WHO LOVES WOW!

kick@ss said:
I think you need to look in the mirror if you want to know who the noob is. So you use your 3 minute timer... and then 1 minute later someone attacks you. Guess what, your combo doesn't work. Warriors on the other hand? Ready for action. Could a mage ever even come close to doing what that warrior did (non-stop killing)? No, never.

you do know i can still sheep after i use my timers right?
and i can still bandage myself?
I can still frost nova a warrior...
I can still blink away..
I can CS silence a war so he can't use his timers for a short while....
Use my entire mana as as my defensiev shield..

There are so many fucking ways to fight in a battle. there is no definitive answer.

The original topic was about which class is the dps king. And i'm telling you it's the mage. I didn't say mages were the pvp king. i just said they are the dps king.

Maybe if you actually read.. you would have a chance in life.

Theres two types of DPS kings. The single and multiple target. A rogue is the single target champ, and a mage is multiple target champ.

Also, for whoever it was, you didnt sustain 500DPS, you bursted 500DPS for 30seconds, learn how the combat stats addon works.

EricNS said:
Theres two types of DPS kings. The single and multiple target. A rogue is the single target champ, and a mage is multiple target champ.

agreed!

more of these misunderstanding please! i effectively avoided atleast 2 hours of work.

I've played WoW for several months and like it quite a bit. World of Warcrack. There are many ways of looking at this game, and everyone's experience will differ depending on how they play and who they are playing around and with. My guild plays Alliance on Whisperwind and we just started some Hoarde alts on Archimonde for brutal PvP.

I am a rogue. I love them. Especially the undead rogue.

EricNS said:

Also, for whoever it was, you didnt sustain 500DPS, you bursted 500DPS for 30seconds, learn how the combat stats addon works.

No matter how you look at it 30 seconds is sustained DPS. Burst damage is considered anything down in 5 seconds or less, which is why Rogues are considered the masters of BURST dps. Mages deal great damage but dont underestimate a warlock that is well played.

This was not a post to start some Warlocks are uber gods of damage. It was to support that the mage was indeed correct that in under 5 seconds it is possible to do over 3k damage as a caster.

Why is it people have to spout off this BS about "x person knows jack". I know how the mod works. THis was a sustained damage on multiple targets using DoTs, shadowbolts, shadowburns, and my imp. I can run multiple screenshots PVE and PVP that record from 375-528dps.

Would it have been too hard to simply say nice or impressive.

gizo said:
you do know i can still sheep after i use my timers right?
and i can still bandage myself?
I can still frost nova a warrior...
I can still blink away..
I can CS silence a war so he can't use his timers for a short while....
Use my entire mana as as my defensiev shield..

There are so many fucking ways to fight in a battle. there is no definitive answer.

The original topic was about which class is the dps king. And i'm telling you it's the mage. I didn't say mages were the pvp king. i just said they are the dps king.

Maybe if you actually read.. you would have a chance in life.

AoE dps king? There really isn't much competition there... Warlock with helfire? Hunter with volley shot?

If people could out DPS us in AoE you wouldn't see people "LF1M MAGE"

I am into WoW right now just picked it up last week and am very into the game right now.

statious said:
No matter how you look at it 30 seconds is sustained DPS. Burst damage is considered anything down in 5 seconds or less, which is why Rogues are considered the masters of BURST dps. Mages deal great damage but dont underestimate a warlock that is well played.

This was not a post to start some Warlocks are uber gods of damage. It was to support that the mage was indeed correct that in under 5 seconds it is possible to do over 3k damage as a caster.

Why is it people have to spout off this BS about "x person knows jack". I know how the mod works. THis was a sustained damage on multiple targets using DoTs, shadowbolts, shadowburns, and my imp. I can run multiple screenshots PVE and PVP that record from 375-528dps.

Would it have been too hard to simply say nice or impressive.

30seconds is sustained DPS? Wow, thats new to me, when ever i do parses for sustained DPS i do it over a long period of time, like several hours. Combat Stats plugin ONLY displays the last 30seconds of comabt you did, that is what it parses. it doesnt parse the entire fight, only 30seconds.

Yes, it is possible to do over 3k damage as a caster, but its not possible(likely) to do it to one target.

You may parse out 500dps, but thats to several targets. Divide your DPS by the number of targets if you want to compare it the DPS of a rogue. Its better to just keep the two seperate as its mostly an apples and oranges thing.

Lastly, sorry mediocrity doesnt impress me.

I need to put this game down, I have a 60 ud rogue full epic gear from MC, 60 turen shammy and a 60 mage. My rogue has a total of 50days playing time
:p I just cant play it anymore its a chore. So here comes ebay! :D

aggpirate said:
I need to put this game down, I have a 60 ud rogue full epic gear from MC, 60 turen shammy and a 60 mage. My rogue has a total of 50days playing time
:p I just cant play it anymore its a chore. So here comes ebay! :D

Heh, I know what you mean... Though, I only have 1 level 60 I have several alts that are making their way slowly.

