are crazy that getting started would be any where near 500$, but looking at today's prices, I am shocked. There really isn't any good reason for the prices being that high, other than people seem to be willing to pay them.

It seems like a lot of the parts have gotten more elaborate, and as the practice goes mainstream, there are now significant marketing budgets and the RGB LED arms race to pay for.

Ironically, it appears that Aquacomputer's hardware is all still reasonably priced. If you went all Aquacomputer, it looks like you could easily get under that $500 budget, particularly if you're not a diva about tubing size and so forth.

I have a couple of their graphics card jackets lying around, and it bums me out that the cards they fit are obsolete, because they're sooooo pretty.

Yeah, prices are nuts now. I remember doing my first waterloops for like $150 with like an Eheim, whitewater block, and a car rad

Yeah I hear ya. Just a bit to chew that their ultimate build is so weak for such an outstanding price. There are people that pay millions for a painting so there's a customer base out there to fit the need.

Back