Who makes the best mouse software

Seventyfive

[H]ard|Gawd
Right now I have a G9 which I'm pretty happy with but I think the new logitech software sucks. Can't remap scroll buttons, the scripting support is limited, and sometimes it just refuses to recognize what game I'm playing. Oh and sometimes I have to close and restart the process from task manager just to get the shit to work. The forums are riddled with these problems and logitech doesn't seem to care. They just say "yea that's how it is".

I have a friend asking for a mouse now and I'm hesitant to recommend any other logitech mice until they fix their software so I'm wondering out of the other big gaming mice people (corsair, madcatz, etc...) does anyone have a strong up vote for their software?

Yeah I had issues with the Logitech gaming software with my G700s. I fugured out that if I install the software with my mouse plugged in, and install it again with it on wireless it works flawlessly.

I have a G500s mouse and actually quite adore the software for it, works wonderfully fine, I had a coolermaster inferno mouse that decided to just up and stop working(laser got all jittery) but its software was way more advanced then I will more then likely ever have need of, so, Logitech is simple, functional and intuitive (for me) coolermaster a metric ton of options AND option of setting that the mouse remembers its settings without needing a computer with drivers to make it all work i.e true plug and play and cant still have one hell of a massive profile and still allow it.

This is a trick question because there is no such thing as good mouse software.

Another G500 user here, and I've never had any problems with the software. Remapping buttons worked properly, and 'game mode' worked very well, button function mapping in games vs. in the OS was all correct.

So kind of like Rudy is alluding to, no matter how disappointed I am in the software, perhaps Logitech actually has the best software. :eek:

Back