I'd make a horde alt on stormscale, but the only class I would want to play would be a druid, and I hate tauren :(

Plus, the barrens suck.

Bennyb said:
Heh, I know what you mean... Though, I only have 1 level 60 I have several alts that are making their way slowly.

I'd make a horde alt on stormscale, but the only class I would want to play would be a druid, and I hate tauren :(

Plus, the barrens suck.

:( ,,,,,

I love the game, i have a 53 rogue, but hes on sleep, im working on a mage right now, im waiting til after the patch to see what they actually do to my rogue, the combat thing when duel starts bugs the hell outta me

well I got WoW yesterday and I have played it for about an hour and I really dont know what is so special about this game, I think that it is a bit boring but maybe I havent played it enough.

Fistandantilis said:
Well I got WoW yesterday and I have played it for about an hour and I really don't know what is so special about this game, I think that it is a bit boring but maybe I haven't played it enough.

It gets better. At around level 10-15 it begins to open up, you get talents at 10, more (and more interesting) spells/abilities (getting to 20 helps here), more choice in what to do and where to do it, etc.
Also, there's no big incentive to play in groups in the beginning. A good group really helps the impression.

What race and class, btw?

Fistandantilis said:
well I got WoW yesterday and I have played it for about an hour and I really dont know what is so special about this game, I think that it is a bit boring but maybe I havent played it enough.

yeah it gets a lot better. I don't get why people think they know what the game is like after playing for an hour. (With a game like this anyways).

If you're interested though feel free to play with us

Fistandantilis said:
lol yes it gets way better, we forced my friend to buy it (he said we played WoW to much) so he bought it, played it for 2 days said it was the most stupidest game ever, i told him to get to level 20 and if he didnt like it he could quit, he said fine, he is now level 52 and bought the game 1 month ago with 22 days of play time

DRJ1014 said:
lol yes it gets way better, we forced my friend to buy it (he said we played WoW to much) so he bought it, played it for 2 days said it was the most stupidest game ever, i told him to get to level 20 and if he didnt like it he could quit, he said fine, he is now level 52 and bought the game 1 month ago with 22 days of play time

22 days in 1 month is a bit... unhealthy?

But yes, it gets much better, just make sure you find a class that you are comfortable with. In the closed beta I played a hunter. It was fun, but I really wasn't having fun, I wasn't dealing the damage I wanted to and hunters were a broken class at that point, so i stopped playing around level 16. In the open beta all of my friends made characters, I chose a mage. The game instantly became 100x more enjoyable.

Played for almost every day for over 2 months getting my warrior up to lvl 60 and then the game suddenly lost it's appeal to me. I guess I just burned out on it. I just can't bring myself to play anymore.

I picked it up today.
A buddy of mine has been playing it like crazy for a while now and last night over sushi he convinced me to give it a whirl. I haven't picked it up recently just because after playing FFXI for a while, MMO's really took a lot of my time. But I have a little more than a month before school starts and I've been itching to really get into a game. BF2 didn't appeal to me, and all the DC players I played with moved on to BF2.

So, I'm off to get my WoW on.

odoe said:
I picked it up today.
A buddy of mine has been playing it like crazy for a while now and last night over sushi he convinced me to give it a whirl. I haven't picked it up recently just because after playing FFXI for a while, MMO's really took a lot of my time. But I have a little more than a month before school starts and I've been itching to really get into a game. BF2 didn't appeal to me, and all the DC players I played with moved on to BF2.

So, I'm off to get my WoW on.

*cough* [H]ard|GUILD *cough*

Well I am now a lvl 15 3/4's Pally and the game is much better this time around. I guess its all in who you choose to play. Hated it as an Undead Rogue. Happy with the game now. Finally feeling like I am getting my money's worth out of it.

Bennyb said:
22 days in 1 month is a bit... unhealthy?
It was like a month and a half, but still it is unhealthy, i have played for 24 days, just level 54 but most of my time is pvp or AH or farming for stupid cloth, or working on my mage, but i will get up there to 60 one of these days :D

what do you guys prefer, Horde or Alliance

Me personally, doesnt bother me i have always just been on the alliance

Also i was watching this video, they where in a raid dun and ready to go in a room with about 300 whelps, they where on team speak and the leader asked this one guy to give him a number crunch and the guy said hes getting 33.6% of survival chance, what is this he is using to get these numbers? I would like it for when i go to the raid dun, could become handy

I'm still chugging away with a 54 Orc Shaman and a 36 Undead Rogue. The game actually lost its luster for about a month, but I'm jumping back into it and still having fun. I just want to get one of my characters to 60.

DRJ1014 said:
It was like a month and a half, but still it is unhealthy, i have played for 24 days, just level 54 but most of my time is pvp or AH or farming for stupid cloth, or working on my mage, but i will get up there to 60 one of these days :D

what do you guys prefer, Horde or Alliance

Me personally, doesnt bother me i have always just been on the alliance

Also i was watching this video, they where in a raid dun and ready to go in a room with about 300 whelps, they where on team speak and the leader asked this one guy to give him a number crunch and the guy said hes getting 33.6% of survival chance, what is this he is using to get these numbers? I would like it for when i go to the raid dun, could become handy

He's pulling them out of thin air for comic relief.

I'm ambivalent to alliance/horde, but currently play as horde. Besides, there's more alliance than horde players, so going Horde helps the balance (and by extention, everyone.)

cuemasterfl said:
Is there a [H]Alliance guild? Maybe we need to make one if not.

A few of the [H]orde have alliance chars on Daggerspine. I have like a 30 pally over there. But we never really use them.

Considering there''s like 30-40 of us in the [H]orde guild now. I dunno how well an alliance guild would do. :p

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
A few of the [H]orde have alliance chars on Daggerspine. I have like a 30 pally over there. But we never really use them.

Considering there''s like 30-40 of us in the [H]orde guild now. I dunno how well an alliance guild would do. :p

We may get killed, but at least we'd look good doing it. hehe. :)

Bennyb said:
Plus, the barrens suck.

!!

The Barrens is powerleveling nirvana. If it's an alt, you should have some big bags for your little one. go out and do 6 or 8 quests at a time to minimize the amount of traveling.

I'd take the Barrens anyday over bouncing back and forth bewteen Westfall and Loch Modan.

Concillian said:
!!

The Barrens is powerleveling nirvana. If it's an alt, you should have some big bags for your little one. go out and do 6 or 8 quests at a time to minimize the amount of traveling.

I'd take the Barrens anyday over bouncing back and forth bewteen Westfall and Loch Modan.

Exactly!! So come play on Stormscale with us! W00T! :p

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Exactly!! So come play on Stormscale with us! W00T! :p

Remind us one more time - what's the name of your guild and what server is it on? I can never seem to remember. I mean, you hardly ever mention it! :p

Concillian said:
!!

try darkshore/ashenvale. yull be wanting a mount at lvl 10

cuemasterfl said:
Remind us one more time - what's the name of your guild and what server is it on? I can never seem to remember. I mean, you hardly ever mention it! :p

I'm half tempted to act like I don't get it just so I can post it again :p

Concillian said:
!!

But... thats so boring... I'm just so used to my whole little leveling routine going from 1-6 in northshire, 6-12 in elwin, 12-18 in loch/westfall, 18-23 in RR, 23-25/26 in darkshire, wetlands, alterac/southshore for a while/ STV till about 38, SM.... lalalal it goes on.

Bennyb said:
But... thats so boring... I'm just so used to my whole little leveling routine going from 1-6 in northshire, 6-12 in elwin, 12-18 in loch/westfall, 18-23 in RR, 23-25/26 in darkshire, wetlands, alterac/southshore for a while/ STV till about 38, SM.... lalalal it goes on.

But Barrens also shows how immature some of the WoW players are. I feel dumber just for being in General chat for 5 minutes. I think last night I saw the word "homo" about 50x and "Amerika suks" at least 10. It really is bad. But the new 1.6 patch will at least add the FP to southern barrens. Save me at least 4 hours of leveling time.

Now...back to leveling my new Combat rogue :D Who needs backstab.

on our server we have the immature people who think there all bad, the lowbies and the high levels, im 54, strongest person in the server at my level, i can beat just about everyone i encounter, except mages and some warriors, they always challenge me to a duel and i always win, next thing i know im saying somthing like "lets act mature" then they ignore me, i love the 13 year olds out there ROFL

Trepidati0n said:
But Barrens also shows how immature some of the WoW players are. I feel dumber just for being in General chat for 5 minutes. I think last night I saw the word "homo" about 50x and "Amerika suks" at least 10. It really is bad. But the new 1.6 patch will at least add the FP to southern barrens. Save me at least 4 hours of leveling time.

Now...back to leveling my new Combat rogue :D Who needs backstab.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than on the EU servers.
"u re spposed to speak english in general its in the rules"
"No it's not. Look it up."
"Svensk guild 'nakna i raggsockor' söker medlemmer"
"Magayarzy *mumble*" (I'm not up to faking hungarian, sorry.)
"I am going to report you all!"
"noen danskere her?"
"omg shut up! ure so gay!"

*sigh*
There's french, german and english EU servers. On the english ones, more than half the players are not, in fact, native english speakers. General/Barrens on Ragnaros has quite a bit of swedish, danish and norwegian, some hungarian, and impressive amounts of english whining. At least it's broken up by "NE rogue in xroads!!1!!" now and then.

(The rules recommend using english in the chat channels, something I agree with.)

Back